Wu YiFan - Chapter Two

The Gentlemen of Exo

"I cannot believe that they are going to have us marry those girls!" Jongin said as he threw his arms in the air and fell back onto the couch behind him landing next to Sehun. 

"They want us to get to know them when they come to the party." Kris said.

"Sehun." Suho called for the younger who looked up from the book he was reading upon hearing his name. "Did you decide on which hospital you will be working at?"

Sehun had just graduated from Med-School and now had to decide on which hospital to work at. He is considered a genius doctor who mainly specializes in neurosurgery. Other than that, he is a successful doctor, according to his professors and other doctors who've seen him work. When word got out that he had graduated, many hospitals have been sending him letters asking him to join their staff. Wanting to take his mind off of deciding which hospital to work at, Sehun went on a vacation for a month.

Sehun thought for a good ten minutes, then nodded.

"Really? Where?" Chen asked from his right.

"Exo General."

All his brothers nodded. 

"But I thought you were thinking about joining Exo Private." Jongin said after a minute.

"I was.... Until I saw how Exo General is suffering with the lack of doctors." Sehun reasoned as he went back to reading his book.

"What about Royal?" Suho asked. 

Royal Hospital is the hospital for the military force only. It is located in the hospital wing of the Main Palace that the current reigning King [a/n: also known as the High King] is residing.  

"I'm on call for that. They told me to join another hospital that needs the extra hand. Besides, I'm also an active airforce pilot." Sehun answered as he turned a page.

"Speaking of airforce! Did you get the notice for boarder patrol?" Jongin asked his brother.

Sehun nodded. "Yeah. I'm only on duty tomorrow, so I don't start at the hospital until the next day. You?" 

"Same. But I'm on duty all week! Man! You're lucky that you're not a full-time pilot." Jongin complained.

"Well YOU were the one who wanted to be out of the house all the time, that's why you chose to be on full-time duty." Sehun said.

Jongin whined and fell on his side placing his head on Sehun's lap.

Chanyeol chuckled at his younger brothers. "Man! I actually missed seeing you two like this!" 

"Like what?" the two youngest asked at the same time.

"Like THAT. Whenever you two are together, you like teasing each other and fool around. You even talk at the same time! Sometimes you argue but it was never to the extent that you would hate each other. Haha. You two are really the youngest out of us six! You're like twins if not for the few months difference." Chanyeol reasoned.

"Chan does have a point." Chen said in agreement. Kris and Suho chuckled. 

"Alright! Let's have a guys night to celebrate Chen and Chanyeol's home coming!" Kris said as he stood up.

"Hey!" Sehun called out, looking up from his book.

"Oh shush! You were gone a month!" Chen said as he gave his brother his cat like smile.

Sehun pouted and closed his book. 

Everyone laughed. 

"Okay! So guys night! What do you want to do? Since it's late, maybe its best to stay in. Movie or video games?" Suho asked.

Sehun looked down at Jongin who was on his lap and the latter returned the looked with a grin. They both turned towards their older brothers.

Everyone knows what the two were thinking.

"VIDEO GAMES!!!!"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The next day, Kris exited the palace and entered his car to drive towards the market. Once inside the car, one of the guards had stopped by and handed him the day's newspaper. Kris thanked him and looked at the paper. He glared at the headline.

Historical Artifacts Found and Sold to Foreigners

Kris let out a heavy sigh while placing the paper on the passenger's seat and started the engine and drove off.

At the market, a man, well fit, wearing a suit and tie carried his briefcase as he walked along the sidewalk. 

The man heards a car honking and turned to see a Mercedes-Benz pull up to the curb next to him.

The tinted windows of the driver's seat rolled down and Kris smiled.

"Need a ride?" Kris asked.

"Kris! Hey, man!" the man said happily and went to sit on the passenger's seat.

He saw the newspaper and read it. "Again? We have to do something soon."

"I know." Kris said grimly.

They arrived at a office building just a few blocks away from the Main Palace. 

As Kris parked the car, a guard walked up to them. The two men got off the car and greeted the guard.

"Prince Kris. Mr. Henry requests an audience with your highness and Mr. Nichkhun," the guard reported.

Kris and said man, Nichkhun, looked at each other before nodding. "Thank you. You are dismissed." 

The two entered the building and walked toward's an office room. Kris knocked on the door and a small "enter" was heard.

A man was sitting at his desk with his glasses on as he read the news paper. He looked up when the door opened and put the paper down.

"Kris, Nichkhun. So glad that you two could come." He said.

"You had the guard call for us. Is there something wrong, Henry?" Nichkhun asked.

Said man nodded and looked at the paper on his desk. "I'm guessing the both of you read today's paper."

The two nodded.

Henry sighed. "This is the tenth time in two months. The High King has ordered a hunt. We are to hunt for the treasures of the new ruins found north of the previous ruins we've found. If along the way we see any threat, we are to arrest them. The High King is not happy with our artifacts being sold without our people's consent." 

"Do we even know exactly where the ruins are?" Kris asked.

Henry nodded. "I have a friend who lives around the area and is a hunter. He has a map to the ruins for he was the one who found it and contacted me."

"So.... no one knows of the existence aside from us?" Nichkhun asked.

"Well....there is a man who was invited by the High King by the name of Kyuhyun. He knows of the ruins and wants to join in the expedition." Henry told the men.

