Chapter 9

One Night...And Forever

Two weeks after new year, Jong-hyun was finishing up shooting for his movie. The director called cut as the last scene was finally completed and everyone clapped and congratulated each other on a job well-done.

"I'm getting more tired these days. It must be because of being pregnant." So-yeon said as she walked to her van with Shin-hye.

"Well, you can get some rest now that this whole thing is done and so can I." Shin-hye said happily.

So-yeon climbed into her van and turned to Shin-hye before she closed the door. "How's your boyfriend?"

Shin-hye blushed a little bit and shrugged as if she didn't care. "He's fine." She tried to say nonchalantly.

So-yeon knew just how much Shin-hye like Joon-seo because she always caught her smiling at her phone when she thought no one was looking. "Nonsense. I know everything. Bring him to my wedding." So-yeon said.

"He's going to attend anyway, your husband-to-be is his sunbae after all." She said and shut the van door. As So-yeon's van pulled away, Shin-hye's phone rang. "Eo jagiya." She said answering the call from Joon-seo.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"We just wrapped up filming and I'm about to leave." She replied.

"Did you have dinner yet?" He asked.

"No, not yet. Why?"

"Come over, I'll cook for you." He replied.

"Jeongmal?" Shin-hye said as she hailed a cab.

"Eo. Palli wa."

"Arasso." She said and hung up. Then she dialled her sister's number.

"Yeobseyo." Eun-ha said breathlessly, answering on the second ring.

"Unni, what are you doing? Am I interrupting something?"

"Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm moving furniture." She replied.

"Our house?" Shin-hye asked.

"Oppa's house. Ya, did you see Oppa at the filimg site?" Eun-ha asked, taking a seat on the new sofa.

Shin-hye thought for a minute. "I don't think so. Now that I think about it, he seemed to have left immediately he finished filming. He's probably on his way home."

"Uh! He can't get here until I'm done. Ah chincha. Why did you call?" Eun-ha asked.

"I'm spending the night at Joon-seo Oppa's house today, just wanted to let you know." She said.

"Alright, see you in the morning. Be responsible." Eun-ha said and hung up.

 

Eun-ha placed the last piece of throw pillow on the sofa and stepped back to admire her work. She knew that Jong-hyun had been too busy to go and buy some furniture, so she had taken it upon herself to help him get some. It was getting uncomfortable having to sit on the floor every time she came over. She hoped that he'd like it since she had put so much thought into it. She decided to start some dinner while waiting for Jong-hyun to come home since she knew that he'd be tired. As she cooked, she heard someone punching in the passcode for the house and she knew Jong-hyun was home. She went and stood in front of the door, hoping to surprise him since he didn't know she was coming.

Jong-hyun walked into the house, he was so tired his entire body throbbed from fatigue. Although he was tired, he was grateful for his work and he thought he'd rather be tired than go back to the days when he was turned down from audition after audition. He turned around after putting his shoes away and saw Eun-ha standing at the door in an apron and wearing a big smile on her face. He stood still for a moment and wondered if he was dreaming.

"Welcome." She said.

Jong-hyun moved closer to her, pulled her into his arms and buried his face in her hair. He could feel his fatigue beginning to melt away. "What are you doing here?" He asked, his words muffled by her hair.

"Congratulations on finishing your first movie. I have a gift for you." She said pulling out of his embrace.

"Something other than you being here?" He asked and Eun-ha cringed.

"Oppa, when did you get so cheesy? Close your eyes." She replied and he did. "No peeking." She said and led him to the sitting room. "Okay, now open. Surprise!"

Jong-hyun looked around his now furnished apartment. "When did you do all this?" He asked.

"I had all the furniture delivered today. I wanted you to be more comfortable whenever you came home and I also wanted to be comfortable when I come over. Do you like it?" She asked.

He placed an arm on her shoulder and hugged her to his side. "I like it, thank you."

"There's more." She said, taking him by the hand and leading him to the bedroom. "It's pretty sturdy." She said sitting on the bed.

Jong-hyun took her by the hand and pulled her close. "Do you want to launch it?" He asked, inching closer and closer to her face.

"But I made dinner." She replied even as her arms circled his neck.

"It can wait." He said and kissed her.

 

Joon-seo laid on the sofa with his head in Shin-hye's lap after they had had dinner and cleaned up. He closed his eyes and sighed a very contented sigh. 

"Are you happy?" Shin-hye asked, playing with his hair.

