You Have No Excuses Not to Love

Excuses

“Oh god,” Onew yawns as his arm stretch far into the air, his mouth agape. The diva of the group throws a look at Onew and his eyebrows furrow in disapproval, but the latter returns it with an innocent grin.
 
SHINee has just finished another schedule to perform on stage that afternoon. Their manager drives the van at a slow speed toward the back entrance, where the boys are waiting impatiently for him. As soon as the doors slide open, the five exhausted beings immediately claim their spot in the car, making themselves comfortable enough to drift into slumber because they still have two interviews and one photo shoot session to attend, so a few minutes of sleep is really valuable for them.
 
Taemin in the front seat is still fiddling with his phone, answering a message from TRAX’s Jungmo, while a certain dino and the charisma rapper are snoring on the backseat by now. Key nudges Taemin’s shoulder from the middle seat, telling him to rest. The maknae nods, quickly pressing ‘send’ on his phone before he finally joins his two hyungs to the dreamland.
 
Key’s eyelids are about to fall close afterwards, but a movement next to him has caused him to flutter his eyes open again.
 
“Sooo tired today,” Onew murmurs. He throws his arms to his sides, purposely landing one of them on Key’s shoulder. For some reason, Key has lost his craving for sleep, because his heart suddenly beats at an unsteady rate, and you definitely don’t need a pacing heart to have a peaceful nap.
 
He can feel the strong arm on his shoulders shift away, and he should be happy about it but his lips apparently aren't, as they slowly form a small pout against his will. It doesn’t last long though, because the next thing Key feels is a weight on his shoulder and a brown lump of hair nuzzling his neck. Onew hums in content, snuggling closer to his side, and there, the diva’s heart jumps again at his act.
 
However, Key never distances himself or nags at Onew for intruding his personal space. He reckons it’s because he misses cuddling with him and he sort of likes the ticklish feeling that the soft bouncy hair of Onew’s creates against his cheek is too tired as well to protest and he’ll rather not disturb and wake everyone in the car with his loud speech.
 

*          *          *

 
Key is in the kitchen, dealing with some irremovable stains on the glass plates in the sink, mourning over his failed attempt to wash them off for the past fifteen minutes. His bandmates’ laughter is erupting from the living room, Jonghyun’s dorky laugh and Minho’s mad guffaw irritate his ears. It appears that they are having a good time lazing around on the cozy couch while he, the only responsible person in the house spends his evening cleaning the mess from their dinner.
 
He is just going to move on to another plate when a pair of arms hooks around his slender waist. His head instinctively turns to check who it is, thinking it may be Jonghyun since that short bestie just loves to bother him when he’s doing house chores. But suddenly his fingers feel slippery when he finds out that it is Onew all along. He is terribly close, too close for his liking, that he can clearly see the man’s brown gleaming orbs, his sharp jaw contour, and his plump pouting lips.
 
Key moves his attention back to the dishes, clearing his throat as it suddenly feels unbearably itchy. “You’re not watching movie with the others?”
 
Onew’s face gets darker with his question. “Jonghyun and Taemin teased me. They said I’m too slow to follow the storyline,” he complains.
 
Key chuckles, but his breath is quickly hitched when Onew’s chin finds its way to land onto his shoulder. His warm breath flows past Key’s collarbones, creating a light shiver on the back of his neck. Key huffs, knowing it’ll take longer for him to do the dishes because somehow it always becomes so challenging whenever the leader is around.
 
Still, Key never squirms away or releases himself from Onew’s arms. Because he simply loves the way Onew leans his weight on him and he is somewhat addicted to the scent of his body cologne is afraid he will accidentally drop the plate if he doesn’t focus on holding it firmly instead.
 

*          *          *

 
“Hyung, you got the moves wrong,” Taemin says to Onew after he walks to the sound system and turns down the volume.
 
“Oh, did I?” Onew who is currently drenched in sweat, looks up to him. He is still sitting on the floor, regaining his energy back with a bottle of mineral water when the maknae criticizes his weird dance moves on some parts of the song.
 
The rest of the boys are sprawling over the floor, watching their two friends practicing one move of the dance over and over again, until the leader gets a nod from the main dancer. Jonghyun is totally worn out, so he refuses to wait for the others and decides to head home first and Minho quickly says that he’ll go with him.
 
“Guys, we’re going first!” Jonghyun shouts to Onew and Taemin, he’s already standing near the studio entrance with his backpack slinging on his shoulder. Onew only waves his hand as an acknowledgement and continues concentrating to Taemin’s little demonstration.
 
“Kibum, you’re not coming back to the dorm with us?” Minho asks when he sees the latter still sitting on the floor while he himself has packed his belongings and is ready to go.
 
“Um... I’ll rest a bit longer here.” Key answers with a small smile. Minho merely shrugs, he runs to the door catching up with Jonghyun who’s already leaving the dance studio.
 
Key glances at the two dancing figures in the middle of the room, wondering how they can still be so energetic with their full schedules that day. He darted his eyes to the wall-sized mirror, coincidentally catching Onew’s gentle smile when their gazes meet.
 
The truth is, the diva is dead-tired. His muscles feel so sore and his limbs are begging for a proper rest on his soft cushy bed. It is almost past midnight and they need to wake up early to leave to the airport for another performance in Japan, thus he really requires enough sleep.
 
But he doesn’t want to leave the stuffy room where the air is filled with smell of sweat and the floor is not comfy enough to lie on. He is willing to stay for a few more minutes until they can go home together. Because he loves to watch the way Onew moves his body to the music no matter how awkward it looks like if you compare it to Taemin’s dance is worried that the two unreliable members won’t leave the studio in a condition like how it should be if he’s not around.
 

*          *          *

 
“Ha...,” Onew grips the bedsheet. Droplets of sweats slowly glide down, making wet trails across his burning skin.  “Haa...,” Key knits his eyebrows together, he can almost feel the heat that is running through the other’s body. His face scrunches up as he waits for the older to explode.
 
“Haa...achoo!!”
 
Key sighs. He pulls another layer of tissue and gently wipes Onew’s red runny nose with it. Onew lies helplessly on his bed with a thick blanket tightly wrapping him while the younger cleans off his sweat-slicked forehead with a wet towel.
 
“Bummie...,” He whines as he clutches weakly to the hem of Key’s shirt. “Sumthin ish blochking mwy nowsee...”
 
The rapper rolls his eyes, softly removing Onew’s hold on him. “Wait here for a minute, hyung. I’ll go get more water,” he tells the older after patting his head several times.
 
“Nooooo, jush stay heerre...!” Onew forcefully pulls him back to his side, making the boy’s body bump onto the vacant space next to him. Key gives up eventually, letting the sick person in the house use his lap as a pillow, as his own palm occasionally brushes Onew’s damp hair off of his pale face.
 
Key knows that Onew can be so clingy and childish when he’s not in his healthy state despite his already spoiled attitude every day. And to be quite honest, it takes a lot for Key to not cringe every three minutes, because then Onew will frequently snort and that is absolutely not the most beautiful sound in the world. Not to mention the germ from the leader’s flu which is probably already stuck on Key’s skin by now, threatening to break into his immune system.
 
In spite of these, Key never gets off the bed to leave Onew in the room alone or calls a doctor to do all the works. He hopes Onew will get better soon with his help and he secretly likes to pamper him as much as he can believes that he is the umma of the group, so if he doesn’t take care of the members’ condition, who else will?
 

*          *          *

 
The dorm is unusually quiet that day, because Jonghyun happens to be taking Roo for her regular check up and Taemin is dragged to go along with him. As for Minho, he is probably hyung- at Super Junior’s dorm again, and Key remembers their manager has mentioned something about going out for a drink with TVXQ’s Changmin and Yunho.
 
“Key,” Onew calls to him when the two of them are having lunch together.
 
Before he starts to be occupied with his own thoughts again, Key looks up from his bowl of rice to respond to the leader’s call who is sitting in front of him. But before he even gets a chance to see his face, Onew is already leaning toward him, his torso hovering over the table, hand reaching out to lift up his chin. Key’s eyes widen as he feels the tip of his bandmate’s tongue swiping his skin right below his lower lip.
 
Onew pulls back, the corner of his lips curves into a smile. “There’s rice on your chin,” Onew explains.
 
Key stares at him for a few seconds before he realizes that his mouth has actually stopped chewing on his kimchi for a while. He only nods at the statement and continues eating, although it becomes a hard thing to do since he feels slightly uncomfortable with his face that grows hotter out of nowhere.
 
But Key never gets angry for that or scolds Onew about how unhygienic the thing he does to him the moment ago was. He prays he will get more rice stuck on his face so Onew can them off again  assumes that he isn’t one to speak with mouth full at the table after all.
 

*          *          *

 
“Achoo!!”
 
Key is reclining on his bed with an empty tissue box in his right arm and a small trash bin in his left arm. His nose red and shiny, his eyes are a bit teary, and a horrible bed hair is currently happening on his supposed to be perfectly styled blonde hair. Everybody in the house agrees that he totally doesn’t look almighty at all.
 
“How can you get sick when it’s summer?” Onew gives Key a weird stare from the edge of his bed as he replaces the empty tissue box with a new one.
 
“Shut up, you big moron. I caught your stupid cold while I was taking care of your sick several days ago, you ungrateful idiot,” Onew winces at Key’s harsh reply. He sure can be ten times meaner if he’s not in a good condition.
 
“I’m sorry, Bummie,” Onew mumbles, shifting closer to his side and removing strands of hair from Key’s face.
 
“Sorry won’t take this stupid flu away...!” Key cries out, he takes his plushies on top of his bed and throws them one by one toward the older.
 
Onew shields himself with his arm. And when the younger doesn’t have any plush doll to shoot at him, he takes both of Key’s wrists in his grip. “I’ll take it back again then.”
 
“You what?” The exasperated diva has no clue what the leader is going to do to handle the situation.
 
“I’ll take it back again,” Onew whispers to Key, his face inching dangerously closer to the latter’s.
 
Key’s eyes widen as he feels the elder’s soft lips brushing against his. Onew rises from his seat and climbs onto the bed, towering the other, straddling him with his knees. He bites Key’s lower lips lightly, causing the younger to gasp then sliding his tongue in to in more of the heat inside. Key can hardly breathe with his stuffy nose and now Onew is making it even harder.
 
Then again, Key never pushes Onew away or runs from his embrace.
 
He doesn’t know why, though.
 
And now that he’s running out of excuses, he decides to stop thinking and just simply respond to the kiss.
 
Because he feels like doing it. Because he feels like.. liking Onew.
 
Because he finally realizes he doesn’t need any excuses for all of that.

 


 

A/N: oh my ;___; it's my first time writing fluff.
was it fluffy enough? :x I'm sorry if it's fail though ^^;;
btw, I love constructive criticisms! :D
thank you for viewing and reading,
. :)