Thinking About You (With The8)

♥ Seventeen Oneshot Collection ♥

The sun was shining bright, with a cool breeze blowing through. The leaves on trees were falling off and becoming different colors.

Yoonji was walking down the park where the wind was blowing back on her. She was wearing her most comfy knitted cardigan, with jeans, a plain white t-shirt, and black ankle boots. Her hands were so cold, the warm air she was breathing onto them wouldn't help. She put her hands in her pocket and felt something unusual. When she took it out, she laid her eyes on a ring.

As it was on the top of her palm, she couldn't stop staring at it. The sun shined on it and the engraving was revealed. It read: stay true and happy. Her eyes started to water as she kept looking at it. The memories started to rush back to her....

Yoonji never had a real relationship with anyone. She was so used to the fact that boys were just so picky about what they want in a girl. Apparently she wasn't what boys wanted. Being the very quirky and playful girl she is.

She was walking down the hallways of her school, minding her own business. As she was walking, she saw someone getting pushed into her. Her fast reflexes pushed him back and he fell back.

"I'm sorry!" She said and offered her hand to help him up.
"It's cool. I should be the one whos sorry." He said and accepted her hand.
"Minghao! Why are you bumping into people?!" The boy with blonde and blue hair scolded him.
"Yeah! You're so rude!" The other boys with black and brown hair started hitting him.
"I'm sorry, he was in your way. I'm Chan." The one with black hair told her.
"Please come through. By the way, I'm Soonyoung, and this silent looking one is Jun." The one with blue hair said as he pointed at the brown haired one. They all made a pathway for her.
"Aw, you guys are sweet." She said and pinched the apples of Soonyoung's cheeks as he smiled at her.

She walked through and waved bye at them. They all looked at her walking down the hall, and waited until she was far enough.

"She's so cute." Soonyoung mentioned .
"You just met her." Jun replied back.
"That's Yoonji. She works at the bubble tea place." Chan spoke.

Minghao just gave a smile as they were talking about her.

******

The four of them were just walking out of the school theater. They were sweaty and tired from their dance practice.

"I'll go first. See you guys." Soonyoung walked away from the group.
"I'm giving Chan a ride. I guess you're all by yourself." Jun told Minghao.

They all waved at him and left him alone. He was walking out to the front of the school to get to the ice cream parlor.

As he came in, he saw Yoonji sitting by herself eating her ice cream. She looked bored and sad sitting there. Minghao wanted to lighten up her mood.

"Hi." He smiled as he sat down across from her.
"Hi. Minghao, right?"
"Yup. What are you doing here, alone?" He asked.
"My step mom didn't want to pick me up. So I was like, why not get ice cream?"
"Why?"
"She doesn't like me. I guess because I'm not her actual child, so she thinks she has no responsibility over me."
"No I was talking about why the ice cream." He joked with her to lighten up her mood.
"Wow, you're so funny." She gave a sarcastic attitude.
"I'm just trying to cheer you up. Why don't you move out?"
"At this rate I can't. I don't have the money right now because they keep taking it. I really do need to move out though."

She put her head on top of her arms and saw a ring on his ring finger. There was an engraving on it, but she couldn't quite see it clearly.

"Nice ring. What's the engraving say?" She asked.
"Wow, you noticed the engraving. No one can really tell if its engraved." He said and took it off.

He pointed it to the sun and the engraving was revealed clearly. It read stay true and happy.

"Stay true and happy. What does the quote mean?"
"It just gives me a positive feeling. Whenever I feel that I'm not being happy or not acting myself, I have this to look at to remind me that i need to stay true and happy."

She gave a little clap.

"Wow. Beautiful." She praised him. "Can i have it?"

Minghao laughed at the way she asked him.

"Maybe. So do you have a place to go to tonight?" He asked her, changing the topic.
"Yeah, I'm just going to go my cousins place tonight. Hopefully the door will be unlocked tomorrow."
"If you ever need another place, you can come to mine."
"Thanks. But I just met you and I don't want to bother you much... Yet."
"Wow 'yet'." Minghao gave a laugh. "Here, how about I give you the address anyways. Whats your number?" He asked and passed his phone to her.

She put her phone number in and then passed it back. Minghao texted her the address and she felt her phone vibrate.