"Aren't you?" Joon-seo replied.

"Of course I am." Shin-hye replied.

"I am too." He said.

Shin-hye bent over and kissed Joon-seo. "I told my sister that I wasn't going home tonight." She smiled slyly.

Joon-seo sat up and stared at her for a minute. She never ceased to surprise him with how bold she was. "You are, seriously..."

Shin-hye interrupted him. "I gave you a hint, chincha, you like to talk too much when it's not needed." She tsked and kissed him.

 

Eun-ha and Jong-hyun finally sat down to dinner at the new dining table set that Eun-ha bought.

"Promotions for the movie will begin soon since the director said that he's on a tight schedule and there won't be a lot to edit so I'm going to get so busy I won't have time to see you a lot." Jong-hyun said.

Eun-ha thought about it for a minute. "Well, I could always spend the weekend here with you."

"Really? You'd do that?" Jong-hyun smiled.

"Aigoo, you like it that much?" She shook her head and put another chopstick full into .

Jong-hyun reached across the table and pushed her hair behind her ear. "I would ask you to move in with me if I could, that's how much I want to see you everyday."

"I'll think about it." She replied. Her heart raced at his words, she wasn't quite sure how to respond. She'd have to discuss it with Shin-hye later.

They finished eating and did the dishes together and afterwards cuddled up in bed and went to sleep because they were tired.

 

Eun-ha returned from work the next day and all she could think about was Jong-hyun telling her that he would want to live with her. She entered her apartment and saw her sister sprawled out on the sofa and watching a drama and eating chips.

"You've become a bum because Oh So-yeon isn't working? Aigoo." She said and poked her sister.

"Hey sister!" She sat up to make room for Eun-ha to sit next to her.

"Shin-hyeya, I wanted to ask your opinion on something."

"What?"

"Last night, Oppa all but asked me to move in with him."

"What?! So what did you say?"

"I said I'd think about it. Don't you think it's too soon? I mean we've only been together for a little over a month now."

"Do you like him?" Shin-hye asked.

"Yes, I do. A lot in fact."

"So what's the problem? You like him, he likes you. What's the worst that could happen? You break up and have to move out." Shin-hye said like it was the most logical thing in the world.

"You have a point. You know, I realize that I have a tendency to overthink and overcomplicate things. He isn't asking me to marry him. If we break up, I'll move out, life doesn't have to end." Eun-ha agreed.

"That's the spirit, if you want something, go for it and don't think too much about anything else." Shin-hye patted her sister.

"How are things between you and Joon-seossi?" She asked.

"Great. I'm going as far as I can with him." Shin-hye said turning back to her drama.

"Are you going to marry him?" She asked.

"Micheoso? We've only been together for a little over a month."

"Weren't you the one saying to go for something you wanted just now?"

"That's that and marriage is marriage. I won't just marry him so soon." Shin-hye said.

"Aigoo uri kwiyowon dongsaeng. You like to act tough but you also have some fears, don't you?"

"It's not that."

"So if he asked you to marry him, you'd break up with him?"

"It doesn't have to be one or the other."

"Shin-hyeya, happiness is a two-way street. Don't hold back if your heart wants something, okay?"

Eun-ha left her sister in the sitting room and went inside to change her clothes. When she was done, she sent a message to Jong-hyun. It read, "Okay. I'll move in with you but not immediately. For now, I can only spend the weekends at your house." Almost immediately, she got a reply from him.  "Whatever works for you." It read and she smiled. She wondered if he had been sitting by the phone.

 

A few weeks later, Jong-hyun was taking a break from being interviewed. The interviewer was getting ready to begin the second part of the interview when he got a message from Eun-ha. It read, "Oppa, I'm arriving at your house now. I'll watch your interview on tv later make sure you do well. Wanna eat some japchae?" Jong-hyun smiled at his phone and replied "Japchae sounds nice. I'll see you after." Eun-ha replied "fighting" with a picture of herself doing the fighting gesture and Jjong-hyun tucked his phone back into his pocket. He was so happy these days, his career was going well and he was really in love with his girlfriend.

"Are you ready Park Jong-hyunssi?" The interviewer asked, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Ah neh." He replied.

"So, how does it feel to film your first movie? You're the hot item these days. All the girls are loving you and they keep leaving comments about your lovely voice."

