Exhaustion.

No longer the cherry on top.

"Daehyun? Daehyun?!"

 

Everyone turned when Youngjae started to panic, and they all found Daehyuns' head hanging backwards without the slightest life in his eyes, and despite the continuous pats on his cheeks, Youngjae couldn't wake him up. Himchan reacted quickly to see if Daehyun was running a fever, but the fact that he couldn't feel a body temperature at all made his heart drop faster. He met with Yongguks' gaze when he looked up, and they were as confused and as lost as his own.

 

"What happened?" Jongup asked, brows tightly in a knot. Junhongs' fingers were clawing on his forearm, but it felt numb and not painful. Junhong was the most worried, unable to comprehend to the situation at all. They had just ended their performance and it’s been less than ten minutes when they walked into the waiting room. None of them were in high spirits, so Junhong hadn't paid attention and he didn't know what has happened. 

 

Daehyun was unconscious and that's all he knew. 

 

"Call an ambulance!" Youngjae found his voice in a shriek, and Yongguk called for their manager outside the door; who slammed the door to walk in. 

 

"What happened?!" He demanded, but none of them knew how to answer. 
How come they didn't know Daehyun wasn't feeling well? How come they hadn’t noticed until the very moment he had collapsed?

 

Daehyun was taken to a hospital, put into a room and was fixed a mask of oxygen on. The rest of the boys stood outside the hustling nurses and the doctor taking Daehyuns temperature and blood pressure, asking the girls dressed in blue around him to fetch him this and that.
Ten minutes later, when the doctor had started to write things down in a paper, their CEO walked in. He was a ten times impatient than all the boys combined, hands crossed over his chest, brows in a tighter knot than Jongups. Neither he nor the boys had the time nor the energy to deal with questions; and the tension turned the air heavy. Junhong was still clutching onto Jongup; and even if Himchan had given his shoulder a reassuring pat, Junhong wasn’t feeling any better. Yongguk said he doesn’t want to call Daehyuns parents until they knew what was wrong, so they were all waiting with their showy costumes still on by the room they weren’t allowed to walk in until the doctor walks out.

 

It wasn’t Yongguk to ask what was wrong.

 

“The hell is wrong with him?” Their CEO demanded, straight away as the doctor walked out. The gentleman was taken aback with how he was inquired, and after sparing a perplexed glance at the rest of the celebrities staring down his soul, he cleared his throat.

 

“Nothing too serious. His blood pressure had dropped.” He said.

 

“How long is this going to take?” Their CEO asked again, and more than offended, Yongguk started to feel helpless, confused if he should be angry or more concerned with the fact that their boss wasn’t behaving as the adult he should be.

 

The doctor turned to look at the boy on the bed, and thought for a while. “For today, we’re going to give him saline and hope his pressure comes back on with some medicine. It’s not like he’s anemic so I think he’d be fine after a weeklong rest.  Obviously he collapsed from over-work.” He stated matter of factly. “If I’m not wrong, I think his diet is playing a major role here too. I wouldn’t know until we take a blood test, but he’s low on calcium and iron. I’ll write you a prescription for a week. He’ll be fine.”

 

Kim Taesong heaved a sigh of relief. “Thank god. A week, right. That would do.” He said, pulling out his phone, and sliding through his contacts to make a call. As he waited for the other side to answer, he gestured at Yongguk, and he complied, stepping forward from the arch the rest of the members had formed around the door.

 

“You call his parents and tell them what’s happened, yeah.” He said, and Yongguk furrowed his brows when he grimaced at the phone, making his call in the liveliest tone. “Yes, I’m sorry it took a while to get back to you. Something came up.” He excused himself with the slightest bow, and walked out.

 

Yongguk couldn’t believe his ears. He turned to check with his manager, and he too, sympathetically sighed. Usually; the calls are made by official routes. At least the rest of the boys expected things to be taken care of legally. Although Yongguk had nothing against calling his friends parents to ask to come and visit their son in the hospital for a condition not too serious; that wasn’t what that upset him.

 

It was obvious.
They weren’t going to help.

 

Silently; he gave in. He pulled out his phone and made the call. He explained that it was nothing too serious, and that his blood pressure had dropped a little, and that he would be fine in a few days of rest. Nothing could scrape in deeper than to hear a mother fall into tears over the phone, hands against lips, struggling not to waver in her voice as he said she will come and visit as soon as she could.
But no matter how much she tried, it was obvious.

 

Manager Kang said he will stay by; and asked the rest of the exhausted boys to go back, change their clothes and have some rest. Junhong was glued on spot, and neither of them wanted to leave. But Yongguk gave their maknae a pat, and smiled – although weak.

 

“Tired?” he asked, and the two youngest shook their heads.

 

“Let’s get changed and take turns to come back, okay?” He suggested, and though hesitant, the boys all nodded. Himchan huddled Youngjae closer and pat his shoulder. “He’s fine.” Himchan said. Although Youngjae thought Himchan was trying to make him feel better, Himchan didn’t know if he was being truthful or not.
He wanted Daehyun to be fine, and he had to act the adult, help Yongguk and take the rest of the boys back home and let them have their share of rest too, but he wasn’t sure if Daehyun was fine or not.

 

Junhong lagged from the rest, and let Jongup follow Himchan hyung. He turned to manager Kang as he got himself seated on the row of plastic chairs of the hallway, and bent down, curling a hand as hard as his fingers allowed on the older mans’ shoulder.

 

“Call us when he wakes up.” He asked, and the manager nodded. Although Junhong understood that manager Kang meant no harm, he didn’t mean help either. 

 

 

 

-
The charachers and the story is completely fictional bdw?