The Flashbacks

Happy Family

 

Jongin and Seulgi had never imagined for once that they would become parents in their 20's. Jongin and Seulgi were only 18 when they decided to get married. A year later, Seulgi gave birth to their first child, a son named Kim Jongil.

 

 

"Jongin-ssi," called Seulgi to Jongin.

"What?" said Jongin uninterestedly. His eyes still glued to his smartphone, playing games.

"I'm pregnant," Seulgi whispered.

Jongin dropped his phone and looked at Seulgi in shock.

 

 

"Kim Jongin, are you f* crazy?? What did you do to my daughter?!" Mr. Kang asked the boy in front of him with his loud voice. He obviously was in great anger rising. He really tried his best not to slap the boy's face or even punch him. Since Kim Jongin had always been her only daughter's friend.

"I beg you my apology and I swear to God I won't even runaway from this. I'll be a good husband for your only daughter. I trully love her," Jongin said everything he had in his mind.

He said it like he had no doubt at all. He had to do what he had to as a gentleman. Taking the responsibility of the thing he had done together with Seulgi that night.

"I can't believe this..." Mrs. Kang looked at her daughter and Jongin repeatedly. "I still can't believe that this thing really happened to both of you..."

Seulgi cried and hugged her mother as she saw her tears fell down. "Umma, mianhamnida..." she said between her choked voice.

Jongin looked down. But he managed himself to calm so that Seulgi's parents could feel his sincerity of taking responsible.

He only wished to marry her.

 

 

"I, Kim Jongin, take you, Kang Seulgi, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

"I, Kang Seulgi, take him, Kim Jongin, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

"In the name of God and the power He gives to me, now I shall pronounce you as husband and wife."

 

 

"Yeobo, you should take a rest now. Tomorrow is your test," Seulgi caressed Jongin's back as her husband was still awake and reading a book.

He smiled and held her hands. "I know. But I just can't sleep. Your due day is also coming, I'm nervous," he said while looking her right in the eyes.

"Don't worry, I've got some back up from Umma. She said she would like to stay here while you were in college. She even cooked for us."

Jongin hugged his wife. "I wish I could be just stay at home with you."

Seulgi giggled. "No way..." she complained, "Listen, after this baby had born, I would like to go to college too. I'll wait for 2 or 3 years. At least when this baby is able to walk."

"Alright. It's up to you. As long as you happy about it. I love you."

Seulgi smiled back to his husband. "I love you too."

 

 

"Mr. Kim Jongin, congratulation. Your baby is a boy."

Jongin stiffened and did nothing while his mother in law, Mrs. Kang, had already gone into the room.

"Jongin-ah, what are you doing?? Don't you need to check your wife now??" Mr. Kang asked Jongin as the guy finally had realized it and stormed into the room happily.

 

 

"Jagi-ya, it's my turn now, you can take a rest." Jongin took the baby from Seulgi's arm.

"Thank you, he's full now. He drank all of my milk. All you need to do is just swaying him around so that he falls asleep."

Jongin nodded and went to the living room. He looked at the baby's face. "My dearest Son, Kim Jongil. Be a good boy and make us proud," he said as kissed his son's forehead.

 

 

"Yeobo, we haven't paid the electricity for last month. What should we do?" Seulgi asked in a very deep concern when she read the warning letter about postponement bill.

Jongin took the letter and read it. He then exhaled a deep breath. "My parents can't send me any money this month because of my grandmother's bill in hospital. Your parents sent some to us, but we had used them all for Jongil's daily needs and ours. Now all the left bill problem is the electricity. I..." Jongin quieted down for a while. He thought about how to solve it. "I'll go to someone's place, can you be with Jongil for the next hours?"

"Where will you go?"

"My bestfriend, Kim Jongwoon Hyung."

 

"Kim Jongin, is that you?"

Jongin smiled and nodded to the older guy behind the door.

"Oh my, long time no see! Come in!" the guy opened his door and let Jongin in. "How are you?" asked him with the happiest tone.

"I'm fine, Jongwoon Hyung! Thank you, how about you?" answered Jongin while hugging with him. They hadn't seen each other for 1 and half year.

"Still doing great and... my wife, Yuri, is having our second baby!" Jongwoon seemed to be casual about the news, but Jongin could tell that his face was almost explode for holding his excitement.

"That's a good news, Hyung! I'm trully happy for you and Yuri Noona. Where is she?" Jongin wandered his eyes around, in case seeing Jongwoon's wife.

"She's in hospital, checking our second baby to be."

Jongin shocked. "Hyung," he said, "Why would you let her go by herself? You should be with her!"

Jongwoon laughed. "It's okay, I got Yeri around her. She is the safetiest daughter about keeping an eye to her mother's pregnancy."

"Oh, it's a relief... I thought you were sending her alone."

"No way I would do that, since Yeri insisted by herself she needed to be around her mother and her sister to be."

Jongin smiled, "So... it's another baby girl??"

"Yuri and Yeri wanted it to be, and I can't do anything. Oh yeah, how is your son doing?"

"Oh, my baby boy is doing great. He's trying to speak nowadays. Saying things like 'Appa' and 'Umma'."

Jongwoon giggled. "Those moments are the best. You should pay attention and be around him. A lot or you'll regret it one day. It's kind of reminds me when Yeri did. Those moments were the best to release your stresses away. Believe me."

"Yeah, and Yeri is now 7 years old. Who knows? Hahahaha, I can't believe that you are a true father now."

"That's right, but I'm still young though! I'm 29 now and I was 22 when we had Yeri. Look at the bright side, we surely will raise our children in a very best way. We can afford it, since we will still be in our 40's when Yeri enters the university. And in your case, you'll still be in your 30's!"

"Hyung, thank you so much for cheering me. I need that. Umm..." Jongin hesitated but Jongwoon noticed.

"What? Tell me, I'll do my best to help you."

Jongin tried to put another smile on his face but it just didn't come up well. "Jongin-ah, just tell me anything. I'll help. I promise."

Convinced by his bestfriend words, he decided to tell everything. "Hyung, I need some money."

Jongwoon nodded. "Hyung, I'm so sorry for asking you about this, all of a sudden after a year has passed. I'm stuck, Hyung! I'm still going college, my son needs much foods and stuffs, my wife is just a full time housewife, our parents' money has come to their limits, I... I'm desperate!" Jongin exploded. He didn't want to cry but he did.

For all the time, he hadn't realized that this such thing actually bothered him. A lot. In reality, he was still young that time. He wasn't prepared enough mentally to deal with this kind of household problems.

Jongwoon tapped his right shoulder. "Fathers don't cry," said him jokingly. Made the younger guy in front of him smiled and wiped his tears away. "Of course I'll help you! Anytime, just tell me! And don't you worry about it, I know how you feel. I was in your position for once too. In fact, mine was worse than yours. Yuri was in her high school times back then. She got all of the bullies from the entire people of the school. So did I whenever I went to college. But as time goes by and you two are willing to rely on each other a lot, no lies within, you'll get all the happiness in the world. Just remember this line from me, okay?"

Jongin nodded with a relief smile on his face.