Christmas Knot

My Daily Life Living With Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Hohoho~💮My Daily Life With Kim Jongin💮~Hohoho~

Christmas Special~ 

~Merry Christmas and Happy New Years~

💮

Sorry I'm 3 hours late, but I made a Christmas special thingy. Took 4, very, very long days. *Yawns because it's 3:00 and I just finished this chapter. 

7200+ words. Enjoy for my sake. Barely got any sleep cause of this... 

(Announcement at the end of Chapter)

💮

“Where’re you going for our Christmas break?” Jonghyun inquired, sprawled out on the couch lazily, watching an interesting channel on T.V.

“Visiting family.” Taemin instantly answered.

“He’s lying,” Kibum pointed out, allowing Jonghyun’s head to rest snuggly on his lap but paying more attention to his IPhone than the show. “He’s going to go spend the day with Jongin.” He teased.

Taemin’s mouth gaped opened as if he were offended, “Me? Lie? No.” He breathed out, a hand on his chest just to show how offended he was. “I would never.”

Minho got out of the kitchen, two bowls full of shrimp salad in his hands, “You mean like last time he told us he was visiting his family?”

The maknae was going to protest, but Kibum cut him off, “Exactly like last time,” He responded with a nod, reaching out to grab one of the bowls of greens from Minho. Before Taemin could throw a fit, he changed the subject, “Where’s Jinki?”

“I’m right here.” Jinki yawned as he walked out of a bedroom.

“You do realize you took a seven hour nap, right?” Minho mentioned, gesturing to the clock.

Jinki hopped in place, eyes wide, “What? Why didn’t you wake me up? I had to go to the gym at two!” He complained, running a hand through his bedridden hair and messing it up even more.

Jinki could take the longest afternoon naps in the world.

“You know you never go to the gym anyway.” Jonghyun spoke up, opening his mouth, pleading for Kibum to give him one of his shrimp. Instead, he got a mouthful of spinach.

Jinki sighed, but smiled his mistake off, “I’ll go tomorrow.”

Kibum responded with a sarcastic tone, “Mmm-hmm.” He placed some shrimp and greens in his mouth by fork.

Minho positioned himself on the couch, forcing Jonghyun to lift his legs and lay them on Minho’s lap. “But you’re really not going to be spending a bit of Christmas with us?” He questioned.

“No.” Taemin responded. He walked to the fridge to grab a water bottle, “Why would I? It’s not like we ever spend Christmas day together anyway.”

“Yeah, only because you never agree to it. We plan on watching a Christmas movie after Christmas.” Jonghyun mentioned, earning a bit of shrimp from Minho. “Spend a bit of time together.”

Taemin sat on the floor in front of the couch to watch T.V. with them, Jinki following suit, “I’m going to spend the day after Christmas Jongin.” He explained into his bottle, sipping on the soothing water.

Kibum scoffed, “You’re not spending Christmas day with Jongin?”

“I care about my family, you know.”

“Sure.” He mumbled with a roll of his eyes.

“The boy’s in love, you can’t blame him.” Minho pointed out, munching on shrimp.

Taemin grinned, “Exactly.” He said with a nod. “Speaking of naps, I’m going to go take one.”

“But it’s only seven and you promised to dance with me. Plus, don’t ruin your sleep schedule.” Kibum warned. Taemin almost forgot that he needed to dance with Kibum to 4Minute’s Crazy today, but that only gave him all the more reason to fall asleep.

“Kibum.” He whined, rubbing his eyes to appear tired and looked up at the older, “I’m sleepy. I’ve been dancing all day. It’s seven ‘o clock. Can’t we do it tomorrow?” Kibum’s sigh told Taemin everything he needed to know. The maknae’s pout turned into a smile, “Thank you, hyung!” He thanked in the sweetest voice he could muster.

“I could always dance with you if Taemin doesn’t want to.” Jonghyun suggested.

“We all know for a fact that you can’t dance for .” Kibum replied with a chuckle, finally feeding Jonghyun one of his shrimp.

“Have a nice rest!” Jinki waved off.

