+ CHAPTER ONE

〔 얼음 〕GLACE ; WOOLLIM ENTERTAINMENT'S SECOND SHOT .
GLACE
chapter one : THE GOOD NEWS.
december 11th, 2014 - the dorm. the sound of hayoung's ear-deafening alarm could be hear even when you're two rooms away from the bedroom. this morning, shuyan decided to be an early bird and wake up at 4.50 am; earlier than anyone else. today is her turn to cook their breakfast and hey, cooking nine bowls of eggs and bacon isn't as easy as it looks. she groaned when the ringing of the alarm won't stop even after five freaking minutes. 

shuyan turned off the gas and went to their bedroom. before going any further, i shall explain what their dorm looks like. being only members from a team who haven't debuted yet, their dorm is nothing but ant-sized.

it's located in a small apartment; the living room and the kitchen is pretty much in the same room and that area of the dorm is the most spacious. on the left there's the bathroom, and yes, all the nine girls share the same bathroom ( they usually shower three at a time ). and on the right there's the bedroom, which is about half the size of the living room and kitchen. anyway, shuyan opened the door to the bedroom while covering one of her ears and walked over to hayoung and her sleeping bag. on the way, she almost stepped on sunhwa's sleeping face.

"hayoung! hayoung-ah, wake up!" shuyan tried wriggling the 'leader''s sleeping body to wake her up, but ended up failing. "god, why are you so heavy? i can't even push you to the side."

after a few attempts, hayoung finally wakes up. shuyan sighed. "hey, turn off your alarm! i'm trying to cook breakfast for everyone and the sound of your alarm sounds like hell in my ears!" she furrowed her brows and attempted a scowl.

in respond to what the younger one said, hayoung only stared at her for a second before going back inside her sleeping bag's blanket. "no."

"what kind of leader are you??" shuyan heaved a big sigh again. she's not usually like this but she admits that she's kind of pissed right now. also, note that hayoung's alarm has been ringing this whole time. "if you won't do it, i will." she zipped open hayoung's sleeping bag and found her phone ( the source of the alarm ) lying beside her. shuyan was lucky that hayoung's phone didn't recquire a password that time, or she would've never turned off the alarm.

once that's done, she lightly kicked hayoung's sleeping bag before going back to the kitchen and cook. shuyan had already finished cooking five plates of food, so there's only four more to go. just when she was about to transfer the eggs and bacon from the pan to the sixth plate, a person showed up behing her.

"hi, shuyan eonnie." seolreun stood behind her while rubbing her eyes. oh god, this girl still looks like a goddess even with messy lion hair, red eyes, and no make up on. "what are you doing?"

"hi seol, you scared me." shuyan chuckled and turned around. "i was just finished cooking the sixth plate for breakfast-"

"what are we having for breakfast?" seolreun's face drastically changed from dull to bright at the mention of breakfast and food.

"eggs and bacon?" shuyan pointed at the food in front of her. "why, do you want to eat first?"

seolreun shook her head, "i'll just wait for the others to wake up. in the meantime, i'm going to take a shower," she headed back to their bedroom and grabbed a random set of shirt. here, no one cares which shirt is who's. these girls will literally wear any shirt they see.
***
"who's going to cook breakfast tomorrow?" ahyeon said, slicing her bacon in half. all the nine girls are now eating their breakfast together in the living room. they have a pretty big foldable table and whenever they want to eat, the table will be placed on the middle of the living room. they all sit in the floor, on cushions. picture some kind of japanese-style dining table, but a little worst.

"the last one to finish their food, remember? i thought we've been doing this for almost a year," says shinra. "i bet sunhwa's going to finish last this time." she looked at sunhwa with a grin.

"oh no, please don't let that happen. she got salt inside our cereal the last time she made breakfast for us." yoorae disagreed. "if sunhwa ends up finishing last, i'm going to volunteer to make breakfast."

in response, sunhwa huffed. she looked down at her plate, frowning at the fact that she barely ate the egg. while others call it snail-eating or slow-eating, sunhwa calls it 'enjoying the taste of food'. because they go on strict diets and barely eat, sunhwa appreciates every food that she gets by eating it piece by piece. "why are you guys being mean to me? i'm not even that bad of a cook,"

everyone laughed at what she said and shooked their heads. "sunhwa, stop lying to yourself." aesook placed her spoon and fork neatly on her plate. "guess i'm the first to finish my food." she looked around the table.

"i'm finished."
"i'm finished, too."
"we're all finished.." gyeoul said, and then eyed a particular person. "except for sunhwa," she then chuckled.

the said girl frowned. no, sunhwa doesn't want to wake up early tomorrow and prepare breakfast for anyone. sunhwa turned to yoorae, "yoorae, didn't you say that you're going to volunteer for me?"

