Yeol Saves the Day

Cheer up, Sung Mi!

A month passed and Sung Mi still couldn’t fathom a way to get her father to keep the house. She had informed Yeon Doo and Yeol about the situation, but neither of them could give her a useful solution. She avoided telling Teacher Yang about the issue, fearing that he would confront her father. 
The day passed by and Sung Mi got a notification on her phone: a text message from her father. 
"I put the house on the market. We are moving out this weekend. Your stuff will be moved into the new house."
Just like that, Sung Mi's world began to crumble even more. She showed the message to Ha Joon, who gave her a back hug, showing his concern.
"It's okay. We can figure out something else later. Maybe we can negotiate with whoever wants to buy it." Ha Joon's word gave her some comfort, but she knew the small possibility of that happening.

The following week, Sung Mi met with the realtor to see if anyone was interested in buying in the house. 
"There was one person, but nothing has been finalized yet," the Realtor said, from behind his desk. 
Sung Mi nodded and thanked him. 
When she left the office, Ha Joon and Yeol approached her, giggling to themselves. 
"Sung Mi-ah! We have a surprise for you!" Yeol exclaimed, all too excited. 
"What?"
"Come on."
Yeol lead them back into the Realtor's office. He presented the man with an envelope full of documents and then a smaller one, with a cheque. The man laid everything out in front of him and smiled as he made sure everything was completed. 
"Jung Sung Mi, looks like your house is being bought," the Realtor told her while verifying the cheque.
Yeol turned around to face her, a large grin spreading across his face.
"Are you serious?" Sung Mi asked everyone in the room.
When Yeol nodded, she hugged him forcefully. When she did, her psychometry powers kicked in and she saw visions from when his father wrote the cheque for him. 
She released Yeol and asked, "But how will I pay you back?"
"That's fine. My father wanted to move anyway and your house was perfect for him."
"Sung Mi-ah, now you can still visit your house, given that Yeol is okay with that," Ha Joon stated. 
"Of course I wouldn’t mind; that's the whole reason why I showed the house to my dad." Yeol looked at the couple, beaming. 
Once the realtor filed away the documents, he gave Yeol the house keys and sent them on their way. The whole way back to the school, Sung Mi clung to Ha Joon's side, looping her arm in his. When they stopped at red lights, he would turn to her smiling face and give her a peck on her lips. 
Yeol turned away every time, clearly envious that he didn’t ask Yeon Doo to join him on this visit. 
Once they returned to school, it was almost time to head to the dorms. Feeling anxious and relieved, Sung Mi waited for the teachers to check and then headed off to the boys' dorms. 
Knocking quietly, Dong Jae opened the door and let her enter.
Immediately, she shuffled over to Ha Joon's bed, who was scrolling through his phone. When he saw her enter, he put down his phone and moved to the side of his bed, making room for her. 
"How may I help you tonight?" Ha Joon teased. 
She shrugged and lay in the bed, facing him. She his face with her thumb and stared into his eyes. 
"I love you, Jung Sung Mi," he whispered. 
She was taken aback. This was something she didn’t think she'd hear from him for a while to come, but now that he did, she could only look at him, shocked.
"It's okay. I know you do, but you don’t have to say it now." 
He pulled her closer to him and hugged her waist.
"Can the two of you just go to sleep, please?" Yeol yelled from across the room.
"Just ask Yeon Doo to come here and you won't have to focus on us anymore," Sung Mi responded, teasingly. 
"I did ask her, but she didn’t want to interrupt you and Ha Joon."
"Well, since I'm gone, you can go stay in my room."
"Yeah, like that'll work. Good night!"
His light turned off and Ha Joon leaned over Sung Mi to turn off his own light. She felt at him in the darkness. Her hands roved along her sturdy arm and across his shoulder, to his collarbone, and finally rested on his neck. She loved his neck the most because she could control the tilt of his head the way she wanted when they kissed.