001;-

Tick Tock

“LUHAN! RUN!”

 

The small blonde boy ran towards his screaming brother as the three figures in front of him waved frantically, calling their names. They were on the brink of escaping, but the government pawns were close on their tail.

 

Luhan glanced over his shoulder as the men clad in black, advanced towards them in great speed. All five brothers ran together, desperately scrambling up the hills of the forest as branches nipped at their bare arms.

 

The sounds of crackling leaves and branches echoed through the forest as they pushed through the thick bushes in a panicked state. The oldest brother halted his running, letting his brothers run past him; he looked behind him and the government men were gone. Luhan worriedly called out to his hyung.

 

“Aren’t you coming hyung?”

 

The oldest breathed heavily, “They’re gone…”

 

“What?” Luhan carefully walked over to his brother.

 

The other brothers noticed that the two oldest were missing. Chen panted heavily, his lungs burning from the chase. They looked at each other in confusion and walked back to the pair, seeing Luhan and Xiumin talking amongst themselves.

 

“What’s wrong? We have to run!” Kyungsoo cried. Kai clutched onto his partners hand tightly, in fear of any danger that could be hiding.

 

The oldest shook his head in silence.

 

Luhan looked up at Kyungsoo, “They’re gone”

 

Kyungsoo looked over the bushes, squinting to see the men clad in back. Kai nervously chewed at his lips, still feeling the anxiety rushing through his body. Chen sighed in relief as he engulfed Xiumin into a tight hug, not wanting to let go of his brother.

 

Xiumin wrapped his arms around the younger, as he too, felt a sense of relief at the news. The brothers walked slowly, gaining their strength to find a different place to camp for the night. They all walked, hand in hand, careful not to lose anyone. They couldn’t bare to go back to their hut, knowing that the government surely destroyed their home.

 

Luhan felt a large weight lift off his shoulders. The fact that the men had suddenly ambushed them at their small hut in the woods, made him feel fatigued.

At the back of his mind, he knew that they had to relocate again but he was too exhausted to think about it.

 

As the group of boys found a small clearing ahead, they settled down on the soft earth. Not even bothering to start a fire, they fall asleep immediately as they let their body rest, after the intense chase.