You're My Responsibility

Animosity For Two [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Dating back to thousands of years ago, the Jeon bloodline could be evidently traced back to the first  King of South Korea. The Jeon's are very much the last direct descendants of the Hyeon Royal Family, which has lead them into grave danger. For hundreds of years now, the Hyeon's have masked their true identities under the new surname of Jeon. This was supposed to keep them safe and hidden from the Royal Hunters, who wanted each and every last true Hyeon dead so that they could gain power over South Korea's throne. Even though the throne is now non-existing in today's society, the Jeon's still with-hold a high authority that can easily control and overthrow the government if they ever felt the need to. Every new generation of Jeon's knew from a young age that they weren't exactly born into a normal family. They weren't normal people but they did their best to fit in as much as they possibly could and still do til this day.

        Today, the 28th generation of Jeon's (formally known as the Hyeon Royal Family) resides in the well populated city of Seoul, South Korea. Being born into this family wasn't exactly pleasant but everyone accepted who they were, even Jeon Jungkook. It's been 18 years and ever since he was born, Jeon Jungkook knew that he was different. He was different from all the other kids out there because he was restricted with the things that he could and couldn't do. Growing up, he'd always see kids scurrying around the playground, having so much fun with their friends and yet he wasn't allowed to even have friends, yet alone play at the playground. He grew up being very sheltered and he absolutely hated it. It wasn't until a few months ago that things started to change and he thought that it'd be a great life altering experience. He thought that he could be free for once. But turns out, it was the complete opposite. Not only was everything pretty much the same like it had always been, things got even worse. Jeon Jungkook was and still felt as though he was caged up; he was trapped and he absolutely hated his life as the last Royal heir.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    It was a relatively normal Friday afternoon at Seoul High, the key word being "normal" mind you not was something not typically found in Jeon Jungkook's vocabulary. Yet, the day wasn't all that bad, well at least it wasn't up until a mere second ago. It was during the last break of the day, meaning there was only one more hour of class left before school lets out and for some unknown reason today just had to be the day that poor Jungkook couldn't hold it in. Things took a turn for the worst right when the break bell had rung as students quickly gathered in the hallways chit chatting, getting snacks, and/or doing whatever they could possibly do for the next 10 minutes. On the other end of the spectrum there was the handsome Senior, Jeon Jungkook; who clearly could be seen hurriedly weaving through the sea of students trying his hardest to get to where he needed to go without causing a scene. Unfortunately things didn't go in his favor (rarely they ever did) as his particular surrounding was most certainly deemed unsafe for what was about to happen at that moment. He honestly just wanted a "break" like everyone else but it was nearly impossible as he felt that deadly presence catching up directly behind him.
 
"Yah, stop following me... Why can't you just leave me alone for like a few minutes? I even told you where I was going, you stalker. No wonder, I can't get a girlfriend. Not even that, I can't even make any friends because you're always following me and scaring everyone away!" It was out of anger because of the current situation that he was in that he blankly blurted those words out without even thinking of the outcome. Jeon Jungkook should be used to this by now since this does happen every single day (not to this extent though) yet, one can never truly get used to having someone being on their tail 24/7, right? Unfortunately though, Jungkook had to be somewhat aware that this would eventually happen for the fact that she's been doing things like this for the majority of their lives. But right at that moment, he couldn't understand her reasoning. Was she not even concerned about where they were at right now and where he was headed to? For an 18 year old boy, Jeon Jungkook was still relatively new to this whole concept of being a high school student. It was his first time attending a actual school since he had been home schooled his entire life, up until a few months ago and the same goes for her. He was usually really punctual with this kind of situation as he had been mentally training his own body to wait until he got home from school but today was just one of those days and boy did he regret drinking that extra bottle of juice during lunch. Once again, he felt trapped because it was something so normal that people could do freely on their own but he of course, couldn't because of this damn brat. Jungkook couldn't focus much on anything at that moment except for the fact that he was about to explode. Right now was a crucial moment for him and yet she was following him as so many students were witnessing it, making him question whether she was truly sane or not. Did she even care about her reputation at all as she was trailing his tail? Not only that, but she's a girl and he's a boy. This is seriously crossing the line and they both knew it, as he suddenly halted to a stand still, turning to face her with an annoyed glaring expression.

Jungkook had been extremely excited as he was looking forward to being a typical high school student. He had always wanted to be able to meet and make friends with other kids his age and just to be normal for once. But looking at how things have gone so far within the few months that they've been going to this school and what was happening right now, that wonderful dream of his wouldn't happen anytime soon, especially with this annoying brat following him around all the freakin' time. He really wanted to know the logic behind her irrational actions. Didn't she want to be normal too? For starters, this wasn't normal at all.

"Trust me, if I didn't have to, I wouldn't even bother being in the same country....scratch that; on the same planet as you, you stupid jerk." And that right there was the reason why his life was never normal. Even though she was younger than him, she had always stood her ground and right at that moment was no exception as she instantly glared daggers right back at him as if she was older and wiser than he could ever be.  

Growing up, Jungkook admitted that he was thankful to have someone to at least play with but having her follow him everywhere was the one thing that he dreaded the most. He had always felt like he was caged up to the point where it was almost suffocating because of her being with him 24/7. For 16 years now, Chou Tzuyu was the closest thing to a friend that Jungkook has ever had but they definitely weren't friends and this feeling was very much mutual. In both of their eyes, they were sworn mortal enemies but because they were born into their respective families, they had no other choice but to be stuck together; no and or buts. She was his one and only Royal Guardian.

"No one's forcing you. I told you, you can do whatever or go wherever you want when we're not at home, didn't I?" By now, Jungkook was starting to get a little more frustrated as random students in the hallway started whispering to each other, witnessing the scene that was unfolding in front of them. He knew fairly well that he probably shouldn't have said what he had just said, but he felt the need to repeat it for her to comprehend once again. Because apparently, she doesn't listen to a word he says even though technically he's her boss so to say.

"And that's the reason why I'm here stuck with you, you stupid unappreciative idiot. You clearly don't think about what could happen if I left you alone for even a split second. Do you not understand who you are Jeon Jungkook? For crying out loud, we don't even know who could be after you right at this moment. Why don't you take that seriously?" Tzuyu's voice drastically toned down into a soft but audible whisper as she leaned in closer to him, still managing to keep a straight face. Unlike Jungkook, she knew better. Even if he was older than her, she knew that he was her responsibility. There was no point in this conversation because they both knew that she'd still follow him regardless of what he says or does.

"I do take it seriously but do you really need to go wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter