Chapter 2

Winning Her Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Present day

“Yul, the one that got away literally.” I tried explaining to my best friend the love of my life that I watched walking away from me.

“So… that’s it? It was the last time you saw her?”

“Yup, no closures, no break ups. She just… poof! Disappeared.” How many sighs have I sighed since she left me? A thousand? A million? I have lost count.

“Stupid Taeyeon! Did you run after her?”

“I did but the weird thing is, she changed her number and she moved from her apartment. Trust me, I did everything.” It’s hard to chase someone who doesn’t want to be chased.

“Enough of the drama, Doc! The competition’s about to start, wish me luck!”

“No need, I know you’ll do well, tiger.”

 

Few minutes after Yuri’s game started, I was on my way back to my clinic when her coach called me. Kwon Yuri is injured. How the hell?

“Ugh, Taeyeon, it hurts!”

“Calm down, I got you! You got this, okay?”

Seeing my friend injured in her competition hurts me too. I got you, Yul.

 

“Hey, you’re leaving?”

“I have other stuff to do.” I glared at Taecyeon as I put back my clothes on.

“Stuff to do? Like what, other doctors to endorse your product?” I could kick him in his balls with that ing smirk. God, I hate it.

“Hey, hey, what’s with the attitude? I got your endorsement and you’ve got what you wanted. That was the deal.”

“Yeah, I know but I was hoping that this could be a good start. I wanted to take you out on a date, like let’s go watch movies or let’s eat somewhere?”

“I am not ready to be in a relationship, Dr. Ok. With you or with anybody.” I said as I tie my hair and got my bag. “Alright, that was fun but with you and me, that’s all it’s ever gonna be.” I sent him a flying kiss and bid him goodbye.

“Jessica, wait –”

 

“Hey, it is that easy?” The new hired medical representative asked me for the nth time.

“Yup. That easy. But for the record, not all doctors are like that. Some doctors are decent.” I told her, remembering my past experiences with the doctors I have asked for the recommendation of our brand.

“Alright. But I still don’t think I can do it like the way you do! You’re so good in doing the sales talk!”

“Yah, Soonkyu, are you complimenting me so that I can treat you dinner? You know you can’t fool m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter