Chapter 3 - Leaving Not a Single Trace, Except Your Loving Words

The Barrier Between the Both of Us -- {Chapter 3 Has Been Added!}

             The time was nine o'clock exactly. The bright sun shone slightly in the cloudy, dark blue sky, rays piercing through the glass window in Kwangmin's room. The bright yellow curtains flew as a breeze swooped into the open window. Yesterday was a particularly stuffy day, so Youngmin and Kwangmin's mother decided to open all the windows in the house. Although, that didn't help when a certain someone's room had four windows. And it was snowing.

             Dust particles and snowflakes floated while a ray of sunlight shone directly into Kwangmin's face. The younger twin whined at the bright light shining in his face, so he threw the blanket over his head before covering his face and rolling over onto his side. Wait. A blanket? And wait, what was that? It was soft... felt like a Pikachu toy.  Kwangmin's eyes shot open, revealing the large, brown doe-like eyes that his two brothers also had. The younger twin rubbed his eyes, erasing whatever sleep stuck to his eyes. His back ached quite a bit, but not as much if he wasn't sleeping on his own comfy mattress. He threw the blanket off to his left and took a look at his surroundings. Oh. It was his room.  And that was his Pikachu! For a second, he thought he was in Youngmin's room. Since, well, he was sleeping against Youngmin's door if he could recall correctly. Yet, what racked his mind and bothered him was that: did Youngmin bring him in here? They never really had fights that lasted for a long time... Although, Kwangmin would say this one lasted the longest. Usually, they would crack a lame joke at one another and there they were; laughing together and utmost forget about the fight completely.

             To Kwangmin, he thought that this was Youngmin's way of apologizing. That brought light and happiness back to this twin's mood! Kwangmin slipped out of his bed, humming as he looked into his mirror nearby to fix his hair. It was a total mess and it looked pretty odd since it was mostly flat on the back. Well, that's what he gets from sleeping against his brother's door. It took a while, but Kwangmin himself noticed that he had some eyebags that looked pretty bad. He placed his hand onto the mirror. 'Does Youngmin look like this too?' thought Kwangmin as he let his hand slip off the mirror. They were both mirror images with just a little amount of differences in their looks. Youngmin looked more feminine and had a softer jawline. He also had slightly bigger eyes than the younger twin and was always a little taller than Kwangmin too.  Kwangmin had a much sharper jawline and Jeongmin, Donghyun and Minwoo always told him he looked more handsome than his six-minute-older brother himself. Boosted the younger twin's morale most of the time, he had to be honest. Yet, the most major difference was their personalities. Youngmin was very sophisticated and acted more like a twenty-year old man, even if he had made a few wrong choics. Kwangmin never really knew how to explain himself most of the time, yet Jeongmin always told him that he was like a child in a man's body. Made sense how Kwangmin earned the nicknames '4D' and 'alien', doesn't  it?

             Kwangmin continued to hum what sounded awfully like the Pokémon theme song as he strolled on over to the door of his room. The wooden floor beneath his feet caused his toes to turn a rosy red kind of color, so before the younger twin left, he made a last minute choice to run back to his bed to shove on his yellow slippers. After getting through the mess of his room again, he noticed his mother walking upstairs. She carried a teal laundry basket filled with clean clothes in one of her arms as she held onto the wooden railing. She seemed tired, which brought Kwangmin to the conclusion of that she utmost had a late and hard day yesterday.

             The twenty-year-old male slid on over to his mother, a bright, childish and toothy grin appearing across his face as she finally noticed one of her sons was awake. "Joeun ahchim, umma!" exclaimed the younger twin as his mother gave him a tired smile. Kwangmin took ahold of her arm until they got to the top of the wooden stairs.

             "Ah... you're awake, Kwangmin. Joeun ahchim to you as well..." Mrs. Jo said tiredly, putting the large basket full of clothes onto the floor. Looking up at her much taller son, she gazed up at him as if something wasn't right.  Albeit, she didn't really know what. It was odd, to be honest. She blinked a few times, her countenance showing puzzlement, but then she came to a sudden realization about what it was.  Oh. That's what wasn't right. "Where's Youngmin...? This is the first time for a while for you two to wake up at different times..." she spoke, trailing off for a second. "Mind would you wake up Youngmin after I put Hyunmin's clothes away? I'll be making breakfast for you both as soon as you're able to wake up your sleeping log of a brother," she said with a laugh.