"I see." Kris said.

"That is all I wanted to tell you. We leave in two months." Henry said.

"Two months?" Nichkhun asked. "That long? Wouldn't other hunters find the ruins by then?"

"No. Yoochun is guarding the area." Henry said.

"Yoochun?" Kris asked.

"My friend." 

"Oh! The one with the map?" Nichkhun asked. Henry nodded. "Okay... but why do we leave in two months? Why not tomorrow?"

"Kyuhyun as business in another country and would not be here for the next two months." Henry said, though to the two men, the man before them sounded irritated.

"Two months it is." Kris said.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

At a park, a young woman around the age of 24 was taking stroll as she looked around her. She spotted two bird in a tree cuddling very close to each other. With her camera ready, she took a picture of the birds and smiled at the results.

"Taking pictures of nature again, Tao?" Kris's voice came from behind her.

Tao jumped at the sudden question and turned around. "K-Kris!" 

Kris chuckled and walked closer to her. "What did you take this time?" He asked, curious about her pictures. 

Tao gave him her sweetest smile and showed him. Kris was awed by the beauty of the photo. One of the birds had it's head under the other bird and was snuggling closer to the latter. The background of the leaves gave the photo a more romantic feel. 

"This is really good!" Kris said as he looked up into Tao's eyes.

They locked eyes for a while, and Tao visibly blushed. She pulled away awkwardly and took a step back.

"W-what are you doing here?" Tao asked realizing that the park is one of the last places the prince would be.

"I was on my way to the museum and thought that I should take a walk. Through the park is the fastest route." Kris said.

Tao nodded. "Are the new artifacts in the museum?" 

Kris smiled knowingly. He knew Tao loves to take photos of nature and artifacts. Her pictures were even featured in various magazines, thus bringing in tourist to see the actual artifacts in person. 

"They are. Would you like to come with me?" Kris offered as he brought out his elbow for Tao to take.

Tao giggled and wrapped her arm around his and they began walking towards the museum.

They walked in silence, and Kris couldn't help but smile.

Flash Back:

A 4 year-old Tao was running around the house with her nanny chasing her. She stopped when her father called for her from the living room. She ran towards her father and hugged his legs.

"DADDY!!! I mwiss you!" Tao said giggling. 

Her father laughed and bent down to pat her head. "Daddy missed you, too." He then placed a kissed on her cheeks. 

Her father pulled away. "Tao. Daddy is going to be on a expedition with his friends for a week."

Tao pouted and tears began to form in her eyes. "Daddy is awways on an espedishon!"

"I know sweetheart. Daddy is very sorry. I will make it up to you when I get back. In the mean time..." He trailed off as he turned to his guests. "This is King Yunho and his eldest son, Prince Yifan. They are daddy's close friends." 

Tao became really shy when she realized that royalty was in her house. She hid behind her father.

Her father chuckled and turned towards the King. "My apologizes, your highness. She's very shy, especially when it comes to royals." 

King Yunho gave a small laugh. "All is well, Henry. And how many times have I told you to just call me Yunho. You've been my friend long before I knew I was a prince."

"Still..." Henry said. "Anyways. Tao. Prince Yifan is a student of mine. He loves history and wants to learn more about our history. Since he is still to young to come with me on the expeditions, he volunteered to come visit you while I'm away." 

"Pwince Yifwan is gowing to be my pway buddy?" Tao asked as she looked up at her father.

Henry nodded and looked towards the two royals. 

"Yifan is very kind, so no need to be nervous or uncomfortable around him." King Yunho said to Tao. "Right, Yifan?"

Kris nodded and walked towards Tao. "Hi! I'm Wu Yifan, I'm nine! You can call me Kris if you want," he said as he introduced himself to Tao.

"Pwince Kwis?" Tao asked as she tilted her head a little.

Kris laughed at how cute the little girl was. "Just Kris is fine. No need for the formalities." He said as he brought out his hand in front of him.

Tao looked at the hand and then to her father. She saw that her father was smiling at her. She then turned towards King Yunho who gave her a reassuring nod.

Tao then nervously placed her small tiny hands on Kris's and the latter wrapped his fingers around her. Tao then smiled at how warm it felt and a bright smile grew on her face.

That was when their friendship started.

End of Flash Back

"Kris? Did you hear me?" Tao asked

"What? I'm sorry, Tao. I wasn't listening." Kris answered.

"I asked if you're going with baba on the expedition to the new ruins." Tao repeated her question.

"Oh! Yeah, I am." 

"Must be nice. I heard that it's the ruins of a castle from the ancient times." Tao said. "I wish I could go. I want to take pictures of it."

Kris chuckled. "Maybe, but you have to ask your father first about going."

Tao beamed. "I will!" 

Kris laughed at how adorable Tao can be when she is happy. By then they had reached the stairs to the entrance of the museum. They walked up the stairs talking about random things. At the way the two talked, people passing by would have mistaken them as a couple.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

HEYO!! Chapter 2 is UP!!! And Tao is here!!! I tried to make their first meeting as kids cute but eh... if it fails it fails. 

ANYWAYS....... Chapter 3 will come soon.... possibly a week's wait. Maybe less....when I have time to write it (¤﹏¤)

Until next update!!!

PEACE! v(´∀`*v)