Final

Novel

Kim Taeyeon, also known as T2, was the author of the best-selling novel for the past month in Korea. None of her friends knew she was the author of the novel. It was funny how as an editor of Rainbow Publishing that she started writing her own book.

 

It all started when she carelessly left her draft between the edited book and submitted it to her boss. She thought she made a mistake when her boss asked her into his room, but got a shock of her life when he waved her draft in the air with a grin on his face. She apologized immediately, reaching out to take back the stack of papers when her boss shook his head and moved his hand further away from Taeyeon.

 

"Taeyeon, from now onwards, I want you to become an author under Rainbow Publishing. I read your work and I know it'll be a big hit. Never knew you had it in you, Taeyeon-ah. I'm so pleased. Your job now is to write more." Mr. Joon smiled, taking out a brown envelope from his drawer and gave it to Taeyeon. "This is the contract. Let me know if you need anything else. It's open for discussion."

 

And that was how she became an author. She loved writing since high school. She kept the stories she wrote in a box in the wardrobe and would occasionally flip through them to relive the moments, and at the same time laugh at her immature writing. Of course, given the opportunity by Mr. Joon, she requested that her identity be kept a secret and would only be known as T2 to the public. It was like she's living two lives, having two identities. In the company she's known as the author T2 whereas outside the company, she's Kim Taeyeon, senior editor.

 

She had three books out in the market and she's currently writing her fourth. So far the readers loved her novels and she's glad to finally share whatever she had written to the public. It was like an indirect confession to the person she liked- or probably love. She's not embarrassed to say that she imagined herself as the male lead in her novels so she could be with the girl she's in love with. Who knows, right? She could be whoever she wanted in fiction, and that's probably why she loved writing that much.

 

Since high school, she's been in love with the same person. She tried, she really tried getting over her but she just couldn't. She's stuck. There's no way she could go forward, and there's no way to go backwards. The girl was Tiffany Hwang. The person who hated her guts the most, the person she quarrelled with since high school, the person she loved the most.

 

It was a mistake on Taeyeon's part. She was like a typical high school kid, making fun and picking fights with the person she's interested in. And so she always laughed at Tiffany's pronunciation since the girl was from America, laughed at the way she dressed, laughed at almost everything. She poked fun at Tiffany whenever she could. It was a miracle she's still alive and kicking at the age of 26, considering the fact that Tiffany might just kill her one day. Their friends didn't understand why Taeyeon always fought with Tiffany since it had never happened before. They would always try to stop the fight or prevent Taeyeon from saying something harsh.

 

And when they went to college, Tiffany changed. She became more fluent in Korean, she dressed fashionably, mostly revealing her honey thighs or shoulder, and she was one of the most gorgeous students in their college. Guys asked her out and she went out on dates, rendering Taeyeon speechless. It hurt to see her smiling and laughing with other guys but she knew she'd never be the cause of that smile. She couldn't even remember the last time Tiffany smiled at her. The only time she could see her smile was when Taeyeon kept quiet and their friends were the ones talking to Tiffany. She put herself in this difficult position and it was all her fault. She was young and childish. She could've handled it better but it was all too late now.

 

But one thing she was proud of was that Tiffany was a fan of her works. She wanted to tell her friends that she's the author Tiffany admired so much but she couldn't. Not like anyone would believe her anyway, unless she showed them her draft. It was refreshing to see Tiffany gushing about the novels with her friends. She always watched her with a small smile on her face. At least she did something right this time round. The story of Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang would go on for as long as she's an author, for as long as there are still readers out there who shared all her happiness and sadness, for as long as Tiffany's still in her heart.

 

---

 

"Have you guys seen the new book by T2? I finished the book in two days! It was soooo good!" Tiffany clapped and took out the newest book Taeyeon had written.

 

She sat at the other end of the table and Tiffany was far from her reach since her friends knew they didn't get along well. She felt a sense of accomplishment and relief when she saw how excited Tiffany was. Afterall, she continued writing for the sake of Tiffany because she loved it so much. It was probably the only time Taeyeon caused that bright smile on her face.

 

"Taeng, aren't you the editor of the publishing company? Rainbow? Can't you like get the autograph of the author and give it to Fany?" Sooyoung asked, hoping to get the two of them into good terms.

 

All of them found it weird that despite the both of them having extreme dislike towards each other, they didn't mind being in the same place together, or having meals together. It was really strange.