Minho added, “We’ll get you up in a few hours to get ready for the performance at ten.”

Taemin shook his head at his hyungs and walked into the room Jinki had just left. He slipped an extra pair of socks from his drawer onto his feet and fell onto the bed, finding he couldn’t sleep instantly. His mind was left to wander a bit. Mostly about how his and Jongin’s date would go.

But, there was a knot in his stomach that wouldn’t go away…

💮

“Nonsense!” Taemin shouted at his assistant, Luhan, who was getting out the Christmas decorations from their attic to decorate the office. “There will be none of that!”

“But- But Mr. Lee. It’s Christmas.” Luhan whined. “And- And I thought you’d be spending it with the rest of SHINee and-” The rest of Luhan’s complaints went through one ear and out the other.

Christmas. The day where it snowed and everyone had a fun time, giving to the poor, singing aloud and dancing, gifting to loved ones. Of course, Lee Taemin was not one of those people. Taemin did not have a fun time unless he included work which lead to money. He had no time to give to the useless poor or dance to those squawking like hawks in the streets. He especially wasn’t going to give gifts for no reason other than Christmas. Of course he’d be spending the day with the plentiful amount of posters of Kim Jongin hung up in his room, but that’s the only thing he’d ever do on during Christmas times.

“Get out of my office!” Taemin nearly screamed at Luhan, who scurried out the room with tears stinging his eyes.

If Christmas didn’t scream “gain money”, then there was no point to it.

Taemin grumbled things under his breath, an angry expression planted on his face at the mention of Christmas. “Nonsense.” A word that often came out of his mouth quite often, especially at this time of the year.

Taemin scrambled to get his papers organized, but quit when he remembered he had a meeting with someone soon. Stuffing the necessary papers into a near suitcase and shutting it, Taemin was ready to go and earn himself some more money. He was his own manager.

Taemin put on his heavy winter jacket and took a step outside into the cold. As soon as Taemin looked away from the door behind him, green and red lights filled his vision. Christmas… He thought to himself with an angry grunt.

Taemin skillfully maneuvered through the crowds of smiling people with gifts in their arms and hands in their hands. But, eventually a begger found his way to him.

“Hello sir, I was just wondering if you could donate-”

“Donate for what? Don’t have the time. I don’t have any money. Go away.” Taemin rushed him off like he was a homeless person asking for money.

💮

Taemin stopped in front of a building with a “Kim-Gold” on the front of it in big, shiny letters of gold. He tsked at it, recognizing it as gold paint and not actual gold. Fakers, trying to trick people into thinking they were that rich.

Holding himself in his arms to keep warm, Taemin walked inside the building where it instantly got warmer with a slight delightful smell of cookies.

He brushed off the snow that stuck to his winter jacket as he made his way to the counter, informing the dark skinned accountant who he was and was told Mr. Kim was waiting for him upstairs on the top floor in his office. She waved him off with a dreadful ‘Merry Christmas, Mr. Lee!’

The boy walked to the elevator, which was being held opened for him by another male. With a nod of thanks, Taemin stepped onto the elevator.

As soon as the doors closed, the only other person started talking, “Hello! I’m Jongdae, Mr. Kim’s assistant.” Urgh, small talk. Taemin pushed the button for the top floor.

“I have a meeting with Mr. Kim.” He tried put on a fake smile, but failed.

“I know, I overheard it while you were talking to Ms. Kema.” Jongdae said. This person was annoying. “Mr. Kim is looking forward to making the deal with you.”

How long was this elevator ride? “Interesting…” Taemin lied in a mumble, hoping that would end the conversation and give him his much needed silence.

But, of course, he had to start up a conversation again, this time with his eyes glued to his shoes and an uncomfortable tone, “So, how are you spending Christmas? With the rest of your group, I suppose?”

“No.” Taemin didn't grin or try to put on a friendly tone.

“Oh.” Jongdae pursed his lips together, as if trying to find another topic to talk about. Before he could think of one, the elevator doors opened. “I’ll lead you to his office.”

