Second Day and Making more Friends

Overcoming Everything

The alarm went off early in the morning and Hyukjae rubbed his eyes before reaching over to the small table beside his bed and switched the alarm off. He got out his bed and got dressed before going into the kitchen and getting a drink and some cerial for his breakfast. Washing his dishes after he finished he made sure everything was in his bag before he picked it up and left the house. He walked to school wondering what his lessons were going to be like that day. It took him a while to get to school and he was early as usual but that meant that he had time to find his class. Wandering along he bumped into a boy that was reading from some sheets of paper in his hand. The papers went flying across the floor and Hyukjae fell over. The boy looked annoyed as he bent down to pick the papers, not even looking in Hyukjae's direction. Hyukjae stood up and bowed to the boy. "Mianhae, I didn't mean to bump into you." The boy stood up, having picked up the papers, and sent a glare in Hyukjae's direction. "Then you should watch where you're going then you clumsy idiot." The boy the walked off muttering things. Hyukjae sighed. 'What is it about me that makes everyone hate me so much? He walked on and managed to find his class after a while. Not long after the bell rang and everyone started to gather outside their classes. Sungmin ran when he saw Hyukjae. "Good morning Hyukjae-ssi." Hyukjae couldn't help but smile. "Good morning Sungmin-hyung." Sungmin smiled back. "Did you manage to get home okay?" Hyukjae blushed a little. "Actually, I got lost and Jungsu-hyung then insisted that he drove me home." Sungmin looked like he was trying not to laugh and then he just looked at Hyukjae. "I think I need to show you around. Didn't someone come to pick you up and drive you home?" Hyukjae shook his head. "No, I usually walk. We only have one car and my appa uses it to go to his work." Hyukjae quickly put his hands over his mouth, having told Sungmin too much. Sungmin noticed. "Mianhae Hyukjae-ssi, I've made you uncomfortable again." Hyukjae lowered his hands and shook his head. "No it's okay, I wasn't thinking when I spoke." Sungmin smiled. "You know I don't think any less of you because you're not as rich as everyone else at this school. I like the fact that you're not not like everyone else." Hyukjae looked at Sungmin with a look that Sungmin found kind of cute. "Really?" Sungmin nodded. "Really Hyukjae-ssi." The class then went inside as the teacher finally showed up. Hyukjae followed Sungmin and sat next to him. Hyukjae surprised everyone when he answered a difficult question the teacher asked. Even Sungmin looked amazed. Hyukjae blushed and looked down at his desk, clearly not used to having people look at him like that. Sungmin giggled a little when he saw.

After that, slightly embarassing, lesson Sungmin pulled Hyukjae into the school cafeteria. Hyukjae stopped at the entrance. Sungmin turned around when he felt a tug on his arm as Hyukjae stopped. "Hyukjae-ssi?" Hyukjae looked at him. "I don't eat at school." Sungmin looked a little confused. "Why?" Hyukjae sighed. "I've been bullied at every school I've been to and eating in school cafeterias just makes it easier for people to bully me." Sungmin patted Hyukjae on the back. "Mianhae Hyukjae-ssi, if I had known that I wouldn't have brought you here." Hyukjae shook his head. "It's okay Sungmin-hyung." Sungmin smiled. "Hey Hyukjae-ssi, can you wait here a minute while I go get something for us to eat?" Hyukjae nodded, but Sungmin noticed he looked a little nervous. "Kamsahamnida Hyukjae-ssi, I'll be right back and you'll be fine." Sungmin ran off inside the cafeteria and Hyukjae stood there looking around. A few minutes later Sungmin came running back with some food. He smiled at Hyukjae. "Wanna eat outside?" Hyukjae smiled back and nodded. "Yeah." They walked out into the school grounds and found a nice place under a tree that gave them some shade from the sun. Sungmin handed some of the food to Hyukjae. "Here you go." Hyukjae bowed. "Kamsahamnida." They sat and ate the food and talked a little before the bell went for their next lesson. Sungmin led the way so that Hyukjae didn't get lost. The lesson went quickly for Hyukjae who was looking forward to going to the music club again. Sungmin noticed Hyukjae's smile as the bell went at the end of the lesson. He walked over. "Hyukjae-ssi need me to take you to the music club again?" Hyukjae nodded. "If it's not too much bother for you Sungmin-hyung." Sungmin shook his head. "No bother at all." Hyukjae smiled and followed Sungmin as they walked to the music club. When they reached the classroom Sungmin stopped. "I'm going to go to my martial arts club now but you know which room yours is. I'll see you tomorrow Hyukjae-ssi." Hyukjae nodded. "Kamsahamnida, yes I know. I'll see you tomorrow Sungmin-hyung." Sungmin smiled and walked off towards the gym. Hyukjae knocked on the classroom door before walking in.