             "Nae," Kwangmin said in a cute tone before his mother had kissed him on the side of his head.  The younger twin watched his mother head off to his little brother's room before he went his separate way Youngmin's room, which was pretty much straightforward to his. Although, Kwangmin was a little reluctant and confused. If Youngmin was the one who brought him to his room... wouldn't have his mother met him while he was awake? It was odd enough to even think about... Maybe she wasn't awake yet when Youngmin dragged him back. Or, or, could it have been his mother or father? His mother would've gave him a long talk though. And his father was out for a business trip too... Did Youngmin go back to sleep? Yeah... yeah, that made sense. As to when he got there, Kwangmin brought his hand up and knocked hesitantly, unsure if his brother was awake or not.

             "Youngmin-ah? Are you awake?" he inquired. No response. No typical grumble from Youngmin either. The older twin was probably being stubborn to Kwangmin. Kwangmin frowned and knocked on Youngmin's pristine white door again,  "Yah, Jo Youngmin! Don't ignore me!" Nope. No response to that either. Was he still angry at Kwangmin? From the thought of that, a crestfallen look washed over the younger twin's face. But, he was determined to wake up Youngmin for who knows what! It was his mission. "I'm going inside, so don't blame me if I scare you!" exclaimed Kwangmin before he threw open the door. Huh? There... there was no Youngmin. Or either most of his things that he usually kept inside. It was just empty... empty as it can be. The shelves that held all of Youngmin's music CDs and his favorite novels... they were gone. Lots of the framed picture were pushed to the side. Youngmin's bed was... was surprisingly neat too. What could be wrong? Did Youngmin have a rat infestation in his room? That wouldn't make any sense then... he would've told their mother. Kwangmin took a reluctant step inside. Who knows? Youngmin could be hiding his closet to scare the wits out of his brother. That thought made the brunet frown. He stomped on over to Youngmin's closet and threw it open with closed eyes, "I know you're in there!" he exclaimed. He didn't hear anything. Kwangmin peered with an eye open, in which he failed since he couldn't wink, but there was nothing. Youngmin's clothes and things were all gone. He looked around the place. There wasn't much left of his brother. All that was left (and was very noticable) was a bunch of colorful envelopes on Youngmin's study desk.

             Could it be the well known fact that... it was his fault? Kwangmin put a hand over his mouth. It... it could be. But, but why? Why did Youngmin do this? It could be a prank. Or it could be for real. The younger twin brought a foot forward and then another foot after that. He had approached the pile of  envelopes, each having a different color and name printed messily in ink on the front. The one on top was a blue-ish color, addressed to who Youngmin put as "To Umma and Appa". Their parents. The second one was in a green color, which the older twin wrote to "To Hyunmin-ah". Their younger brother. The third envelope had a pink color to it. That one was to Jeongmin, Minwoo and Donghyun obviously since it said, "The Other Three Pabo-Hyungs and Dongsaeng ". Now the last one was a orange color...  The last one was addressed to Kwangmin himself. In front said, "To Kwangminnie". It seemed neater than the rest, which meant Youngmin probably put more work on it... or something.

             With shaky hands, Kwangmin brought himself to open the envelope. He pulled out the papers that were inside. There were two folded-up sheets and they were full of words. It read;

Dear Kwangmin-ah,

             You might think it's your fault, but it isn't. It's completely my own. I didn't mean to lash out at you. It... it just came out. I'm not going to tell you in detail of why, since you might not understand. It really is a long story and I had a tough day. I didn't mean the words I said yesterday. I'm sorry for being that way before... You might be angry at me for not telling you, but I don't want to hurt you anymore that I've already had to. You are my twin brother that is only younger than me, but I see you as much more. We were born together on the same day, April 24th, 1995. Born only six minutes apart, but I wasn't breathing. You were born premature. You, my twin, my brother, my other half... is why you're so precious to me. I breathed and cried. You were stuck in an incubator for quite some time. Despite saying that we're both identical twins with very few differences, I always say you're more handsome. Because you mean the world to me, Jo Kwangmin. I don't want you to weigh the burden on yourself on thinking that I left because of you... I left because I wanted to. We've been side-by-side for the whole package of twenty years in both of our lives. In pictures, in commericals, in videos. We've been joined at the hip at this point. We've even worn the same clothes. It hurts for me to say this... but we have to be separated. For our own good sake. Independency is what we need. Later on in the future, we'll get nowhere and be ruining so many things. I hope you'll understand, my brother. I'm sorry for not notifying you earlier, but I have to say... Goodbye. And sarangehaeyo. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you before. I just... couldn't tell you. I just love you more than a brother...