Taemin was going to protest, but Jongdae was already walking down the long hall. He forced himself to hold in a groan and trailed behind the taller male to Mr. Kim’s office. Once they got to the door, Jongdae offered to take Taemin’s coat, to which Taemin rejected and walked inside, closing the door before Jongdae could step in too.

“Taemin!” A cheery voice exclaimed. Planted inside the seat behind the desk was none other than Mr. Kim. “It’s good to see you again! Have a seat.” And every word that came out of his mouth pissed Taemin off.

Taemin sat himself down in the chair across from Mr. Kim’s desk, “Yes, yes, Mr. Kim. Well, let’s talk business, shall we?” He started, making himself comfortable, “How much money do you think we’ll be earning?”

Mr. Kim pouted, “I’m not old enough to be called Mr. Kim. Call me Minseok,” His annoying smile bounced back up, “And how about a normal conversation before talking about that. How’s your Christmas going to be?”

“Just fine.” With a sigh, Taemin tried to turn the conversation back, “Now, about that exchange…”

“Taemin, come on. Become more relaxed, no need to talk about that now.” Minseok advised, “Where’re you going to go on Christmas?”

“Nowhere.” Taemin responded.

“Well then what are you going to do?”

“Nothing.”

“Who’s been granted the gift of spending Christmas with you?”

“No one.”

“Plan on doing any small things? Donating? Gifting?”

“Nope.”

“Boy, where is your Christmas spirit?” Minseok exaggerated his question with a wide gesture of his arms. “Don’t you know those without a soul don’t go to heaven or hell in the afterlife?”

“You’re oddly straight forward, aren’t you?” Taemin hissed, “And I’m the one without a soul?”

Minseok rolled his eyes, “Obviously. You know, I have a friend who could-”

“I don’t care. I’ve had enough of you. I couldn’t care less on what you have to say or what you want me to do on Christmas. I just want to get this done and over with!” He barked. Apparently, that snapped Minseok back to the attention of their deal.

“Well,” Minseok started with an irritated tone, “Then let’s talk business.”

Not long after they had started their serious conversation on Taemin’s money gain, Taemin’s phone rang loudly in a pocket of his jacket. “Excuse me, Mr. Kim.” He mumbled taking it out of his jacket, sliding to answer, and putting it close to his ear. “Who is this?”

Taemin could hear cackling on the other side, “Kim Jongin.”

Even though the person on the line introduced himself as someone else, the way they spoke made it fairly obvious they were lying. “Jonghyun? What do you want?”

“Shoot.” There were low mumbles before Jonghyun spoke into the phone again, “Taemin! Listen, we know you hate Christmas and all but...”

Honestly, if it was anyone else but his friend, Taemin would’ve hung up at the word ‘Christmas’. “Spit it out already.” Taemin rushed, glancing at Mr. Kim, who was waiting patiently.

“Could you possibly spend this Christmas with us and our families?” Jonghyun pleaded. “We all know that you spend Christmas by yourself and it’s really depressing-”

By then, Taemin had hung up the phone, putting it back where it belonged, “Back to our deal.” He said to Minseok with a smile.

💮

“Why can’t you just leave me alone? I’m not spending the whole of tomorrow with you!” Taemin nearly yelled at his three friends.

“But tomorrow’s Christmas Eve, Taemin.” Jinki whined through his smile, “It’ll be different with you there!”

Taemin clenched his fists tightly, trying to refrain from yelling at his friends. “It’ll be the same if I’m there or not so leave me be on Christmas. I’ll spend a whole week with you as long as it’s not Christmas.”

“Why do you have to be so stubborn?” Kibum mumbled, turning around to take his leave through the door.

Minho locked a sorrowful look onto Taemin, “What’s wrong with Christmas, Taemin?”

“None of your business.” Taemin answered with a sigh clinging to his words.

They must’ve grown tired of the same thing every year because this time they didn’t try nearly as hard as the last. The other two walked out the door with their heads slightly hung in disappointment.

Taemin closed the door behind them and got ready to prepare himself coffee. (Usually, he’d drink hot chocolate, but it was a part of the holiday cheer). With two layers socks on his feet, Taemin shuffled into the kitchen and to the counters to grab a mug for himself.

“Well, that’s rather strange, isn’t it?” A voice from behind the wealthy boy asked.

In an instant, Taemin turned around to see who it was. His heart was racing because he swore he didn’t let anyone else in the house… “Who’s there?” He questioned, seeing nothing behind him but air. His eyes glanced around the room for the source of the voice.

Materializing out of nothing, a boy dressed in a stylish white outfit appeared in front of Taemin. Taemin was too frightened to move, nonetheless talk. The other must’ve figured it’d be of best choice if he spoke first, “Hello! I’m Zhang Yixing.” He introduced, a dimpled smile on his face.

“Who are you and what do you want? Get out before I call the police on you!” Taemin was panicking. Where exactly had this boy come from? What kind of tricks was his mind playing on him? What did he come here for?

“Oh, I’m sorry to intrude, but I couldn’t help but notice your lack of interest in Christmas.” Yixing explained. “Mostly your desire to stay alone during joyful times.”

“I don’t care! Get out!” Taemin commanded, more stern than last time.

“But what if I said that you could be living an eternity in neither heaven nor hell?” That smile was still on his face.

Taemin’s lips spread thin in anticipation. This man had just appeared out of thin air. What was there not to believe? “What are you?”

“I, Lee Taemin, am an Angel.” How did this person know his name?

“Nonsense!” Taemin couldn’t believe that, not for a second. “Whatever trick you’re trying to pull on me isn’t working so you’d better go.” Yixing chuckled at this, “Why are you laughing?”

“Usually, when I appear in front of someone, they’d believe me right away.” Yixing leaned in slightly closer, “Would you like some more proof?”

“What I’d love is for you to get out.”

His cheerful tone of voice never changed, “I’m going to take that as a yes.”

Suddenly, an odor of food wafted in from Taemin’s dining room. Taemin raised his nose in the air to take in more of the pleasant aroma. With his nose leading the way, he walked over to his giant dining table to see a feast that he never cooked.

“Wha- What?” Taemin stuttered, “Where did all of this come from?”

Yixing sat in one of the chairs, a fork and a knife in his hands. “Bon appetite.” He nodded, smiling at his work.

“I still don’t believe you. Where are your wings? Halo?” Taemin rose his eyebrows, waiting for the proof to be presented to him.

Yixing scratched the side of his face in embarrassment, “I still need to earn those.” He mumbled silently, “But that’s exactly why I’m giving you this chance to change.”

Taemin squinted his eyes at the so-called angel, “I don’t need to change.”

“Okay, when was the last time you donated to charity or complimented someone? Spent time or money for the joy of others instead of the joy of yourself?” Yixing questioned.

“Oh, and I bet you do these things all day every day.” Taemin muttered, rolling his eyes.

Yixing nodded, “I do most of the time.”

“You’re lying.”

Yixing stared straight into Taemin’s eyes, “I do compliment my friends on a daily basis. I’m an angel, so I have to give to the less fortunate.”

“Nonsense.” Taemin stated, crossing his arms. No one could be that nice.

Yixing sighed looking down to the food, “So you don’t want my help?”

“Hmm…” Well, if this person really was an angel, then surely he’d give him fortune. “What exactly do I need help with?” He inquired.

“I’m sorry, but you’re really selfish.” He blurted out as if saying it any faster would make it sound less offensive or rude. “And you don’t consider other’s feelings and- and-” He was stuck in a stutter.

Taemin glared at Yixing, “And what exactly could you do to make me any less selfish?”

After a deep breath Yixing spoke, “I’ll send you the three treasures.”

“Deal.” Taemin didn’t understand what treasure would do to make him any less selfish, but treasure equaled value and Taemin’s top value was in dollars.

“Well that was rather quick.” Yixing muttered under his breath. He raised his arm and snapped his fingers three times. “Well, expect a surprise at twelve.”

“What kind of treasure wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter