Airport Protection

Baekyeol Drabbles

It had been a long flight and all the members were tired, we had busy schedules and we just wanted to sleep. But alas, we had more to get through that day. I watched as Baekhyun dragged himself out of his seat and reach for his bag, on his tippy toes because the bag had slid towards the back and Baekhyun was having a hard time reaching it. I thought for a moment about helping him, I knew that he hated it when I done stuff like that because he liked being independent and he hated how I was so much taller than him when I done stuff like that. He might end up in a really bad mood with me for the rest of the day. But people were starting to stare as he struggled so I quickly leaned over him and pulled his bag out. Baekhyun looked up at me and smiled sleepily,I had made the right choice. Sometimes it was so difficult to tell with Baekhyun, his mood changes all the time and I hate it when he's sad or angry. Especially when it's because of me. But the smile he gave me made my heart swell. Not that I'd ever let him know that. Baekhyun was my best friend, he had been ever since we met each other back before we even debuted. But my feeling for him went much deeper than that, not that anyone else knew about it. I'd kept it to myself, not wanting to ruin the friendship I had with the shorter male. 

The airport was crowded and Baekhyun looked tired. He had his glasses on, the round ones that made him look adorable, but his expression made me worried. As we began walking through the massive crowd of people I stuck close to his side, as if my being there might help him. But when the paparazzi started getting in his face I knew he was upset, he didn't want loads of cameras in his face. He was tired and he needed some space, he needed to breath. So I done the only thing I could do. I quickly got in front of Baekhyun, blocking him from the camera's view and I posed for the camera as we walked past. I kept up the happy virus act, peace signs and all, until we reached the safety of the van. Once inside I collapsed onto my seat next to Baekhyun, closing my eyes and enjoying the peace and quiet.
"Thank you." I heard Baekhyun mumbled from next to me. I opened my eyes again and smiled at him, he smile back and it took my breath away. He sighed, closing his eyes before letting his head fall onto my shoulder. I smiled down at his sleepy form and brushed his hair out of his face.
"Go to sleep Baek, I'll wake you up when we get to the dorms." I told him and he hummed, snuggling closer to me.