Bonus?

Novel

I heard you.

This is sort of like a bonus chapter. And that's it, no more for Novel.

Hope you'll like it. My fingers almost fell off.

 

---

 

It was one sunny weekend afternoon and their friends decided to catch a movie before having dinner together, to get rid of the stress they felt studying for their final exam. Taeyeon agreed to go because Tiffany was going if not she wouldn't give a damn. She wasn't interested in the movie anyway and she would rather stay home.

Tiffany turned up wearing a baby pink floral dress with matching pumps. It took Taeyeon’s breath away but she maintained her expressionless face and scoffed when their friends started praising Tiffany.

"New dress! Wow, it looks good on you!" Sooyoung said as she twirled Tiffany around to take a better look. "You're getting better at dolling yourself up."

"You look ugly in that."

Everyone looked at Taeyeon with daggers shooting out of their eyes while she shrugged.

"Just stating the fact. It's such a sweet color. It doesn't suit her."

"Yah! Why do you have to always pinpoint whatever I'm wearing or doing? What did I do to you exactly?!" Tiffany couldn't take it anymore and shouted.

She would've lunged at Taeyeon if not for Sooyoung holding her back. Just what was her problem?! She was already having a hard time trying to ease herself into the culture here, trying her best to communicate with her broken Korean and Taeyeon was just treating her like she was some trash or someone who's not worthy.

Taeyeon was surprised at the outburst because all these while Tiffany only ignored her and she thought she didn't want to talk to her. She took a step back subconsciously and gulped. The feisty attitude of hers turned her on. Are you a masochist or something? Get a grip!

Her gaze softened when she saw the glistening eyes. She felt a sharp pain in her chest and took a deep breath. She was about to apologize when Tiffany glared at her and ran away without a word.

"Kim Taeyeon." Sunny stepped forward and hit the back of her head. "What the hell were you trying to do?!"

"I-"

"Just what did she do wrong to deserve this? Why are you suddenly like that? I'm heading back. I'm in no mood for this." Sooyoung shook her head and walked away, the mood for movie and dinner gone because of what happened. She was disappointed in her friend.

"Taeng. You better apologize to Tiffany. Do you know she's been working very hard just because you've been making fun of her? How would you feel if you were in her shoes? Here we are trying so hard to make her feel comfortable since she came from America and you are doing the exact opposite." Sunny exhaled. "Please stop doing this? It's called bullying already, Taeng. You're not like that. I know you. Stop."

Sunny patted her shoulder and walked away, catching up with Sooyoung.

Taeyeon stood there, appalled. Did I hurt her that much? It was just.. I thought.. Sigh. Kim Taeyeon, that's not the way to treat someone you like isn't it?

Days after that Taeyeon stopped making fun of Tiffany and the latter ignored her and treated her like she wasn't there. They stayed that way until that night when Sooyoung asked if she could get the autograph for Tiffany. Taeyeon saw it as an opportunity to make it up for Tiffany so she took it. Who knew it started something unimaginable for Taeyeon. The best decision ever.

 

---

 

"Can't you guys keep your hands off each other for 2 hours?" Sooyoung glared at the couple across.

"Sorry." Tiffany sheepishly grinned and sat up straight, leaving Taeyeon’s embrace and settled with holding her hand.

Taeyeon pouted covered their interlocked hands with her other hand. She had been too busy with work and Tiffany just came back from her work trip. She missed her girlfriend so much and now the warmth was gone just because of her stick friend right across.

"Stop pouting Kim Taeyeon. You're too old for that. And don't make me barf before the food arrives." Sunny took a sip of water and folded her arms.

Tiffany turned to look at Taeyeon and almost gushed at the sight. How could she still look so adorable even after hitting the big three? She couldn't resist and kissed Taeyeon's cheek, the kiss lingering longer on her skin than usual. "2 hours, Taetae. And I'm all yours. We'll be home soon." She whispered into her girlfriend's ear and felt her shiver.