From your twin brother,                                       

Youngmin                                     

P.S. Don't cry, okay?? I cried a lot while writing, so please be happy!!!

P.S.S. Okay, you might be crying now, but I'll come back soon!

P.S.S.S. I promise.

P.S.S.S.S. Okay, okay! I really will!

             Too late Jo Youngmin, just toooo laaate. It was obvious that Kwangmin would start breaking down and crying. He blamed all of this on himself. He just did. Even if he didn't know. Youngmin just had to leave them all. By himself. Now, with the tears pouring down his cheeks and the uncontrollable sobs happening, the younger twin didn't notice the erased bit. He just... he just had so much coming at him.

             The younger twin threw himself into Youngmin's bed. It smelled just like Youngmin. Which wasn't a surprise, no doubt about that. Tears were soaked up by the blanket and he buried his face into the mattress. He couldn't handle this alone. He just couldn't. Kwangmin needed someone to hear him out and comfort him. He yelled out in the sheets, his scream muffled. Who... who could help him?

             Donghyun. Who came to his head first was Donghyun. Donghyun was always there for him. Being the oldest out of their little group, Donghyun always seemed to have the right things to say. Rolling off Youngmin's (or what was Youngmin's bed), Kwangmin stumbled to his feet. Shakily, he walked on back to his room, using most of the things he passed along the way as support like the doorframe and the wooden railing of the stairs. He needed his phone to call Donghyun.

             Kwangmin didn't even care anymore. He shuffled through all the things he had on the floor. Nearly tripped a few times before he started hiccuping. The younger twin sat on the cold wooden floor, his back pressed against the side of his bed. Blindly looking for his phone, he knocked over some of the things on his drawer. Like his alarm clock. And his pair of glasses that he never wore. And one of his numerous Pikachu plushies. As he finally got to his large phone, he clumsily dialed Donghyun's number, which took him a while due to the blurriness the tears had created. It that he didn't know how to use speed-dial. Eh, new phone.

             His phone buzzed and buzzed, waiting for Donghyun to pick up his phone. Oh. Donghyun could be working. Or something... with Minwoo. Okay, no naughty thoughts. But really, he didn't want to bother Donghyun with his inconsistent blabbering. Especially when he was crying. He'd probably become another Jeongmin for who knows what... The younger twin thought of hang up, even though it was only like a few minutes. Right when he was going to hang up, Donghyun's voice finally picked up.

             "Kwangmin-ah?" said Donghyun. "Are... are you okay?"

             "Donghyun-hyung!" cried out Kwangmin. "Donghyun-hyung... I don't know what I did... But I did something and I really think that Youngmin hates me!" spoke the younger twin. He was still crying so he ended up saying a bunch of gibberish all so quickly.

             "Hey, hey, yah, Jo Kwangmin. Get yourself together and then you can talk to me. I can't understand what you're saying. Just take in deep breaths slowly, okay?" Donghyun responded in a rather soothing tone.

             The younger twin followed what Donghyun said, but something... something got to him. This mess was just... just so random and unexpected. And he hated it. He hated creating this mess. He hated Youngmin leaving him! He didn't know why, but a knot of anger just seemed to have been untied in some way.

             And then... the barrier started to grow even more.

 

 


Author's Note:

* Joeun ahchim means good morning in Korean. o v o

Hint: If you highlight the last part of Youngmin's letter you'll get a surprise! (Not the P.S. part or where he puts his name! Right after the goodbye! xP)

Sorry if it's short. I realized I haven't updated in a while. > v <''

It also might be quite y. XDD