"nah, suddenly, i'm not feeling like it." yoorae replied.

sunhwa rolled her eyes and grunted. "fine, i'll cook, but it's not my fault if you guys end up in the hospital tomorrow."
***
woollim practice room. all the girls sat in yoga mats as they follow the instructions from the trainer. today, they're going to have a yoga session and practice / build their flexibility. nobody really knows why woollim give them yoga classes. it's basically useless- only the dancers do well on these classes and the rest just.. fails.

"alright ladies, we're done for today. go and put the mats back to their places." the trainer got up and tidied her belongings.

all of the girls sighed in relief, and lied down. they've been doing some weird- yoga poses for like.. two hours. they were just chit-chatting and rolling around (?) when the door to the practice room suddenly opened. all of them raised their heads to look at who just entered, and when they realize that it's a staff, they all stood up.

"good evening!" they greeted.

the staff clutched her walking board and clipped the papers in her hand to it. "you girls-" she motioned at them- "-are all coming to the ceo's office ( a/n : idk if the ceo's in charge of these things? idk is it supposed to be the director?? )."

the girls gulped because the word 'ceo' and 'office' in the same sentence doesn't sound like good news. the staff told them to follow her and they followed her out of the practice room. throughout the way, they all whispered to each other.

"why do you think ceo lee wanted to call us?" gyeoul whispered.
"i'm like 99.1% sure that it's nothing good." maya whispered back.
"do you think they'll disband us? before we even debut?"
"probably. i mean, they basically 'neglected' us in a way for months. maybe they decided that they're done with us."
"i think you have a point."

seolreun opened the door to the ceo's office with sweaty hands. she didn't feel good about this- the thought of woollim ent. disbanding them before they even debut is creepy- heck, they don't even have an official group name yet!

"ah, girls," ceo lee smiled at them, sitting in his chair behind his desk.

in response, the girls bowed before taking a seat in the sofas placed in front of his desk. the atmosphere was awkward; no one spoke a single sentence and plus, everybody's breath is shaky ( except for the ceo's ).

ceo lee cleared his throat before he started his sentence. "so, as you all know, we just debuted lovelyz recently," "the overall response from the public was good and their debut's pretty sucessful but as you know, lovelyz has been facing a rather huge controversy lately that might destroy their future career. not that we hate lovelyz or anything- they're preparing for a comeback anyway. however, i did not send you guys here to discuss about lovelyz's current state." he folded his hands on the table. the female staff from earlier handed him a number or papers.

ceo lee continued, "you girls have been a techically drafted project for a while now. we originally wanted to debut you guys when your show 'prologue' started, but there's been a change of plans and lovelyz got to debut first. lucky you, we have one empty slot left for a new group." he smiled slowly, looking at the girls before him with a 'you-know-what-i-mean' look. "and you girls.. are going to debut." he emphasized the last word.

in the blink of an eye, squeals filled the room. gyeoul who can't hide her happiness shrieked. they all high fived each other and bounced (?) on their seats. "we're going to debut!!" 

"quiet, now." ceo lee spreaded the papers from earlier on his desk. to be exact, there are nine. "now that the news are delivered, let's sign the contracts, shall we? we'll go over everything written on the contracts together- some of you will have a different contract." the female staff handed the girls their papers and they all went through it together.

***

after reading and signing their contracts, the girls exit the ceo's office, obviously very happy and hyper after hearing the good news. they were told by the female staff that they can do whatever they want for the rest of the day, as they've done enough training for today. the girls all agreed to head back to their dorm before doing anything else. the whole way to their dorm, they were all excited af; especially the ones who trained longer. hayoung pushed the code to their dorm before opening the door. 

seolreun threw her duffel bag across the room and threw herself onto the tiny lil sofa in the living room. she squished the pillows and screamed. "i have never been so happy in my entire. life."

"let's throw an early debut party!" gyeoul exclaimed. half of them agreed and the rest shook their heads. "it's too early to have one. besides, i think woollim will throw us a mini one when we debut for real," shuyan said.

"i can't believe we're finally going to debut." sunhwa smiled to herself. "when do you guys think woollim will debut us?"

"late next year, maybe? lovelyz has just recently debuted, it'll be too early for us to debut in december." ahyeon said. "come to think of it, we shouldn't be too happy now. we still have to work hard. there's still a lot of things we haven't done; we haven't even have an official group name yet."

later that night, hayoung, gyeoul, seolruen, aesook and sunhwa decided to go out and eat tteokbokki while the rest stays at the dorm. shuyan, yoorae, shinra and ahyeon decided to make popcorn and watch some movies in the dorm. they contacted their family and friends about the news of them debuting sooonn. 'soon' as in two more years.
 
 notes: okayy guys first chapter is upfirst off, i want to say sorry ( is it too late now to say sorry? ) for uploading this late. i promised this to be up on friday last week and look at me now.. uploading the first chapter on friday this week. i hope you guys are satisfied with this chapter since it's soo longg and forgive me for the grammar mistakes! also, do you like the new layout lol
~ vanillatea

©breaker