Jong-hyun laughed. "Aigoo kumapsubnida. I've worked really hard to get where I am right now. I've been rejected from a lot of auditions for a while and I almost gave up. But, I had a friend who I lived with and he always gave me hope and strength and told me never to give up on myself. I hope to become an actor that a lot of people love, not just because of my voice or my looks but because of my talent."

"That's right, achieving a dream is not easy. Are you in a romantic relationship right now?" The interviewer asked.

He thought about it for a moment, he didn't know if Eun-ha would be okay with their relationship be known to the public yet. He decided that he didn't have anything to idea, he loved her and he wasn't going to be quiet about it. "Neh, I do have a girlfriend." He said and made a finger heart at the screen.

The interviewer laughed. "Neh yeorobun, that was Park Jong-hyun. Please make sure you all go and see his movie, Pulse and give it a lot of love. Have a goodnight." The interviewer said and the camera turned off.

At home, Eun-ha watched the interview and smiled. She put on her phone and searched up Jong-hyun's name on the internet. Articles were already being published on the different blogs about his interview since it was live and people were already leaving comments. She scrolled down and read a few of them.

One read "Ottokhae! How can Oppa already have a girlfriend? This is not fair T_T".

Another one read, "Such a lucky girl to be with such a handsome oppa. Why can't it be me?"

And yet another one read, "I'm really happy for the two of them. I wonder if they'll take a picture together. I bet she's cute."

Eun-ha rolled her eyes at all the hateful comments and smiled at all the nice comments. "It's not like you will have a chance with him anyway." She said to herself and went back to setting the table.

Twenty minutes later, Jong-hyun punched in the passcode and walked into the apartment. He could already sense Eun-ha before he even saw her. He turned the corner and saw her laying on the couch, fast asleep. He crouched next to her and stared at her for a few seconds before he placed a finger on her forehead and she woke up and smiled at him.

"Did you see the interview?" He asked as she sat up.

"I did. Some of your fangirls want to kill me now." She replied.

"I'm sorry, I should have kept it a secret." He said. He was angry that some of his so-called fans would want to hurt the person he loved.

"It's fine Oppa, we have no reason to be afraid of anything. Besides, I can take care of myself. Now, let's eat I'm hungry and the food is getting cold."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hurry, the limo will be here in a minute!" Shin-hye said while pulling on her coat. It was already the second week in February, and So-yeon was getting married. She was going to have her wedding on a yatch. Eun-ha hopped out of her room on one foot while pulling her shoe on the other foot.

"I've never been on a yatch before. How do I look?" She said.

"You're the second most beautiful woman in the world. Me?" Shin-hye asked smoothing her sister's hair.

"You're the second most beautiful woman in the world." Eun-ha replied. When they were younger, they'd ask their father who was more beautiful between the two of them, and he always told them they were second only to their mother.

Eun-ha pulled on her coat and they went out the door. Just as they arrived downstairs, the limo pulled up and they got in. Their men were already waiting for them in the car, so they took their seats beside them.

"Whose idea was it to rent a limo?" Eun-ha asked, reaching for the champagne bottle and pouring herself a drink.

"So-yeon unni's. She loves me, don't you know?" Shin-hye replied.

"You look beautiful." Joon-seo said and her hair.

Jong-hyun didn't say the same to Eun-ha, but he caught her eye and smiled at her and that was all the confirmation that she needed.

When they arrived, the reporters were all lined up by the sides of the red carpet, taking pictures of all the guests. Tthe four couples stopped to pose for the camera before getting onto the yatch. Before long, the ceremony was underway and So-yeon and her husband exchanged vows. There was a fireworks show as they had their first dance and everybody watched them in happiness.

Eun-ha leaned her head against Jong-hyun's arm and closed her eyes, the night air was cool but spring was starting to come through. The breeze from the river and the rocking motion of the boat made her feel like she was at peace. Even though it wasn't her wedding, she had never been happier than she was in that moment. Jong-hyun wrapped his arms around her as they watched the fireworks.

Joon-seo gazed at Shin-hye and she caught him staring at her. "What?" She said.

"I love you." He answered.

Shin-hye smiled. "I love you too."

Author's note: Hi everybody, I know it's been a while but work suddenly got really busy so I haven't had time to write. I hope you like this chapter, I made it long to compensate for not updating in a while. Forgive me though if I filled it with nonsense. I'm thinking this should be the end. Or would you guys like an epilogue? Please leave me lots of comments so  I can know how you liked it. Kamsahabnida.