"Was this just a smooth way to get my number?"
"Maybe."
"Nice job."
"Thanks. Just text me back later so I know you got to your cousin's house safely."
"And then that will probably lead to a conversation."
"Yes. That's exactly what i was aiming for."
"Don't worry, I'll text you later. Bye Minghao." She said and walked out.

Minghao couldn't believe how cool she is. He couldn't get her out of his mind, until he realized that he never got his ice cream and snapped out of it.

****

When Yoonji came to school she saw Minghao walking with his group. They had a close friendship, so Yoonji went up to him and hugged him from behind.

"Oh hey Yoonji." He told her.
"Hi!" She replied as she let go of him.
"Where's my hug Yoonji?" Soonyoung asked her.
"You don't get one."
"But you're my best friend!" Soonyoung said and hugged her tight.
"Ok, that's good." She wanted him to stop.

Soonyoung didn't want to let her go.

"Minghao! Help me!" She sounded like she was dying from his hug.
"But hyung likes you."
"Well I don't like him."

Soonyoung let go, with a shocked look on his face. He couldn't believe what Yoonji just said.

"I am hurt. I thought we would end up in a relationship." Soonyoung told her as the others were laughing.
"You'll be alright. Plus,I have my heart set on someone else. I got to go guys." Yoonji told them and walked away.
"Wow, you've been talking to her for awhile that her heart is set on you." Soonyoung pointed out to Minghao as she left.
"When are you going to ask her to be yours?" Chan asked.
"I don't know if I should. She's been going through a lot and the last thing I'd want for her is to pressure her into a relationship."

They all started teasing him and Minghao just shook his head.

"Guys, I just want what's best for her."
"Hey if you dont confess to her soon, I'm going to ask her out." Soonyoung mentioned.
"You're lying. I know you won't do that. She just said her heart is set on someone else."
"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, and she's just kidding. She knows her heart is set on me but is too blinded to believe it."
"I'll tell her when I'm determined that she has feelings for me back. Don't scare me like that hyung."

*****

It was raining out and Minghao was just sitting on his couch watching tv. He heard a knock on his door. He was so confused since someone would be knocking his door with the big storm outside.
When he looked out through his peep hole, his eyes widened and he opened the door immediately.

"Yoonji! Get inside." He worriedly said and pulled her by the arm. Yoonji winced a bit when he did that.
"Hows it going?" She asked him as she took off her puffy coat and kept brushing her hair back with her fingertips.
"Why did you come here when its pouring outside?"
"Because my evil step mother is getting on my nerves."
"You could've called me." Minghao told her as he grabbed the blanket from his couch and wrapped it around her.
"I didn't want to bother you. You were probably comfortable sitting on your couch, watching tv."
"It doesn't matter. You're soaked now and you're going to catch a cold."
"I'm fine." She said and started coughing really bad.
"Here comes the cold." Minghao mumbled and Yoonji kept coughing.
"I'll be fine. It's just a cold."
"Im assuming that bag has your clothes in it." Minghao eyed her leather douffle bag.
"Yes it does."
"Go change into your dry clothes then. I'll make you some tea."
"Alright, whatever makes you feel better."

Yoonji went into the bathroom and took her clothes out. She changed into a very baggy t-shirt and wore shorts under it. She put her wet hair in a bun and came out.

When she went into the kitchen, he turned around and saw that her t-shirt was really long and looked liked a dress on her. He just kept eyeing her and she gave out a chuckle.

"Does it look bad?" She asked.
"Not at all. You look cute in baggy shirts."
"Thanks." She told him as she looked in the cupboards for a mug.
"So what did your step mother do?"
"She hit me."

Minghao turned his head at her, making sure he heard that clearly.

"Did you just say she hit you?" Minghao wanted to clarify.
"Yup." Yoonji was acting like it wasn't a big deal.
"Where?"

Yoonji pulled her sleeve up and showed his a purple bruise that was on her arm.

"Oh god. Did you tell your dad about this?"
"Yeah, but he doesn't believe me. for him though. He just lost his child's respect for him."
"You can't stay there anymore."
"Don't worry, I'm not. I'm just here for tonight, then I'm going to go to my cousin's house tomorrow."
"You know, I don't mind having you here."
"Seriously? Because honestly, I think my cousin's boyfriend is tired of seeing my face."
"Yeah, you can move in here if you want."
"How about when I turn 19? Just so I could get through first semester."
"I still don't get how you don't have your license."
"Its because I never took my permit test. Maybe when I move in you can help me. Is that a plan?"
"Yeah. Sounds good."
"Great." Yoonji said and smiled at him.

*****

It was the middle of the night and Yoonji woke up because of the thunder. She was sleeping in the living room by herself. The only light that was shining was the lightning striking from the storm. She didn't feel comfortable by herself so she walked over to Minghao's bedroom.

When she came in she saw him fast asleep on his side holding a pillow. She tapped him, and he woke up, half asleep.

"Minghao." She whispered.
"Hey, whats up?" He asked, as he moved to his other side with his eyes half open.
"Is it ok if I sleep next to you?" She asked him.
"Go ahead." He said and had his eyes completely shut.
"Thanks." She told him and went to the otherside of his bed.

She put herself under the blanket and when she turned she saw Minghao's face gently sleeping.

"Wow, you're cute." She said quietly to herself.

As she observed him, she noticed his arm was laid next to his head. Yoonji went under his arm to lean on his chest. Minghao responded back by hugging her around the neck. Yoonji loved the feeling of being in his arms, that she did not want to let go.

"Yoonji." He whispered.
"Yeah?"
"I like you."
"I like you too."

They were both still cuddling with each other. Yoonji fell asleep with a smile on her face.

*****

Yoonji was the first to open her eyes as she was waking up. She sat up and stretched her arms out. Minghao woke up and suddenly tackled her.

"You're up." Yoonji said as she was laughing.
"I am." He said smiled at her.
"Do you remember what you said to me last night?" She asked him.
"What did I say?" He wanted to play around with her.
"Nevermind." She regret bringing it up.
"I remember that you said you like me."
"No! You said it first!" She yelled playfully at him.
"That's not how I remember it." He said and smiled at the way she reacted.

She nodded at him and pushed his face back. He locked his hands with hers.

"Alright, if that's how you want to play it then so be it. How come you never told me before though?"
"Because I thought if I told you, you would've been more stressed out."
"How can you stress me out? You're the most sweet and nicest person who has cared for me, more than anyone else. I would never think you're pushing me down."
"That's great to hear because I think Soonyoung was very close on asking you out if I didn't."
"Now I feel bad for him."
"It's ok, he'll be alright."
"So considerate of you."
"I know right. Now let's go get breakfast." Minghao said as he stood up.
"I'll get break fast with you if you let me have your ring."
"Maybe. Stop being so lazy, I'll give you a piggyback ride to the kitchen."

Yoonji jumped on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck while he caught her legs. Yoonji gave him a kiss on the cheek and Minghao had a smile on his face.

****

The both of them started to act as if they were a couple, even though they kind of were but at the same time they never made their relationship official. At least to Yoonji, she didn't think they were official.

Yoonji had cupcakes for Minghao, since she felt like being nice to him. She was on her way to the schools front fountain where he was waiting for her. She saw him standing there and jumped in front of him.

"I got cupcakes for you." She passed him the box.
"What's it for?"
"Just cause."
"Because of this?" He said and grabbed one and put it on her face.
"Hey! I was supposed to do that first!"
"You can't outsmart me, Yoonji. I know you didn't get cupcakes just cause. You're getting back me for not letting you have my ring."
"Come on! You still haven't said yes or no. You just keep saying maybe and then change the topic. You know what kind of hopes it gives me?"
"I'll give it to you. Maybe." He said and looked into her eyes.
"Ugh, why do I even like you?" She sounded frustrated.
"It's ok, it's not a bad thing." He said and kissed her on the lips.

She felt startled by that, but went along with it. She was the first to break away.

"I swear Minghao, what are we?" She was confused.
"In a relationship."
"Oh. We are?"
"Yes."
"Nice." She said and smashed a cupcake on his face.
"What was that for?" He asked her.
"For making me wait this long for you to say it. You've been confusing me for awhile now."
"It's so obvious how I feel about you."
"Right..."
"Whats that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing, I just didn't know you were my boyfriend. Now I can confidently say you're my boyfriend to people." She said and hugged him.

