Chapter 7

One Night...And Forever

They arrived at the resort and checked in, the boys staying together in a room and the girls staying together in another room. After they settled in, they decided to have lunch in the restaurant and Jong-hyun offered to pay. By the time they returned to their rooms after lunch, Shin-hye's sniffles had turned into a full on cold. Jong-hyun had asked them to go sledding, but Shin-hye had declined because she wasn't feeling well, so Eun-ha had refused to because she didn't want to have fun if her sister couldn't join in and Joon-seo didn't want to leave Shin-hye alone.  Joon-seo had gone to buy some medicine and Eun-ha stayed in the room with her sister.

"Unni, I'm okay by myself, go and have fun if you want." Shin-hye said.

"I can't leave you right now, you have a fever." Eun-ha replied.

Shin-hye did have a fever, and her head hurt so much she thought it would split open but she realized that her sister was using her as a delay tactic. "This doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you're losing your courage to confess to Jong-hyunssi, does it?" She narrowed her eyes at her.

Eun-ha studiously avoived her sister's gaze. "Of course not."

"Ya, Seo Eun-ha, did I just know you yesterday? I'm your sister. You're chickening out again. Listen to me, if Joon-seo oppa stays here to take care of me, you can have a chance to be alone with Jong-hyunssi and even if he rejects you there'd be no one else to see it." 

"Are you sure you're not faking being sick to get me and Jong-hyun Oppa alone together?"

"Ya, can anyone fake a fever this high? Ah my head hurts so much."

Just then, Joon-seo came back with the medicine and sat by Shin-hye's side. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked, placing a palm against her forehead to check her temperature.

"I'll be fine." Shin-hye replied.

"I'll stay here and keep her company so she's not bored. Shin-hye told me that you liked skiing so I hope you can go and fun and don't worry about her too much." Joon-seo said to Eun-ha.

"Are you sure?" Eun-ha asked Shin-hye.

"Ah palli ka chebal." Shin-hye replied and shooed her sister out of the room.

Eun-ha quietly closed the door of the room behind her. Her sister had a point, there was no use in delaying the inevitable. It was better for her to confess her feelings and get rejected all at once than to prolong it and fall deeper only to get her heart broken again. She crossed the hallway to the boys' room on the other side and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Jong-hyun called from inside. She went in and saw him laid out on his bed, studying his script. When he saw that she came in, he put aside the script and sat up. "Is something wrong?' He asked.

"Oppa, let's go sledding." She replied with a bright smile.

"Are you sure? You don't have to go if you don't want to." He replied.

"I really, really want to. Besides, Joon-seossi is staying with Shin-hye and she seems to welcome his company more than mine right now. That betraying wench." She said.

Jong-hyun's face lit up with a smile. "Alright! If we go right now, we can have some fun before it gets really dark."

He went out of the room and Eun-ha followed behind him. They rented some sleds from the reception desk and went to find a slope they could trash. On their way up the hill, Jong-hyun spoke. "What else do you like to do besides skiing?"

"Archery." She replied.

"Archery?!" Jong-hyun said. Her tastes were so unexpected. "Are you any good?"

"Do you want to challenge me?" She laughed. "I'm no joke Oppa, you have been forewarned."

"So let's review, you drink pretty well, you like to ski and you can shoot an arrow. Daebak, you're something."

"Actaully," She confessed shyly, "I don't really drink well. I was just really upset that night."

"Oh, I see. Ah we're here." He said. They had arrived at the top of the hill. "Race you." Jong-hyun said and immediately placed his sled on the ground and pushed off.

"Ya, that's cheating." Eun-ha replied as she also quickly started after him on her sled. He got to the bottom first."You totally cheated, that's invalid. I wasn't even ready." She pouted.

"Okay okay, we'll do it again. This time we both go on the count of three. Okay?" He said and she nodded then he picked up his sled and ran up the hill as fast as the snow would let him and he yelled, "Race you to the top" as he ran.

Eun-ha gaped at him, "Oppa! You just said you wouldn't cheat. Ugh. I'll show him." She gathered snow until it formed a little mound and the she rolled it to the bottom of where Jong-hyun's sled had come down before. She giggled mischievously at her prank while building her snow obstacle. When she was done, she dragged her sled behind her and climbed up the hill to meet Jong-hyun.

"I thought I was going to grow old waiting for you to get here. Are you ready this time?' he asked.

Eun-ha tried to contain her giggles and nodded her head. 'He doesn't suspect a thing.' She thought to herself.

"On your mark, get set, go." Jong-hyun called and they raced down the hill at the same time. Jong-hyun was leading, leaning himself forward on the sled to gain more speed but because he was going too fast, he hit the bump Eun-ha had built hard and he went flying through the air and landed face-first in the snow. Eun-ha didn't mind that she lost this time, she was too busy laughing at the vision he presented. When he laid unmoving in the snow, however she became worried.

"Oppa, Oppa kwaenchana?' She moved closer to him. She poked him but he didn't respond. "Oppa, answer me. It was just a joke, please don't be like this. Oppa." She called. She was worried something had happened to him.