 

"Oh right! You can get Fany that signature and she'll be over the moon." Sunny clapped and looked at the girl in question with hopeful eyes. I hope you know what to reply, Taeng. Don't mess this great opportunity up. Isn't it tiring to be fighting since high school?

 

"Uh, okay. I can try. You wanna pass me all your books?" Taeyeon addressed Tiffany straight, looking at her. Autograph? Piece of cake. I'll even add in a small heart beside your name. Maybe even a number. She almost sniggered at the thought.

 

Tiffany was surprised it didn't take Taeyeon too long to agree to help her. It's weird that she didn't reject. What happened to Kim Taeyeon? The Kim Taeyeon who'd make her life a living hell? Had she changed? Were they finally going to behave like normal friends?

 

Tiffany didn't blame Taeyeon for laughing at her since high school. She just couldn't figure out why Taeyeon always annoyed her and only her. It’s not like she did something to provoke the girl. The latter just started to annoy the hell out of her one day, the seemingly unique and adorable things to Taeyeon's eyes became unbearable and sickening for some reason.

 

She often wondered why Taeyeon didn't ask her friends to kick her out of their group, since she obviously disliked her so much. Slowly but surely she got used to the way the both of them communicated to each other. At times Tiffany even felt that bickering with Taeyeon made her day brighter somehow. She couldn't wrap her fingers around it but it just felt like that's the way they roll.

 

"Oh. Okay. I'll pass them to you," she paused, "thanks."

 

A faint blush crept up Taeyeon's cheeks when Tiffany smiled at her. That was the first direct smile after so many years! She never knew how much of an advantage it would be when the person you like, liked your books. Hell yeah I'm renewing that contract.

 

She shrugged and took a sip of water, hiding her nervousness. Damn it, the smile is deadly.

 

Their friends around the table glanced at each other and smiled. It was a small yet significant step towards bringing their friends together.

 

---

 

"I can't believe he did that!" Tiffany cried out as she slammed the empty glass onto the table.

 

Sunny flinched as the poor glass connected with the table.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that, Fany-ah. But you have to stop drinking. I don't have the strength to bring you back." Sunny looked at her friend worriedly and held her hand, giving it a light squeeze.

 

"He should have done it somewhere else! Why did I have to see that?! It hurts so much!" Tiffany sobbed. "It hurts so much..."

 

Another round of shots came and Tiffany reached out for the shot glass, the rim off of salt before she tipped her head back and gulped the liquor down, slamming the glass down yet again. She then wiped her tears using the back of her hand, grimacing at the burn and bitterness before placing her forehead against the table. She was tired. So tired.

 

"Yah, don't lie on the table like that!" Sunny reached over to poke Tiffany's shoulder and shook her head. Her friend was going to have a hard time tomorrow morning, the hangover and all.

 

"Hey."

 

Sunny turned to see Taeyeon standing there awkwardly with her hands in the pocket, looking at Tiffany then at her.

 

"Finally. You brought your car right?"

 

Sunny was relieved to see Taeyeon. She was the only one who lived nearby and with a car. She knew how much her friend disliked Tiffany but she didn't have to ask the second time the moment she told Taeyeon what happened. Perhaps Taeyeon didn't dislike Tiffany that much?

 

"Yes. Is she okay?" Taeyeon sat down at the other side of Tiffany with a frown on her face.

 

Sunny shrugged and looked at the girl lying on the table, seemingly unconscious. "Might have passed out."

 

"How much did she drink?" Taeyeon eyed the empty shot glasses on the table and bit the bottom of her lip.

 

Tiffany was not one to drink too much alcohol at one go. The most she did was social drinking, and her alcohol tolerance was the highest amongst them all so it was unlikely that she'd get drunk.

 

"Third round."

 

Taeyeon raised a brow and look at Sunny. "Why didn't you stop her?"

 

"I tried. You know how stubborn she is."

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and stood up. "Come on, let's get her back home. It's getting late."

 

She stood next to Tiffany, bent down a little and pulled Tiffany's arm over her shoulders to support her up. Sunny went to the other side and did the same. The girl was dead drunk.

 

"Come on Fany. We're going home." Sunny said softly into Tiffany's ear and slowly walked out with Taeyeon.