*****

As time went by, Minghao and Yoonji were pretty much one of the typical couples out there. She was a bit playful with Minghao but he loved that about her. They were together for almost 9 months, and Yoonji's birthday was coming up. Yoonji was going to turn 19 and that meant she could follow the plans she had with Minghao.

Minghao was with his squad and they were at the dance studio practicing their routines. Minghao kept messing up their dance moves so they decided to take a break. He sat down and put his hands over his face.

"You didn't tell Yoonji yet, huh?" Soonyoung asked.
"Stop bringing it up." Minghao sounded irritated.
"You can't just not talk about it. I mean you're going back to China, and Yoonji had plans for the both of you." Jun mentioned.
"Please, just stop."
"Hyung..." Chan gave out a worried tone.
"I can't believe you never told her that you were here to study in Korea for two years, and your second year is almost done." Soonyoung told him.
"I didn't want her to worry about the time we had together."
"It would've been the first thing to tell her, just to let her know."
"Maybe my parents will let me stay here permanently."
"I don't know about that, they sounded pretty pissed on the phone when they called about your studies." Jun wasn't trying to sugar coat him.
"Ugh!" Minghao gave a frustrated tone.
"9 months is a long time. I can't believe it didn't pop up at all." Chan said.

It seemed to make Minghao more angrier when they kept talking about it.

"Speak of the devil." Jun pointed out at the glass door.

Minghao turned around and saw Yoonji coming in with a bag of snacks. He smiled at her to hide all the anger built inside of him. As she came in, he came up to her and gave her a kiss.

"Hey." He said and smiled.
"Hey, are you guys taking a break?" She asked.
"Yoonji those snacks are for us, right?" Soonyoung asked.
"Oh yeah, go knock yourselves out." She said as she threw the bag at Soonyoung.
"So what are you doing here?" Chan asked.
"I just need the keys to the apartment."
"Oh here." Minghao said and gave her the keys.
"You living there yet?" Jun asked.
"Nope, but I'm going to soon! Birthday is coming up in a few weeks." She was excited.

Soonyoung, Jun, and Chan just looked down at the snacks and kept eating.

"Anyways, I better go now. I'll see you later. I love you." Yoonji said and gave Minghao a kiss before she left.
"Dang, I'd hate to be in your situation." Soonyoung mumbled.
"I have to leave soon. Maybe ill just butter her up on her birthday so she won't be so angry."
"How about the apartment?" Chan asked.
"I'll probably just put it under her name. I seriously don't want her to live with her dad and stepmother anymore."
"Alright, whatever sounds right to you."

******

Yoonji was at Minghao's apartment getting ready. It was her birthday and apparently he had something planned for her. She heard his phone ringing in his room and went in there to try and find it.

By the time she found it, the person had stopped calling and sent text messages instead. Since they have a trustworthy relationship, she checked it for him. When she opened the text messages, she couldn't believe what she read. Her finger scrolled up to read earlier messages and she just threw his phone on the bed.

"Yoonji!" He called out happily.
"In here." She gave slight attitude.

He came in and saw her standing there looking furious, with her arms crossed.

"Are you ok?" He asked as he set the present he had for her on the nightstand.

She looked at his phone that she threw on the bed. He figured that she found out, so he cleared his throat, getting ready to explain.

"Yoonji I-"
"Don't touch me." She said and pushed him away, grabbing her stuff.
"Yoonji, just let me explain."
"When were you going to tell me you were leaving Korea to go back to China?"
"I didn't want you to worry about it."
"It would've been nice to know ahead of time before I made all these plans with you."
"I didn't think I'd have to move back. I really wanted to stay and I was trying to find a way to."
"Right, because your girlfriend- wait let me correct that. Your ex girlfriend wasn't enough for you to stay. Did you even tell your family about me?"
"It never came up. Yoonji, don't go back there. I already put the apartment under your name so you don't have to go back."
"You really hurt me, Minghao. I thought you trusted me." Yoonji said and walked out.

Minghao just sat on the couch, trying to hold in all his anger. As he got up, he pulled his hair in frustration and went into his room. He saw the gift he left for her and put it in the top shelf of hus closet. He wanted her to find it and open it when she calmed down and moved into the apartment.