She chuckled and pulled back, turning her attention towards her friends and found them scowling at her. She shrugged and nonchalantly talked like none of it happened.

Taeyeon felt her ears burning and she took deep breaths to calm herself down. She wanted to pounce on Tiffany then and there but she knew she couldn't. At least not now. Such a torture.

 

---

 

They had just finished lunch with their friends and drove back to their apartment as soon as it ended. Taeyeon kept her cool right until they stepped into their apartment and closed the door with a thud. She turned Tiffany around, pinned her to the door and kissed her hard.

"Y-yah, slow.. down.." Tiffany said in between kisses as she reciprocated as eagerly, her hands in Taeyeon’s blonde locks.

"I missed you." Taeyeon sighed as she pressed her forehead against Tiffany's. She brought her hand up to Tiffany's cheek and caressed lightly, slightly panting.

"I missed you too." The eyesmile she loved appeared on the brunette’s face.

She wanted to lean in for another kiss but stopped when she felt a furball at her feet. She chuckled and took a step back, crouching down to pick up the excited dog. "Hey Ginger. Missed Mommy?" She brought the dog up to Tiffany's face and he started her face, conveying his longing.

"Aww, my boy. How've you been? Did you listen to Umma?" Tiffany cooed and rubbed her face to Ginger's. The dog barked and wagged his tail. "Good boy."

Taeyeon smiled as she watched the interaction between them. A year after they got together, Taeyeon suggested moving in together. It felt right. She wanted to wake up next to Tiffany. She wanted to end the day with Tiffany in her arms. She wanted to come home to her girlfriend.

And another year later, they felt it was time to expand their little family. None of them talked about marriage but they both knew they're in this for the long run. They weren't planning to go anywhere else but here, in each other's arms.

They went to the store and Taeyeon immediately fell in love with Ginger. Although he's black and they couldn't really make out his features, his puppy eyes caught their attention. Tiffany let Taeyeon decide everything and she would only comment whenever needed. Like the things Ginger would need- his bed, toys, food bowl, food and all.

Tiffany placed Ginger onto the floor and the dog ran towards his toys. She turned her attention back to Taeyeon and brought her closer with her arms around her neck.

"Where were we?" She smiled seductively.

"Bedroom. Now." Taeyeon took Tiffany's hands off her neck and pulled her towards their bedroom, with Tiffany's giggle echoing in the apartment.

Ginger's ears perked up and was about to run into the bedroom but stop in his tracks.

"Ginger, stay." Taeyeon said sternly, looking at the dog and pointed a finger at him before closing the door.

Ginger rubbed his ear and shook his head, as if knowing what would happen behind that closed door. He went back to chewing on his toy, ignoring the sighs of pleasure that came out from the bedroom shortly after.

 

---

 

"Happy 5th anniversary." Taeyeon leaned forward and kissed Tiffany on the lips.

"Happy 5th." Tiffany smiled into the kiss and caressed Taeyeon's cheek. "What did you plan for today?"

Tiffany had been looking forward to this day. Ever since they got together, Taeyeon would always have something up her sleeve every anniversary. She wanted to plan something for them but Taeyeon always rejected her offer, saying that she's the one in-charge of their anniversary and Tiffany could plan for her birthday instead.

"Nothing." Taeyeon grinned.

"Nothing?" Tiffany repeated, leaning away from Taeyeon.

"Nothing. I just want to lie here and cuddle with you." She pulled Tiffany closer and gently pressed her head to the crook of her neck.

Tiffany snuggled closer and fit her head under Taeyeon's chin. She let out a sigh of content after finding a comfortable spot. She was surprised Taeyeon had nothing planned but at the same time she was glad. It had indeed been a while since they last cuddled like this, with nothing in mind.

Taeyeon tightened her hold and kissed the crown of Tiffany's head.

"Do you still remember how I annoyed you back then?"

She could feel Tiffany's smile on her skin and she smiled along, feeling nostalgic all of a sudden.

"Of course. How could I not? Years of torture, Taeyeon."

"Well, only the first few years were bad. I toned down after that."

"Excuses. They were just as bad." Tiffany chuckled when she remembered what Taeyeon did.

"I remember you cried when I said you look ugly in pink." Taeyeon laughed.

"That wasn't the reason why I cried okay! You were so mean to me!" She playfully punched Taeyeon’s abdomen.

"You know I did it out of love, right?"

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Love my ."

"That I do." Taeyeon cheekily d her and squeezed.

"Y-yah!" Tiffany jumped and scooted away from Taeyeon. She looked up to see Taeyeon's innocent face and laughed. "I swear you can get away with anything using that child-like face of yours."

"You know it." Taeyeon crawled towards Tiffany and pinned her to the couch, hovering over her. "I love you."

"Meh." Tiffany shrugged.

"Yah!" Taeyeon tickled her side and she squirmed, trying to get away from her.

"Okay, okay! I surrender!" An eyesmile. "I love you too."

 

---

 

"Have you packed?" Tiffany sat beside Taeyeon as the latter shifted to make more space.

"Hm. I did while you're at work." Taeyeon put her arm around Tiffany's shoulder as the brunette's hands went around her waist.

"Thank you." She kissed her cheek and snuggled against her shoulder.

"Are you excited?"

"Are you kidding? Of course!"

Taeyeon winced at the loud volume and smiled, bringing Tiffany closer. "I can't wait either. It's gonna be so fun."

They planned a trip to Bali, sort of like a romantic getaway. They placed Ginger in Sunny's care for the time being. It was their first trip out as a couple, after the trip with their friends last year.

"It's going to be relaxing for sure. But fun? Are you planning to play water sports or something?"

"Nope. I meant bedroom type of fun. There's even a private pool in the villa." Taeyeon laughed and squirmed as Tiffany pinched her side.

"Can you not?"

"I love you too." She grinned and kissed her.

 

---

 

The weather at Bali was great. Tiffany went sunbathing whenever she could at the beach and Taeyeon would stick with her like glue whenever that happens. Tiffany in bikini attracted a lot of unwanted attention and she wanted to be there to fend those men off. She chose to stick with a tank top and shorts.

Tiffany ignored Taeyeon's protests and wore bikini out because she wanted to get a nice tan. She knew how possessive Taeyeon was but it's not like the men around could do anything to her. She had always politely turned down any advances made towards her. And Taeyeon should know better than to doubt her, or herself for that matter. It was obvious where she stood.

She felt Taeyeon's arms around her waist and she leaned back, placing her hand atop Taeyeon's. She closed her eyes and savoured the moment. They were in the balcony of their villa that overlooked the horizon.

The view was breathtakingly beautiful but she found the person in her embrace more enticing. She gave her cheek a peck, and descended down to her neck. She felt Tiffany tilting her head to give her more access and stifled a smile. She placed open mouth kisses down to her shoulder. She felt Tiffany shivering and tightened the hold on her waist.

"You are so beautiful, you know that?" Taeyeon mumbled as she continued nibbling on Tiffany's pulse point earning a soft moan. Tiffany pried Taeyeon's arms off her waist and turned her body, facing Taeyeon now.

She brought her hands to Taeyeon's shoulder and locked her hands behind her neck, bringing her closer. Taeyeon crashed their lips together as she gently caressed the skin beneath Tiffany's oversized t-shirt.

After a heavy make-out session, they finally pulled apart, both panting. Tiffany stole a peck on her girlfriend's lips before she rested her forehead on Taeyeon's. She opened her eyes and saw the dreamy look on her girlfriend's face that she was sure mirrored her own.

She broke into a wide smile, happy to see Taeyeon's lovestruck face and having the ability to make her feel like that.

"What would I do without you?" She whispered lovingly and caressed Taeyeon's cheek, staring deep into her eyes.

She felt so whole, so complete. She couldn't live without Taeyeon now that she realized it. She appeared on her mind no matter what she's doing. She could be having a meeting and suddenly giggled because she remembered how dorky her girlfriend was the night before. She could be having lunch with her colleagues but she thought of how sweet Taeyeon was to cook her dinner despite being frustrated with not having any inspiration to write. She thought of the seemingly small yet meaningful gestures everyday. Taeyeon surprised her with her attentiveness even after all these years.

She thought of how blissful she felt after Taeyeon came into her life and something suddenly clicked in her. She didn't want to separate from Taeyeon. She wanted to wake up next to Taeyeon every day. She wanted to make sure Taeyeon wouldn't go anywhere even after a big fight. She needed to know Taeyeon would be with her. Forever.

She broke the hug and took a step back, making Taeyeon's hands drop to her side. Taeyeon frowned at the gesture and tilted her head to take a good look at her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Taeyeon gently brushed her thumb across Tiffany's cheek, looking at her with concern.

"I-I.. Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand and pressed it harder against her cheek. "I can't live without you."

Taeyeon was surprised at the sudden confession but Tiffany could see how happy she was, judging by the genuine smile on her face- just like a kid who had just received the biggest present ever.

"I can't live without you either, you know. You're like my oxygen. I'd die without you." Taeyeon took step forward and kissed Tiffany's forehead, her eyes twinkling with happiness.

Tiffany took a deep breath and exhaled as she took hold of both of Taeyeon's hand. The latter felt her hands shaking and was about to ask but got silenced by Tiffany's lips.

"Let me finish."

She smiled knowingly and nodded, urging her girlfriend to continue. She knew how difficult it was to start showing appreciation and got interrupted halfway. She knew Tiffany wasn't comfortable with being cheesy and speaking what's on her mind so she'd gladly shut up and let her continue, risking her toes and fingers falling off due to the massive cheese she's gonna receive. Not that she's complaining though.

"I haven't got anything ready, and I'm not sure if you are comfortable with the idea, and- and I-" Another deep breath. "H-how do you feel about forever, Taeyeon-ah? With m-me?"

Tiffany avoided Taeyeon's gaze and looked at their hands instead. She was feeling so shy and wasn't confident about the last minute plan she came up with. Damn, I should have thought it through. That wasn't exactly smooth.

Taeyeon thought she had heard wrongly. Did she just..

"Fany-ah." She called out softly. "Are you.. are you proposing? That's what it means right? You're asking me to marry you?"

Tiffany thought it was still too fast to talk about marriage and wanted nothing but to bury herself somewhere to save herself from the embarrassment. Her cheeks were flushed as blood kept pumping towards her face and ears. She had never done this before, being so bold. It was new to her and surprisingly she didn't dislike it.

After getting no reply from Tiffany, Taeyeon lifted Tiffany's chin and almost laughed at the expression on her face. It was a mix of nervousness, embarrassment and the usual confidence Tiffany had was gone.

She cupped her cheeks and kissed her with all she's got. The response she got from Tiffany was timid, restrained even. She pulled away slightly, still with her eyes closed.

"Yes," she paused. "Yes I'll marry you, Fany-ah. There's nowhere else I'd rather be than right here, with you."

Tiffany opened her eyes, feeling overwhelmed with what she's feeling right now. Taeyeon followed suit after sensing her -now- fiancée gazing at her. She saw the glistening eyes and smiled lovingly.

"I've never loved someone as much as I love you. It scares me at times."

"I don't know about that because all my life there's only you. Please don't ever leave me? I'm not joking when I said I'd die without you." Taeyeon softly pleaded.

"Silly, I'm not going anywhere." Tiffany pulled Taeyeon into a bone-crushing hug, showing her she meant what she said.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, fiancée."

 

---

 

Thank you for all of your comments, upvote and subscription. I am more than glad to receive feedback from you guys, if any. Feel free to tell me what you think/feel! Would be good to have criticisms too to improve my writing or what not. (:

To all the singles out there, don't worry, you are not alone. XD

Till then.

-E

 

Edit: You can download the PDF here.