 

---

 

Taeyeon volunteered to stay at Tiffany's to make sure everything will be fine. Sunny thought it was a great opportunity since Taeyeon was hardly this nice to Tiffany, so she went home herself.

 

"Call me if anything happens, okay?" Sunny stood at the door and reminded Taeyeon again.

 

"I will. Don't worry. I won't kill her." Taeyeon tried to joke.

 

"Not funny. Take good care of her." Sunny waved and walked away.

 

Taeyeon closed the door and walked back to Tiffany's room. She sat at the edge of the bed and looked at the girl sleeping peacefully. She had never seen Tiffany asleep. Heck, she didn't even get to see her face up close like that.

 

She brushed the bangs away from Tiffany's eyes and took a good look at her features. Tiffany's a very beautiful girl. Her thick eyebrows, her long eyelashes, her round and big eyes, her button nose and lips of the right thickness.

 

"You are so beautiful, you know that? That jerk doesn't know what he's letting go of. Don't be upset." She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

 

"There are a lot of people vying to stand beside you, to become an important part of your life, to love you and cherish you. And I am one of them. I'm glad you're asleep now and probably wouldn't be listening to what I am saying or am about to say so it's kind of good for me, huh?" She chuckled and brushed a finger across Tiffany's cheek.

 

"I like you, Fany-ah. I've liked you since high school. I made fun of you and annoyed the hell out of you because I wanted your attention. I wanted you to think that I'm different. I guess it kind of worked huh? Look at us. We're still friends, well kind of. We don't talk to each other even though we hangout but still..." Taeyeon smiled bitterly.

 

"It hurts to see you going out on dates but I guess I have to it up, right? I mean, what can I do? Look at me. I can only tell you how I feel when you're asleep, and probably too drunk to wake up to my blabbers. I've tried to move on but I couldn't. I keep coming back to you and I don't even know why. Why are you holding onto my heart like that? You didn't even have to do anything! What kind of sorcery..." She trailed off as Tiffany snuggled deeper into the blanket and it was so adorable that it broke Taeyeon's train of thoughts.

 

She smiled to herself and pulled the blanket higher to cover Tiffany better. "Good night, Fany-ah. I..." She took a deep breath and leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on Tiffany's forehead. "I love you."

 

She blushed immediately after her bold action and stood up hastily, half running out of Tiffany’s room. What the hell, Kim Taeyeon! You just took advantage of your friend while she’s asleep! She shook her head and sat on the sofa, still grinning. If only she could do that to Tiffany even with her being sober. If only...

 

---

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes lazily and groaned, stretching and cracking a few joints. She never liked sleeping on a couch as it always made her back ache. She sat up and stretched further, cracking even more joints. After a good stretch, she huffed and went into the bathroom to wash up. She had never been to Tiffany's place so she didn't dare explore her place without her permission, but she knew where the bathroom was and rummaged through the cabinets to find a new toothbrush.

 

She opened the fridge after washing up and made a hearty breakfast for Tiffany. She knew how hangover can be such a at times and Tiffany wasn't exactly a morning person. When she was done, she contemplated if she should wake the girl up but thought better of it.

 

What would she say if she stepped in and Tiffany's awake? She couldn't say that Sunny forced her to stay, and at the same time she couldn't say that she volunteered to stay. It just wasn't her to be like that. After much thought, she decided to just leave a note and get out of there. She found a post-it pad and pen on the coffee table and started writing:

 

'Hey

I made some breakfast. Heat it up when you feel like eating. I also found a few painkillers in your drawer. Take them if it's too unbearable.

Sorry for rummaging through your fridge and cabinets.

Take care.

Taeyeon'

 

"That should do it." Taeyeon muttered to herself and placed the post-it on the kitchen table, right beside the plate of American breakfast.

 

She took one last look around to make sure she didn't leave anything behind before walking out the apartment and closing the door behind her.

 

---

 

"Urgh." Tiffany huffed as she opened her puffy eyes, blinking a few times to let her brain boot up. Her head throbbed and hurts.

 

She slowly went about her morning routine, making sure not to make too much noise to worsen her headache. She knew she shouldn't have drank so much, but it was the only way she knew that would numb the pain. She felt the same pang when she thought of the reason why she went drinking in the first place.

