Ch. 2 Practice and Secrets

She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"This is the biggest news of the decade! K-pop star and businesswoman Jessica Jung came back to life after three days of death!" 

Everyone fixed their eyes on the interesting news report. Some read the news articles and others watched the live stream. 

"All of SNSD, f(x), Kris Wu, and other famous stars along with friends and family of Jessica Jung had attended the funeral held this morning. Everyone waa giving their respects and condolences when as reported, Kim Taeyeon of SNSD went up and later, Jessica Jung sprang in an upright position! She was rushed to the hospital immediately, and it's been confirmed that Jessica Jung is indeed alive. However, this case has many miracles. How can a dead body become alive after 3 days? Why is it that she has no broken bones from the accident? Have they just healed magically? Stay tuned for more news of this divine case!" 

"Wow, SNSD still had the face to attend Jessica's funeral? I thought they kicked her out." 

"How the hell did this happen?"

"This seems like a drama plot. Now bring out Do Min Joon!" 

"Heol…. Daebak…… daebak."

Neitzens wrote and people talked about this issue. Some believed Jessica's death was a publicity stunt, but others believed it was too much and too serious for them to pull off a stunt like that. 

"This is all over the news!" Tiffany exclaims. 

"I can't believe she just came back to life just like that!" Hyoyeon joined. 

"Jessica unnie must have done some really good things." Seohyun said to herself. 

"That was so cool though!" Yoona bounced up and down with her dorky laughter. "She just sprang up like this!" The visual of the group forgot about her image like always and jumped on the couch. Her body was still. 

"What is that?" Sunny laughed. Yuri grabbed a marker from the white board on the fridge and was about to draw on Yoona's face. 

"Blah!" Yoona shot up and YoonYul's foreheads collided. 

"Ow!" They cried out in unision. 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon laid on the comfortable mattress. An arm stretched across her forehead and her eyes closed. She could hear her members' faint laughing and celebration of Jessica's life, but all she could do was think of Krystal's cold eyes. 

"No thanks." Krystal had replied coldly. 

Taeyeon and Krystal used to get along really well. That was until she and Jessica started acting indifferently towards each other. She was always ignoring the other main vocal of SNSD, Jessica Jung. Their friends never knew why they suddenly became distant. Only she and Jessica knew the real reason. 

The room became cold and Taeyeon could hear it start to rain, the sky cackling with thunder. She'd guessed the other kids decided to watch a movie since they were all supposed to be free the whole rest of the day for Jessica's funeral. 

Taeyeon felt her mind blanking out, and she knew she was about to fall asleep. Soon enough, she drifted off to dreamland. 

 

~

 

Jessica stood in front of the dark wooden door with a box in her hands. She inserted the pin on the keypad and the door clicked open. It was very much convenient for anyone in Korea to have this. It would save the extra time trying to figure out which key is which, especially when someone is chasing you. And when they try breaking the electric lock pad, the door would just go into heavy security mode and become harder to open from the outside. Well it would only go into heavy security in apartments or condos. 

"Are you going to come in?" Jessica heard a voice ask. She stiffled a laugh and pushed the door open.

"Jessica Jung is standing in front of my door!" Artemis joked. Jessica shook her head and made her way in.  

"Let me get that." Artemis grabbed the box. 

"You know, it was fine. The box actually didn't feel heavy at all." 

"Ah, you're gaining strength too. Next thing you know, you'll be half as strong as Hercules. Maybe even more than half." 

Jessica followed Artemis down the corridor to her room. The walls were painted white and the floor had puffy mists floating around. 

"Are these clouds?" 

"Ah, right. This isn't a typical apartment room, you know?" 

Artemis set the box down on the nightstand,  studying the beauty in front of her. Although her body was dead a few hours ago (Jessica had escaped the hospital), her skin was glowing and her eyes were bright. 

"I can see why my father watched you." 

"That was random, not very expected from the Artemis I heard as a human in Grek mythology." 

The moon goddess raised her eyebrow, "That's because it's not night yet." 

Jessica's eyebrows furrowed. Her mind hasn't fully processed all the information she suddenly acquired when she suddenly became conscious on the floor below Zeus. 

"Something isn't right." Artemis mumbled to herself. 

"Nothing is, ever since the moment I became conscious in Olympus." 

Artemis looked into those deep brown eyes that seemed confused. Jessica wasn't supposed to be confused. 

'Did something go wrong?' 

"Apollo and I are twins, you know that right?" 

"Right." 

"Well Apollo is one with the sun. He's radiant in the daytime. It's the time he's most powerful. So when the moon covers the sun or when the sun is not seen, he becomes weaker as he rides away with his sun chariot. Let's say humans feed off his sun's energy and he feeds off ours." 

"I get it." 

"But you see, when we are at our powerful peak, our forms are different. Apollo has a bright red-orange aura around him when he's most powerful. Yellow is when his power is at a stable, medium level. When he's weaker, he faints to a pink-orange color."

'Apollo sounds hot.' 

'Of course he's hot. He's the sun god. But if you're talking physically, he's a sore to the eyes. Your eyes will burn and die if you look at him too long.'

"Okay you really need to not get in my head." 

"You have the power to control who enters your mind. I'll teach you later. For now, we must get to train

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter