Chapter 1

Winning Her Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Few years ago

“Aaah!” I was jogging in our school oval when I saw an angel slip and fell. Damn. She was really an angel and I really thought she came from heaven.

“Miss, are you alright?” I ran after her. I swear time stopped when she looked up to me, the wind blowing her hair, the light shining on her beautiful face. She was kinda sweaty but I didn’t care. She was breathtakingly beautiful.

“I’m fine.” I was suddenly lost when she looked directly to my eyes, and her voice – that damn voice was so angelic. I felt my heart beat faster and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

“Uh… no, I can help you.” I stuttered. I was still on cloud nine.

“No, no, it’s okay. I-I can handle it.” She tried to stand up again.

“Look, I am a doctor. I can help you.” I managed to say. And I didn’t forget to smile (which I always use when I flirt with girls).

“Doctor? But aren’t you the one from the higher batch?”

“Oh… Well, I am uh, soon to be uh doctor.” That was so embarrassing.

“Soon to be doctor? Well, me too. Soon to be doctor.” The wind suddenly went cold when she glared at me. “Does that line always work?” She smiled. SHE ING SMILED AT ME! I swear this girl will be the death of me!

I just shrugged and laughed. “So, does it really hurt?” I kept cool as I pointed at her ankle. “Or you just wanted to get my attention?” I smiled cockily.

“To be honest, it does hurt.” She smiled seductively. “But there’s nothing I can’t handle. Thank you.”

“So you don’t need my help? Okay. If you can get up by yourself, then I’ll just go on my way.” I smiled. “Take care.”

“Wait!” She said as I turn away from her. “Just… okay, just a little bit of help. Please.”

“You need my help, huh?”

“A little bit…”

“…slowly.” I pulled her upward and wow, destiny was on my side and she kinda fell into my arms. We are an inch apart, with her hands on my chest, she was staring deep into my eyes and I was feeling her hot breath. I was trying to stay calm or else I would kiss her. I seriously wanted to kiss her at that moment.

“I am Jessica, by the way. Jessica Jung.”

“Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. Soon to be doctor.” I said as I offered her a piggy back ride.

 

“Okay, let me get this straight. I’m on my third year in med school and you’re in your fourth year?”

“Y-yeah.” She was asking me non-stop once we reached the clinic.

“If you’re 24 and in fourth year, that means you always fail. Because you’re supposed to be a graduate now!”

“Wow, you’re really nice, huh, soon-to-be-doctor Jung. First, you say I’m old, second, I’m stupid.”

“I didn’t say you’re stupid… Just a repeater.” She laughed at me mockingly. I just shook my head.

“Fine, fine. I can’t argue because it’s somewhat true. I failed one subject and I am lucky to be given a second chance here. Unlike you, I don’t think you have a second chance with me.”

“Is that so?” She said and scooted closer to me.

“Excuse me! This is a school clinic, not a motel!” I was about to kiss her when the nurse suddenly interrupted us. I groaned.

“Uh, she’s uh… ready to have her foot amputated.” I told that ing nurse.

“Is she really injured or you two were just flirting?” She glared at us. “You’re so noisy. Go flirt at somewhere else!”

 

Minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days, days turned into weeks. After that one fateful day, Jessica and I had grown closer. I, Kim Taeyeon was one of a hell lucky girl. Jessica and I just had one same class but it didn’t matter. We would always eat lunch together, and she would playfully tease me under the table. I don’t how she does that I love it when she sends tingles down to my spine. After classes, we would occasionally make out in the lockers, in the fire exit, at the parking lot, on movie theatres, and when we’re feeling the extra heat, then off to my flat and there we would make love.

 

“Okay, okay. Let’s find something hard... where is the coronary sulcus located?”

“That so easy, babe. Between the atria and the ventricles nearly vertically behind the sternum.”

“You’re so arrogant!” Seriously, that girl knows everything! “Here’s another. The anterior interventricular – ”

“Babe! We have already reviewed that. We got this!”

“No! You got this. Me? There’s nothing entering my head!”

“You know what, you’re just stressed. So why don’t we pause from reviewing and... let’s do something fun?” She smiled seductively as she crawled back to me. Oooh... I know that evil smirk! Okay. Kim Taeyeon. Resist. Focus. You need to pass goddamn it!

“F-fun?” I managed to say as she began to strip before my very eyes. “B-babe... W-we just had another round okay.”

“Yes. But we just had it for like five minutes.”

“Five very good minutes!” I laughed. “Babe, I’m sorry. You know how I’m pressured right now. I really need to pass Revalida. This exam will determine whether or not I become a doctor and save lives.”

“Save lives?” She asked me as she put her clothes back on. I know she’s frustrated right now. “I thought you just wanted to be a sports doctor? It’s not like you’re gonna cure cancer.”

I was dumbstruck. “Well... that was below the belt.” My face fell.

Her face soften

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter