Chapter Four

The Dragon Gang

 

Sneaking out of the university’s dorm without waking up Yongguk or Himchan was one of the easiest things Zelo ever needed to do. There was almost no security around as well; and why would there need to be? It was just a collage dorm.

Looking around carefully, making sure he wasn’t being noticed or followed, the boy left the campus, making his way to a previously agreed location.

“Young Master Zelo.”

Jongup bowed down to him right as their eyes met. He had been patiently waiting for the boy, his car engine already running in case they needed to make a quick getaway.

“No no, Jongup. I told you, you have to call me Junhong now. No one can hear that name around here, or we’ll be in trouble.”

The boy said, waving his hand in a dismissive manner at the man and getting on the passenger’s seat. Jongup calmly took the driver’s seat and they took off, the intended location already agreed upon before-hand so no time had to be spent talking.

“So how is it going? I haven’t seen anyone suspicions around the university yet, so I’m guessing my dad is still a bit behind?”

Zelo asked as he scooped through the glove compartment, getting a hold of a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. He cracked the window down a few centimeters, to allow the smoke of the cigarette he just lit to escape a bit.

“It’s going right as you have planned. You father is very concerned with your sudden disappearance, and I have started spreading rumors about that old Dragon gang making a comeback. It’ll be no time before he sends some men to check out this Bang Yongguk.”

Jongup was a man with a serious character, who rarely showed his emotions, but Zelo knew where his loyalty laid at, and he trusted the man to do a good job. If he weren’t rebelling and actually followed his destiny to take over his father’s gang, he would have made Jongup his right-hand guy.

“Good. The sooner this Dragon thing spreads the better. Just make sure no one finds out it’s a fake rumor.”

The boy warned, but it was unnecessary. Jongup knew very well what to do with the people that discovered the truth. Eliminate them before they get a chance to report to higher ranks.

Quickly arriving at their destination, there wasn’t much time to talk anymore. Jongup parked by a dark street, turning off the engine but not getting out. He had been instructed to wait in the car, so he just watched as the boy got off, and walked into the rather run-down building.

Zelo walked confidently. He had been there only once before, but he remembered the way clearly. He wasn’t one to forget things easily.

He scowled at many things as he walked to the apartment door, unpleased by the old condition of the building. He wondered why the man continued to live there, when he clearly had enough money to move to a better place, especially after so many years working for Zelo’s father.

Knocking on the door, the boy barely had to wait before it was cracked open energetically, revealing a smiling man on the other side.

“Yooo~ Zelo!”

His greeting was exaggerated, and rather unpleasant to the younger boy, who just gave him a simple nod as he pushed passed him, entering the apartment.

The place was packed with machines, computers of all different models all around, each serving for a specific task, Zelo guessed. With all the machinery on, the apartment bared a muffled heat, that the boy felt bothering his skin right as he stepped in, exactly like the last time he was there. He found it very unpleasant as well.

The shorter man didn’t seem at all bothered by it though, as he still bared his smiled while following after the boy, but only after making sure he locked the door properly. He wouldn’t want anyone walking in and finding Zelo in there. He’d be pretty dead if that happened.

“So? Did everything work?”

He curiously asked, looking almost a bit too excited to hear the answer. Zelo gave him a smile, and answered exactly what the man wanted to hear.

“Everything worked perfectly. The secretary was so confused. He just didn’t know what happened. You’re brilliant, Youngjae-hyung; A real genius.”

Youngjae looked extremely flattered by those words, turning around shyly and insisting it was nothing, just children’s play compared to some things he knew how to do.

“It’s a pity I have to kill you.”

Zelo completed his words, making Youngjae freeze on the spot, clearly hearing the sound of a gun having its safety lock removed. He slowly turned back around to look straight down the barrel of Zelo’s pistol, the boy smiling smoothly, like he was enjoying seeing the cold sweat drip from the man’s forehead.

“I’m sorry hyung. But after the fake passport, ID, and those plane and boat tickets, hacking the university’s system was the last thing I needed from you. Now you’re nothing more than a liability. And I can’t have that. I really can’t have anyone knowing what I intend to do, and I know how fast you’ll sell me out the moment my dad has a gun to your head.”

Youngjae gulped, knowing there was no escape. If the son of the leader of the powerful Snake gang wanted you dead, that was it, you were dead. That was his final moment, and the only thing he wished for was to turn back time, and pretend he wasn’t home the first time Zelo came to him. Maybe if he did, the boy would have looked for somebody else to help him.

“Call this taking precaution. Goodbye hyung.”

Zelo coldly said, and without mercy or hesitation, he pulled the trigger. The bulled left his gun and lodged itself in the so brilliant brain of Yoo Youngjae, killing him instantly.

The boy didn’t bother cleaning up the mess he made, as he knew that by the time anyone found out that it was him who killed the man, he’d be long gone, and completely untraceable.

 

 

Junhong hopped along, happily following behind Yongguk and Himchan as they made their way to the cafeteria, to have breakfast. Himchan was still sulking over the way the boy was treating him, especially after earlier that morning Junhong chose to follow Yongguk around to his classes the entire time, and acted like Himchan was invisible.

“You know what? I’m not actually hungry. I’ll just head out to class, see you two later.”

The man said as he stopped on his tracks, and already sort of turned his back.

“Are you sure?”

Yongguk asked, concern showing on his face.

“Yeah, I’m sure. If I get hungry later I have a power bar in my bag.”

Himchan answered, giving his friend a small smile and a nod.

“Ok then… See ya.”

“See ya.”

Himchan walked away, noticing Junhong didn’t even bother to say bye, and getting even more annoyed because of that.