Chapter Two: Ghosts of Past Mistakes and New Bosses

Ain't No Place for You Here (I try to leave you in the past but then you wrap your legs around me and ask me to stay)

Chapter Two

Ghosts of Past Mistakes and New Bosses

 

Namjoon feels like death. His whole body hurts; who knew getting stabbed would be so painful? Not that he asked to be stabbed, or had any say in the process at all. He did try to dodge the attack but being the klutz he is, only managed to trip over his own feet. Luckily, the knife only pierced off to the side and not where any vital organs are.  

If he hadn't almost died Hoseok would have been laughing it up, he's sure.  Yoongi will have a field day with Hoseoks rendition of the story as it is, that sardonic bastard. Namjoon can picture him now, head thrown back, mouth hanging open and a hand slapping his knee repeatedly.

He vows to keep Hoseok quiet somehow. He does have street cred to protect, after all.

There’s a knock on the door.

“Namjoon?” Someone calls. The voice is vaguely familiar, but Namjoon can't place it right away.

“Uh, come in?” It’s not Namjoon’s house; he feels strange allowing someone in when he is simply a guest.

A doctor, judging from his lab coat and scrubs, shuffles in and Namjoon is at once relieved and distraught. The man is gorgeous. Way too attractive to be a doctor. Since when to health care professionals have plump, full lips and broad shoulders? He was tall and thin, but definitely not fragile looking like Yoongi was. No, he looked strong; he could probably lift Namjoon with no problem.

When did doctors start looking like him?  

“How are you feeling?” The man’s smile is warm and genuine and Namjoon relishes in it.

“Great. Absolutely great. Like I was never stabbed.” He moves to sit up, but gasps when pain grips his side roughly.

“Woah, slow down. I don’t want to sew you back up so soon.” The other reaches out to steady him, gently assisting him as he rests back against the pillows.

“Right, Mr..?” He leaves off questioningly.

“Kim Seokjin, but you can call me Jin since we aren't really in a professional setting to begin with.”

Namjoon had forgotten that this was Hoseoks secret malpracticing physician. He wonders what made him stray to the illegal side of business. Was it just for Hoseok? Or did he have clientele? Could Namjoon join that list, or was it pricey?

“You look like you have a lot of questions.” Jin observes. He crosses his arms and look expectantly to Namjoon.

“Where is Hoseok?” he asks instead of what he is really wondering.

“Hobi left early this morning. He said he ‘had business to take care of’.” Jin uses air quotes as he recites Hoseoks words. “I told him you needed to stay for observation, but you were otherwise fine.”  

“He left me? What a .” Namjoon is only slightly hurt. He’s more worried that he hadn't been able to bribe his friend to keep his mouth shut before he was off.

“He knows I wouldn't let a patient die, if that makes you feel any better.” Jin offers. “But back to you. Are you feeling any major pain?”

“Not unless I move.” he says.

“Okay, good. Jungkook should be in shortly to change your dressing. If you need anything, just shout. I'm right down the hall.”

Namjoon just nods.

“Alright, I’ll check on you again before I leave for work.” Jin waves as he shuts the door.


 

 


 


 

Jungkook doesn't mind changing soiled dressings. It’s not his favorite thing to do, obviously, but he’s not particularly bothered by it either. After working in a doctor's office you get desensitised to the gore that is everywhere in the healthcare profession. Luckily Namjoon’s bandage isn’t the grossest thing he has ever seen. He makes quick work of it.

Jin had him call in sick to their office so he could stay and watch over Namjoon (Someone had to he said.). Jungkook didn't mind that too much either since he got off work. Namjoon wasn't that hard to take care of. All he really had to do was keep the IV going and periodically clean the wound. Simple.

Around lunch Hoseok called and asked him to pass on a message onto Namjoon. Apparently someone would be coming by to bring him home later tonight.

Jin is going to be pissed. No one s with Jin’s patients. He’s the nicest person Jungkook has ever met and lets things go easily, but he doesn't mess around when it comes to his charges. Doctors orders are law according to Jin, and this is definitely illegal in Jin's mind; he specifically said Namjoon was to stay under his care for a few days.

Jungkook called and texted Jin repeatedly throughout the day, but he never answered. Jungkook isn't surprised; Jin frequently shuts his cell phone off during office hours. He just hopes Jin is home before they come to pick Namjoon up.          

When Jungkook opens the door later that night, he is shocked to see his savior of all those years ago on the other side. He thought he would never see the boy again and by the look on the others face he thought the same.

Jungkook remembers his prominent nose and the small freckle on the tip, his almond eyes, and box smile.

How could he forget?  


 

 


 



 

    Taehyung made a mistake when he volunteered to assist Namjoon on the way home. He should have just kept his head down and focused on himself or spent more time with the new kid.

He had never been good staying out of trouble and know with past shenanigans had come back to bite him in the in the form of one Jeon Jungkook.

The kid looks pretty much the same; he still has big eyes and bunny teeth. Now, though, instead of being frail and sickly, his arms are corded with a nice amount of muscle. Jungkooks jaw is sharp and his cheekbones are defined.

In other words, Jungkook is hot.

He’s looking at Taehyung with wonder in his eyes and maybe a little bit of excitement and Taehyung hates to crush his spirit. but he has too. For Jungkooks sake, as well as his own.

Jay will be pissed when - if - he finds out.    

 

 

 


 


 

Jimin wishes he wasn't in this situation. Why did his father borrow what he couldn't repay? How could he let Jay take him without even trying to save him?

 

The pretty man covered in blood is glaring at him. The thick liquid is smeared across his jaw, painting his lower arms all the way up to his elbows, splattered on his white shirt, and under his dainty fingernails.

Yoongi is small and terribly thin, almost like he would blow away with the wind, a cute button nose with crescent eyes with long lashes that somehow are void of all emotions. How can someone be so icily beautiful while standing on top of a dead body?   

Jimin curls in on himself, trying to seem as nonthreatening as possible. Someone so comfortable walking around in another's blood is bound to be a combative, no matter how attractive, right? Maybe if he seems harmless, the other will just ignore him.

Or not.

Yoongi clears his throat to catch his attention.

“Grab a leg, kid.” he jerks his head towards the corpse at his feet.

Jimin stifles a gag and help Yoongi heave the body into the fire. He feel dirty afterward like he needs 20 showers to wash off the blood staining his hands but he doesn't say anything to his new boss.


Author's Note:

im so bad about editing my work OTL