"Eun-haya." Jong-hyun said weakly, opening his eyes halfway.

"Oppa, can you hear me?" She said.

"Come closer." He said again and when she did, he threw a handful of snow in her face and jumped up laughing.

It took her a minute to realize he had pranked her back. She remained kneeling in the snow and tears began to fall from her eyes. Jong-hyun noticed that she wasn't moving and he moved closer to her and saw that she was crying.

"Eun-haya, why-why are you crying?' He said kneeling in front of her.

"I thought something happened to you. How could you do that to me?! I was so worried you had gotten hurt!" She cried.

"But, you played a prank first." Jong-hyun said.

"Yours was worse. I thought something terrible had happened to you." She said through her tears.

Jong-hyun pulled her into his arms and patted her back. "Arasso mianhae. I won't pull such a thing again. I'm really sorry." He said rubbing her hair as she cried in his arms. Jong-hyun was confused, he wondered why she was so worried about him if he was just a friend to her. He understood she would worry a little but not to the extent that she did. He pulled her up from the ground and dusted off the snow on her hair, then they had to return to the hotel because it was getting darker and colder. They decided to go and get some hot chocolate in the restaurant to warm themselves up. As they both sat in the hotel lounge sipping their warm drink, they both had different thoughts running through their mind. Eun-ha wondered how she would go about confessing her feelings, having never done it before and Jong-hyun wondered how he would go about not falling deeper for Eun-ha. 

After a few minutes, Eun-ha finally broke the silence. "Oppa, I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to start something if I know I'm going to fail. I'm someone who has a lot of pride, Shin-hye and I have been living alone since I was eighteen and she was sixteen. I've achieved a lot of things on my own, but now I'm about to try something I have no idea of how it will turn out. I'm putting myself on the line here." She said. Jong-hyun watched her but she wasn't looking at him. He noticed that her brow was knit together and he realized how hard it was for her to say whatever it is she wanted to tell him. "Oppa, I-I like you. As more than a friend. When we met over a month ago, I was so attracted to you, it wasn't just because you're good-looking but also because I felt a strong bond with you. We met each other at a low point in our lives and that feeling of comradeship was there. There was also something else, it seemed like you got me, you made me feel something I hadn't felt in a long time, it was that feeling of comfort. That feeling like I could tell you anything, you know? So anyway, I really like you Oppa." Jong-hyun continued to watch her, she pushed her heair back behind her ear and drew circles in the carpet with the toe of her boot. She didn't look at him, so she didn't notice the slow smile that spread across his face. THat smile turned into a chuckle and slowly into laughter. Eun-ha's head snapped up, Was he laughing at her? Did he find her so pathetic that she confessed to her? Her face started to turn red from embarassment and tears began to fill her eyes. She would not cry, not in front of him at least. She  got up suddenly and started to leave. Jong-hyun grabbed her hand and held her back.

"Where are you going?"

"My confession wasn't meant to amuse you." She replied blinking back her tears. Stupid tears, couldn't they wait until she was alone?

"Amuse me? What in the world are you talking about?'

"Just now, you were laughing at me because I said I liked you more than a friend." She replied.

Jong-hyun stood up and pulled her into his arms. "Silly girl, do you know how hard it has been for me since you said you wanted us to be just friends? I like you so much it makes me dizzy and then you go and spring something like that on me. I liked you from the first moment I kissed you, even in all the days I didn't see you, I always thought about you. When I got my movie role, you were the first person I wanted to tell before even Joon-seo. Does that make sense? I met you only once, so do those kind of things really happen? I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing because I like you."

Eun-ha was stunned, so he had liked her all these while. "So why didn't you say something?" She retorted.

"You're the one who wanted to be friends." He retorted back.

She pulled back from him and narrowed her eyes. "You couldn't take a chance?"

"Says the woman who said she doesn't start something she would fail at." Jong-hyun replied.

"Oh don't be silly, you're a man and-" Jong-hyun interrupted her words by planting a quick kiss on her lips. 

"You talk too much, this is the moment when we're supposed to kiss." He smirked and then pulled her closer and kissed her properly. She forgot where she was for a moment and wrapped her arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss and he pulled her closer. Jong-hyun pulled back from Eun-ha and she was dazed for a few seconds. He leaned closer to her and whispered, "We're giving people a show." She glanced around her and realized that a few people were starting to stare at them. She buried her head in Jong-hyun's chest in embarassment and he laughed.

 

Joon-seo laid in bed next to a sleeping Shin-hye, her fever was breaking so she was sweating a lot. He grabbed the towel he was using to wipe her sweat and wiped the new build-up of sweat on her face and neck. He pushed back her damp hair from her forehead and watched her as she slept. He finally realized how much he liked her.

 

Author's note: Annyeonghaseyo yeorobun. So, yeah that happened. This is possibly the fastest fanfiction I update, my other stories usually take me time because I run out of ideas halfway through them and I have to struggle to write anything. Like I said, this story is a simple love story so you shouldn't expect any plot twists or anything like that. It's just something to help me relax after a busy day at work. I hope you guys like it and enjoy it. Thanks for reading. *90 degree bow* Kamsahabnida.