Prologue

Switched

Heyheyhey this is the prologue to Switched! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy this.

The next chapter will be uploaded next week. See you then! :)

__

Jiyoon sighed loudly and lowly. The clock’s ticking was really starting to get to her. She was sitting alone in her recently cleaned room, holding her clock closely to her chest. It was almost midnight and once the clock struck 12, she would be 20 years old. As everyone on Earth knew, on your 20th birthday you find your soulmate in the most craziest way possible. Once both soulmates turn 20, the soul of each vacate their bodies and travel to their soulmate’s body. You then spend time trying to find your other half, even if it meant traveling halfway across the world. Once the pair share the “Kiss of Fate”, your souls switch back and there you go; happily ever after.

Jiyoon looked at the clock again. 11:48 P.M. Just 12 more minutes and she’ll experience an out of body event; literally. As Jiyoon sat waiting, she looked around her neat room. She had cleaned it specifically for her soulmate. Jiyoon even went so far as to leave a list on how to properly care for her body. And yet, Jiyoon couldn’t help but feel nervous for herself. She was going to be someone else for a while, leaving her home, body, job, and school to some stranger.

One more glance at the clock revealed it was now 11:57 P.M. Hurriedly fixing herself, putting the clock away, and scanning her room once more, Jiyoon felt her heart skip a beat. This is it. The moment all humans wait for. Laying down flat on her back on top of the covers, Jiyoon shut her eyes. Waiting another minute, Jiyoon held her breath until she felt it. A tingling sensation that started in her chest and slowly spread to her fingers and toes. Getting used to the fluttering feeling, Jiyoon relaxed… until suddenly, it hurt. A lot. Which made sense seeing as her soul was quite literally leaving her body. After the pain came a flying sensation. Then a few minutes later (or hours, she’s not really sure) Jiyoon felt like she snapped back down into a bed.

Jiyoon had her- or more like her soulmate’s- eyes squeezed shut. She had done it. Her soulmate was somewhere in… huh. That’s strange. She couldn’t remember her address… Wait a minute… she can’t remember anything! She only remembers her name and vague memories of her… family?

Feeling a little freaked out (okay, a lot), Jiyoon nearly jumped ten feet in the air when she felt a delicate hand reach out and one of her shirt buttons. Her eyes flashed open and it would be an understatement to say she was shocked.

Honestly, who wouldn’t be shocked to find a woman in lingerie, leaning over your quite recently found soulmate’s body?

__

This is short but trust me; the actual chapters will be a lot longer~

Please comment if you have anything (and I mean anything) to say! THANK YOU <3