Youngwoon looked up when the door opened. He smiled as Hyukjae walked in. "Hello Hyukjae-ssi." Hyukjae smiled and bowed. "Hello Youngwoon-hyung." Youngwoon walked over. "I meant to say to you yesterday that I was impressed by what I read on the form you filled in. You don't seem to need help with anything. Also I was quite interested in the music you were writing yesterday. Do you write music often?" Hyukjae blushed. "Kamsahamnida Youngwoon-hyung. I don't write music that often, usually just when I feel quite emotional or when an idea for a song forms in my head." Youngwoon nodded. "Well I'll leave you to your music writing." Hyukjae smiled before he walked over to a corner of the room and sat down. He pulled his music paper and his pencil and continued composing his song. A while later Hyukjae looked up when he heard someone bump into one of the desks and fall on the floor. He recognised him as one of the members of the Chinese group. He ran over to help him. He held out his hand to help him up and was surprised when he took it. The boy bowed to him. "Xiexie ni." Hyukjae smiled and bowed back. "Bu keqi." The boy looked surprised. "Ni shuohua zhongwen?" Hyukjae nodded. "Shi." The boy smiled. "Ni jiao shenme mingzi?" Hyukjae bowed. "Wo jiao Hyukjae. Xinghui." The boy bowed back. "Wo jiao Ryeowook. Xinghui." The others in the room, including the Chinese group, were staring at Hyukjae in surprise. Youngwoon walked over. "You speak Chinese?" Hyukjae blushed and nodded. "Yes, I have since I was little." Ryeowook smiled at him and pointed to his friends and started walking to them. He looked over at Hyukjae. "Huitou jian Hyukjae-ge." Hyukjae nodded and walked back to the desk he was sitting at. Ryeowook was happily talking to the others who were asking questions.

Hyukjae packed up all his things when the bell went. As he was walking out the door Ryeowook bowed to him. "Wan'an Hyukjae-ge." Hyukjae smiled and bowed back. "Wan'an Ryeowook-ge." Ryeowook smiled and walked off waving. Hyukjae waved back as he too walked out the room. Hyukjae was surprised when the other members of the Chinese group bowed and waved at him as they passed. He smiled. 'Maybe this school won't be as bad as the others.' He walked home humming happily to himself. His mother smiled when he walked through the door. "Had a good day? You're smiling, it's so nice to see your smile again." Hyukjae nodded. "I helped a boy at school today and he was really nice to me and then his friends bowed and waved at me when they passed me." His mother hugged him. "I'm so proud of you. Always doing the right thing and how nice this boy and his friends must be." Hyukjae smiled and sat down. His mother brought his dinner over and sat down across from him. He sat and ate his dinner and washed his dishes after. He sat back down and talked to his mother about things. A while later Hyukjae went up the stairs and done his homework, looked over all his notes and then brushed his teeth and went to bed. Again his mother came in and kissed his forehead and went to her own bed. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Here is the second chapter, sorry for the lame chapter title. This is as far as I have gotten with this story so far as I have been busy with college and I had injured my back and it hurt to move. Should be able to write more and update this and New Life Springs Forth over the christmas holidays.

Xiexie ni - Thank you

Bu keqi - You're welcome

Ni shuohua zhongwen? - You speak Chinese?

Shi - Yes

Ni jiao shenme mingzi? - What's your name?

Wo jiao ... - My name is ...

Xinghui - I'm pleased to meet you

Huitou jian - See you later

Wan'an - Good night

Any ideas who the boy Hyukkie bumped into was? If anyone can guess right they can choose to have a chapter dedicated to them or they can request a oneshot with the pairing of their choice ^^

I found the picture of Wookie and Hyukkie and it was so cute I had to use it ^^

Again any comments are appreciated.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you for reading 

 

HangengHenryZhouMi x