*****

Yoonji was moving stuff into the apartment, with the help of Jun, Soonyoung, and Chan. Minghao mailed the key to her cousin, and that's when she got a hold of it. She decided to move in everything even though she had a rough past with him, since all he wanted was for her to live a good life.

"Isn't it kind of weird moving in here?" Jun asked her.
"Nope. It's just a plain old apartment. I mean all of Minghao's stuff is gone so it's not like I'll reminisce the memories we had together." She lied.
"Hm. Well, is that all you needed?" Soonyoung asked.
"Thats it. Thank you guys so much." She said and gave all of them a hug.
"We'll be on our way. Have fun organizing everything."
"Ugh. Shut up." She told them and all three of them walked out.

She took her box of clothes to fill the closet first. As she came into the room, she tried so hard not to think about when Minghao unintentionally confessed to her in his sleep. It also hit Yoonji when he gave her a piggyback ride to the kitchen and she gave him a kiss on the cheek. She just took a deep breath and went to the closet.

When she was hanging all of her jackets on the hanger, she saw a giftbox on the shelf. She reached for it and saw that it was a gift for her birthday.

"I guess he forgot this." She said and put it down on her desk.

She continued to to stuff clothes in the closet and fix the apartment to her taste. She remembered everything that happened between her and Minghao. When she would always talking about moving in with him, and now she's moved in except without him. He would also make her tea before she would leave the apartment. All of it was hitting her slowly, but she did her best to ignore it.

When she was done decorating and organizing everything, she laid down on her bed. The whole time, Yoonji forgot about the gift that Minghao had left her. She looked at her desk that the gift was sitting on top of. Without hesitation, she grabbed it and took the top off. There she saw a brown knit cardigan with side pockets. A letter was sittiny top of it saying happy birthday.

Although it wasn't a happy day, he wrote another letter after their argument saying that the sweater is hers to keep and that she shouldn't feel weird about wearing it.

"This is actually a cute sweater. But who knows if I'll actually wear it." She said and then hung it in her closet.

Thats when one day, Yoonji decided to go out and wear the cardigan. She stood there still looking at the ring and tears rushing down her eyes. She never knew he put his ring in her pocket, the one she'd been dying to have.

9 months with him and she went through a lot. It gave her so many emotions that she couldn't just hold in. She just put the ring on her finger and kept looking at it, while repeating the engraving to herself.

"Stay true and happy. Why not?" She talked to herself.
"You should." A voice from behind told her.

She turned around and got surprised by who it was.

"Minghao. You're here." She said in a blank expression.
"You don't jump into my arms? I thought it was going to turn out like those cheesy romantic movies." He tried to lighten the atmosphere between them.

She just crossed her arms and looked at him. She didn't want to give in just yet.

"Wow, that's awkward." He said and looked down and rubbed the back of his neck.

She gave out a huge laugh.

"Ok, I can't do this cold hearted stuff." She said frustrated and hugged him really tight.
"I thought I lost you."
"How could you? I couldn't stop thinking about you."
"Yoonji, I swear on my life that I will not hurt you like I did before. I just want you again."
"Oh really? Did you date any girls while you were back in China?" She was teasing him but serious at the same time.
"Maybe just 1 girl. But it didn't work out."
"Hmph." She pretended to be angry.
"How about you!?" He wanted to defend himself.
"Me? Psh, I'm loyal."
"Loyal. A loyal person does not go out on a date with their good friend."
"It wasn't a date! Soonyoung needs to stop telling everyone that!"
"He said you were smiling at him and laughing the whole time."
"That was because I put stickers in the back of his hair and he didn't realize it. Like I said, I really couldn't stop thinking about you. And your ring helped a lot. I didn't know you were going to give it to me."
"Oh you're wearing it." He smiled and grabbed her hand as he was observing it. "Yeah, I wanted to wait for your birthday. Thats why I never gave it to you."
"Please don't take it back just yet. I just had it for 5 minutes and I love it already."
"Its yours because I love you."
"I love you too." She said and kissed him.
"Its great to have you in my arms again."
"I'm glad that I couldn't stop thinking about you."

...

A/N: Hey! it's been awhile! I honestly have more oneshots coming, but I always have writers block xP That's why I barely post. I seriously do have a lot of stories started but I can't seem to finish them when I want to xD Anyways, I hope you guys liked this oneshot!