 

It was like a scene from some sappy drama. Her boyfriend -now ex- was supposed to be back the next day from his business trip so Tiffany, being the sweet and loving girlfriend, decided to clean his place up before he came back. She took the extra keys under the carpet and opened the door.

 

Nothing was amiss so she went about taking out the cleaning supplies but a soft moan caught her attention. She thought she was hallucinating so she stopped whatever she was doing and then it hit her. It was indeed what she had heard. She thought it might be the neighbour but went to check the bedroom anyway.

 

What she witnessed made her realize how upsetting it really was catching her boyfriend cheating on her with another girl. Tears filled her eyes the moment she registered what was going on. The girl gasped when she saw Tiffany standing at the bedroom door, the guy rolled off her and his eyes widened when he saw Tiffany.

 

"Tiff..." He grabbed his boxers and slipped it on, preparing to run to Tiffany.

 

She held out a hand and glared at him, stopping all his movements. "Don't you even dare."

 

She glanced at him, then at the girl who was trying her best to cover up whatever she could with the pillow.

 

"We're thorough." She spat and ran out of the house.

 

She was hurt so badly, walking while crying and earning weird looks from other people but she didn't care. She called Sunny out and headed to the nearest bar she could find. She needed to numb this pain, she needed to find a release. And what happened afterwards was a blur.

 

Tiffany rubbed her eyes and was on her way to the fridge to grab a drink when something on the dining table caught her attention. She did a double take to make sure the plate of breakfast was on the table. She walked over and peeled the post-it off.

 

She read the contents and widened her eyes when she saw who the person signed off as.

 

"Taeyeon?" She whispered.

 

Wasn't she with Sunny last night? When did Taeyeon appear? Why was she the one who stayed? She stayed throughout the night? Where did she sleep? Did she even sleep? How? Why? What? There were tons of questions running through Tiffany's mind but she found herself touched by Taeyeon's gesture. Maybe, just maybe, they could be friends for real?

 

---

 

"And you left just like that?!"

 

"What? I made sure she didn't choke on her vomit or what not alright. I even made her breakfast and brought out her painkillers! I think I did well." Taeyeon nonchalantly took a sip of water. "Plus it's not like she's appreciative of it or anything. She didn't even say 'thank you' and not even a text."

 

Sunny reduced her eyes to slits and stared at Taeyeon. Was that a... pout she saw?

 

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon."

 

"What?"

 

"Something smells fishy."

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue. "I'm not a fishmonger."

 

Sunny suddenly grinned and Taeyeon didn't like that look on her face. She darted her eyes around and took another sip of water.

 

"Kim Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon." Sunny shook her head and repeated her name over and over again, crossing her arms and leaning back to the seat.

 

"Yah, stop it."

 

Sunny gave a knowing smile and shrugged, changing the subject. She had already gotten what she wanted anyway.

 

Too childish, Kim Taeyeon.

 

---

 

She was in a meeting when her phone vibrated. She glanced over and stopped spinning the pen in her hand. She dropped the pen and reached out for her phone, still in disbelief.

 

'Tiffany Hwang'

She immediately slide her phone to unlock it, reading the text sent by the girl she had been thinking of.

 

'Hi Taeyeon. Was just wondering if you are free for dinner tonight? My treat to thank you for taking care of me when I was drunk.'

 

She reread the text over and over again, failing to contain her smile as it got wider and wider. Tiffany just asked her out! Just the two of them! When was the last time she texted Taeyeon? Probably on her birthday which was almost half a year ago. Guess it was the right decision to stay with her that night.

 

'Sure. I'm free. Do you have somewhere in mind? I'll come get you.'

 

'I do have a place in mind. Okay, I'll text you the address of my office? I'll see you at... say 6:30?'

 

'See you (:'

 

She would've done a celebratory dance if not for her being in a meeting. She was bored out of her wits and was glad Tiffany's text distracted her for at least 15 minutes. Now she can't wait for evening time to come so she could go out on a date with Tiffany. It might just be a friendly lunch for the girl but to Taeyeon, it was a date- one that Tiffany had initiated. God knows how elated she's feeling right now.

 

Since Tiffany's single, maybe she could try to win her over? It would take a lot of determination and maybe a few more heartbreaks but she wanted to try. She didn't want to see Tiffany crying over men who didn't realize how precious she was, men who didn't treat her like a princess, men who stupidly cheated on the best thing on earth.

 

She wasn't sure how Tiffany would react to the drastic change, but she was going to make things right. To at least be on talking terms with her, to apologize for the things she had done, to be by her side no matter what. She was tired of seeing men not treating Tiffany right. She shouldn't be going through so many heartbreaks, she should be pampered, she should be given whatever she wanted, she should be loved like she was a priceless masterpiece. To Kim Taeyeon, Tiffany Hwang was worth it all. And she was ready and willing to give her everything.

 

---

 

"Thanks for coming to get me," said Tiffany as she settled in the car. This was her first time in Taeyeon's car- well, that time when she was drunk didn't count.

 

"No worries. Where to?" Taeyeon asked as she made sure Tiffany was all buckled up before she stepped on the accelerator.

 

"Just follow my lead. It's just a few blocks away from here." She smiled at Taeyeon and started navigating.

 

Taeyeon's heart did flip flops when Tiffany showed that beautiful smile of hers. Why didn't she change the way she behaved so she could get to see more of the smile?

 

"Oh, right!" Taeyeon reached out to the backseat while stopping at the red light to grab a paper bag. She handed it to Tiffany, smiling. "Here, the autographed books."

 

"Wh-wha? But I haven't passed you mine yet!" Tiffany sounded surprised, holding onto the paper bag tightly, unwilling to open it.

 

"There are tons of books lying around in the office. It doesn't matter." She shrugged.

 

"Thank you!" Tiffany beamed as she held the bag close to her heart. "Can I open them now?"

 

"S-sure, of course."

 

Tiffany squealed as she flipped open the three books, the first page of the book was autographed and there's even a heart!

 

"Look! There's a heart!" She showed Taeyeon the autograph and pointed at the small heart beside her name. "She drew a heart! Ohmygod."

 

Taeyeon chuckled at the fangirl. If she had known a small heart could do this, she would've filled up the whole page with hearts.

 

And that was how it started, close to 10 years later. A new friendship was formed.

 

---

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany had been hanging out often, with the latter telling her how she felt after reading the books by T2. Taeyeon took the feedback and comments seriously as she was writing for Tiffany. Nobody else mattered but Tiffany. It was their story afterall, she wanted it to go on for as long as it could.

 

She felt herself falling deeper for Tiffany and honestly she didn't think it was possible. The new found knowledge ever since they became talking-terms-friends multiplied by the megawatt smile that was caused by her equals to Taeyeon’s heart beating out of her chest every time the two of them met.

 

The way she laughed at Taeyeon's lame jokes, the way she covered when she's laughing with the mouth open, the way she beams at anything pink, the way she baby-talked to any animal she saw, the way she bite her lips when in doubt, the way her voice gradually increased the moment she gets extremely excited, the way she breaks into a song randomly as they were driving towards their destination, the way she embarrassingly -yet cutely- danced and lip synced to pop songs in the shop, the way she orders too much food even though she knew she couldn't finish, the way she linked their arms together… she couldn't get Tiffany out of her mind.

 

There were a couple of times where she wanted to just confess to Tiffany but it wasn't right. It didn't seem like the right time. She didn't want to ruin anything they had, especially since now that they're so close to each other. It was like a dream come true for Taeyeon for she could be attentive towards Tiffany without the others finding it weird. Although their friends found it a little strange when the both of them stepped into the restaurant laughing and talking, and that was a few weeks after Tiffany asked Taeyeon out for dinner.

 

Their friends were pleasantly surprised by what they saw and it was a relief for them, to be honest. After years of being careful around the two of them, they could finally converse as per normal and not to be on their toes every single time. Nobody questioned it lest the two of them find it awkward.

 

---

 

Taeyeon threw her keys on the table and placed her takeaway food on the coffee table. She went into her bedroom to change into more comfortable clothes, tied her hair into a loose bun and went back the living room, switching on the television as she sat crossed legged on the couch. She opened her Chinese takeaway and started to eat as she changed channels.

 

Tiffany was out of the country for work and it was only day 3 but Taeyeon felt so empty. She couldn't ask Tiffany out for dinner, a movie or to walk around the mall. That was something she had been doing for the past year.

 

She was just about the take another bite of her noodles when the television caught her attention. She was now at the news channel when she heard the word 'Taiwan'. Isn't that where Fany is? What is this news...

 

Her eyes widened when she saw what the news was about, and her jaw slackened, the noodles dropping out of back to the container. Earthquake... there was an earthquake!

