Cheer Up

Cheer up, Sung Mi!

The next day, Sung Mi left the hospital and returned home, without telling her father. As she walked up to the school's entrance, Ha Joon rushed over to greet her. However, as he saw her sullen expression, he frowned in concern.

"What happened?"

She shook her head and walked away from him.

"Sung Mi-ah," he whined, pulled at her arm.

"Stop. I just need time to process things."

She walked away from him and headed for her class.

Upon her entrance, Teacher Yang stopped his lesson for the class to welcome her back. She smiled politely and took her seat. Yeol passed her a note from the other side of class. It was obvious that it was from Ha Joon.

"Meet me after class. We need to talk."

She pocketed the note and took out her notebooks.

 

As the bells rang signaling the end of the class, the students dispersed, hurrying to their next class. This left Ha Joon and Sung Mi alone.

"My father told me that you're moving." Ha Joon took up the seat in front of her and turned around to face her.

She confirmed this news and folded her hands on the desktop.

"You know you can come stay with my, right? I know you loved that house."

She smirked at him. "Like your father will approve of that."

"He won't, but he should get used to it for when we get married."

"Married?" She smiled widely at him.

"See, I always know what to say to get you to smile."

The smile ended and she stood up. She made her way to sit on top of Ha Joon's lap. He placed his arm behind her back to steady her.

She took his face in her hands and tilted his face towards hers. Bending slightly, she placed her lips on his and felt the heat of his cheeks increase. When they parted, Ha Joon smiled warmly at her.

"I wish I could fix everything for you," he whispered.

"You're next to me and that's good enough."

They rose from their seats and headed to their next class, holding hands. Although it was against the school rules to show physical contact, no one noticed as it was understood that they were a couple. Even Teacher Yang gave up on scolding them, knowing it wouldn’t make a difference anyway.