 

She placed the takeout box harshly on the table and fumbled with her bag, getting her phone out as fast as she could. She couldn't care about the international call fee, all she wanted and needed now was to know that Tiffany's okay. Her heart was racing when the third call was left ignored. Pick up your phone! Dammit, Fany! Where are you?! Are you okay?!

 

She bit her lip as she dialed again and again, all her calls unanswered. She sent multiple texts to Tiffany, asking her to call back as soon as she can. Taeyeon was worried sick! She didn't like this feeling of not being next to Tiffany when things happen. She felt useless since she can do nothing now. It'd be pointless to book the earliest flight to Taiwan to ship the girl back herself, as much as she wanted to do that. Tiffany might just blow her top.

 

She clutched onto her phone and kept her eyes on the news in case there were any updates to the situation in Taiwan. She searched for pictures online and it looked quite bad. She lost all her appetite. How could she still eat when Tiffany was still out there, her safety unknown?

 

---

 

"Keep your phone switched on at all times okay? And remember to grab your phone out if it ever happens again. Gave us a scare when we couldn't find you just now."

 

"Yes, Oppa, I will remember. Sorry for making you worried." Tiffany bowed slightly.

 

"Don't worry about it. Go on, get some rest. It's been a long day." Her senior patted her arm lightly and went into his room two doors down hers.

 

She sighed and shook her head slightly. She had never encountered an earthquake in her life and she panicked the moment the whole room started shaking. She thought she was feeling unwell until she saw her cup of coffee shaking too. The announcement came on and they were told to evacuate out of the building as fast as possible using the fire exit. She rushed out of her room, taking the room key with her and nothing else.

 

They all gathered at ground level and she could still feel her world shaking, although it felt better when she's on the ground. At least the building wouldn't collapse on her... well unless the ground she's stepping on crumbles. She felt scared but didn't want to show it. She looked around and saw people talking on the phone or at least trying to get through to the other person. She regretted not bringing her phone down to contact her colleagues who were in the trip together with her. There were too many people around her and she couldn't speak Mandarin. Even if she had her phone with her, who could she call? Her parents in the States? Her friends back in Korea? She didn't want them to worry, although she bet this was all over the news.

 

After what seemed like a few hours, it was finally clear to head back to the hotel. She waited for people to disperse and for them to head in first before she did so herself. There she saw her senior standing at the lobby with a worried expression. She approached him and got scolded for being uncontactable. They thought she was injured or was still in her room sleeping through all the commotion.

 

She flopped down on the bed and reached out for her phone, unlocking it and got the shock of her life when she saw 180 missed calls, with 30 of those from her colleagues, 23 of those from her friends and family, and lastly 127 missed calls from Taeyeon. There were also a massive amount of unread texts but that could wait. 127 missed calls from Taeyeon! Did something happen? She immediately redialed.

 

---

 

She almost dropped the phone when it started ringing. Glancing at the caller name, she immediately accepted the call.

 

"Fany-ah, are you okay? Are you hurt? Where were you? Why didn't you pick up the calls? I saw the news. Are you okay? Did anything happen to you?" Taeyeon started bombarding Tiffany with questions. She could finally calm down after hearing her voice.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, I'm okay. Sorry I missed your calls. We had to evacuate and I didn't bring my phone with me." Tiffany didn't miss the slight sigh at the end of Taeyeon’s questions. She could sense from Taeyeon's tone that she was worried sick and she felt guilty for causing that.

 

"That's okay, as long as you're fine. Please be on high alert? I don't know if there will be another earthquake but hopefully not… still, take care of yourself?"

 

"I will, don't worry. My colleagues will keep a lookout for me. Thanks Taeyeon, and sorry for keeping you worried for..." Tiffany paused to look at the clock but gasped at the time. She didn't realize it was already this late! "Yah, it's already so late why are you still up?!"

 

Taeyeon could only laugh. How adorable can this girl get, seriously? "You just realized the time? You didn't notice before calling me?"

 

"I didn't... I saw 127 missed calls from you and thought something might have happened to you so I didn't really take note."

 

Taeyeon's heart fluttered when Tiffany said she was worried about her. She was the first person she called, not even her family... her, Kim Taeyeon. She grinned at that thought.

 

"Anyway it's late, go get some sleep. You must have been scared and helpless. I'll talk to you again alright? Status report every day, Hwang Miyoung. No excuses."

 

Taeyeon's lips twitched when she heard Tiffany laughing. She could imagine her eyes that curved up along with that adorable smile.

 

"Yes, ma'am, I'll do that. You go to bed too. I'll text you."

 

"Alright. Good night, Fany. And you're paying this overseas call charges."

 

"What?! Why?"

 

"Good night."

 

"Ya-"

 

---

 

She was done with her fourth book, and she felt the happiest writing this book as it was filled with Tiffany, Tiffany and more Tiffany. It had been close to two years since they were in good terms and Taeyeon felt that it was time. It was time to let Tiffany know who she really was and how she felt towards her. There was a lot to lose, but she was willing to gamble.

 

The fourth book was about happily ever after, the male and female lead -after all the drama- finally got together. She planned to end it there should Tiffany reject her, but should she accept her... she got the fifth book planned out. It would be on family, a small family that the male and female lead would have.

 

That's her plan for them. She was sure Tiffany's the one, and the love of her life. There's no other one for her. If there were, she would’ve moved on long ago instead of staying beside Tiffany as annoying friend, and now a good friend. She wanted more. She knew she could give her more, if she's willing to take her.

 

She planned to do it today, a week before the release of her newest book titled 'Young and Stars'. That was the only way she knew it would convince Tiffany she's indeed the author she admired. She also planned to sign the book infront of Tiffany to prove her point. She knew it'd be shocking for Tiffany to know the truth but it had to be done. She was tired of keeping quiet and she knew it was unfair to Tiffany.

 

She waited in the restaurant, her palms sweating as she took big gulps of water. She was nervous as hell. She asked Tiffany out to her favourite restaurant, hoping that it would at least lessen the rage if any.

 

Tiffany walked into the restaurant in a stunning red dress and heels that matched her outfit. Taeyeon stood up and went over to pull the chair for her. Tiffany smiled and thanked her before sitting down.

 

"Wow, you look beautiful."

 

"Thanks." Tiffany smiled and hid her face with the menu.

 

Taeyeon could've sworn she saw a slight blush on Tiffany's face. Must be thinking too much.

 

They ordered their dinner and started talking about their day. Taeyeon was a little out of it since they had finished their mains and the dessert would be coming up soon. Which meant it would be time for her to come clean. She planned to do it over dessert, at least make sure Tiffany was happy and satisfied before dropping the bomb.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Tiffany's question brought her out of her trance and she looked up into Tiffany’s worried eyes.

 

"I-I'm okay."

 

"Liar. You've been fidgeting for the whole night. What's wrong?"

 

"I-"

 

"Your dessert, Ma'am." The waiter came in before Taeyeon could say anything and placed both their dessert on the table before taking a small bow and walking away.

 

"After dessert." Taeyeon said and took her scoop of ice cream, hoping it would calm her racing heart.

 

---

 

"Alright, out with it. What's going on?" Tiffany wiped the corner of with the napkin before folding her arms across her chest.

 

Taeyeon gulped and fidgeted in her seat, playing with her fingers underneath the table. She looked up to see an amused Tiffany and cleared . She reached over to her bag and took out the latest copy of her book and slid it over to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany raised a brow and unfolded her arms, taking the book up to take a good look. She gasped when she saw the cover of the book. It was the newest book her favorite author wrote! She glanced at Taeyeon to see her furrowed brows.

 

"Hey, why are you frowning? Why are you giving me this? Isn’t this available like next week or something?" She placed the book back on the table and tilted her head to the side.

 

"I-I..." Taeyeon stuttered, clenching her fists on her lap and looked straight into Tiffany's eyes. "I have to tell you something."

 

Tiffany only resumed looking at her with a confused expression. This was harder than she thought. Well, here goes nothing.

 

"I am T2. I wrote all those books you liked, including this new one." She pointed at the book on the table and looked away, feeling shy, nervous and relieved at the same time.

 

After a few minutes of silence, she thought Tiffany was too shocked to react. She sighed and looked up but got a shock when she was met with a smiling Tiffany. Not just any smile, it was that smile, the smile she loved the most, the smile where her eyes disappeared together with her smile.

 

"W-why are you smiling?"

 

"I was wondering how long you'd take to come clean, Kim Taeyeon. 2 years is a long time, don't you think?" Tiffany leaned forward, still smiling.

 

"Huh?" Taeyeon was seriously confused right now. What two years? Did she even hear what she said? She just told her she's her favorite author! That wasn't the reaction she had expected. She thought it'd be messy and all. She didn't even have to sign on the book!

 

"Silly. I knew you're the author." Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon’s bewildered expression. "Ever since you gave me those autographed books, I suspected just as much. We've been classmate for years, Taeyeon. I know your handwriting. And you're the only person who writes the 'y' with a straight line without curving up."

 

Taeyeon stared wide eyed at Tiffany, unable to utter a word. She knew?! What.. How.. She knew! She groaned and buried her face in her hands. This is so embarrassing!

 

Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon's comical reaction and reached out to pry her hands down. "Hey, don't be embarrassed. Is this the only thing you wanted to tell me?"

 

"N-no." Taeyeon took a deep breath and mentally prepared herself. It was now or never. Let's just get it over and done with shall we?

 

She held onto Tiffany's hand and gave it a light squeeze before looking up. Her hands were shaking and she was sure Tiffany felt it too. "I like you, Tiffany. And I don't mean... I mean I-" Another deep breath. "I like-like you. Ever since high school."

 

She was blushing so hard right now but she couldn't look away. She took note of any minor changes in Tiffany's expression but there was none. Her heart sank and she was about to retract her hand when Tiffany held on. She raised a brow and felt goosebumps on her arms. Is that... is she blushing?

 

"Giving up so fast?" Tiffany smiled shyly and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear with her free hand. "I... I knew."

 

That was like the second blow to Taeyeon. She knew?! Again?! What?! Taeyeon sat there, baffled at what was happening. She wanted to surprise Tiffany but she was the one who got the big surprise.

 

"H-how.."

 

"I heard you that night."

 

"Which ni- oh." Taeyeon face palmed and groaned. "So you knew it all along?"

 

"Yes." Tiffany replied, still smiling, fighting the urge to pinch Taeyeon's cheeks.

 

Taeyeon suddenly realized something and she looked up immediately. "And you're still here. You still went out with me. Y-you're holding my hand." Her hand tightened around Tiffany's and she started smiling so wide her cheeks hurt. "You're still here."

 

Tiffany laughed and flipped their hands around, holding it tight. "I'm flattered, Taeyeon. I really am. Thank you for liking me since high school, thank you for letting me date other people and not beat them up. Thank you for being such a sweetie."

 

Taeyeon laughed as she found this situation ridiculous and a little hilarious. Both of them were now blushing furiously like high school kids.

 

"And Kim Taeyeon, the female lead Alyssa in the story? Too obvious it's me." Tiffany smirked. "Eyesmile? From America? Got bullied in school? But one thing you wrote wrongly was that the male lead caused all that, he didn't save her."

 

"Yah! Stop it. I'm sorry, okay? I was young and childish." Taeyeon pouted.

 

"Cute." Tiffany chuckled.

 

Taeyeon blushed harder and cleared . "So where does this leave us?" She played with Tiffany's fingers.

 

"I don't know. You tell me."

 

"I.. Can I- we-" Taeyeon took a shaky breath. "Will you be m-my girlfriend?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Thank you." Taeyeon exhaled and grinned like a kid. She felt like a heavy weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

 

Tiffany laughed. "Thank you. Strangely it doesn't feel weird at all."

 

"What doesn't?"

 

"This. You, me."

 

"I know right. We're born for each other."

 

Tiffany almost gagged.

 

"Sorry. Too cheesy?" She laughed. She was happy she could finally say the things she wanted to. She had always wanted to try being cheesy with Tiffany. So somehow she's glad she took the plunge.

 

---

 

Tiffany knew Taeyeon had feelings for her. She heard her when she was drunk but didn't react because she didn't know how to.

 

She didn't contact Taeyeon immediately after that night because she was thinking if she was comfortable about going beyond friends with Taeyeon. She figured she was so she contacted Taeyeon for dinner that afternoon. She now deemed it as the best decision ever.

 

Honestly she didn't mind the change. At first it was just curiosity and she wanted to find out if she could also like Taeyeon the same way. Something like testing the water or rather, experimenting. After two years she could see herself being with Taeyeon, no doubt. She liked her presence, she think of her often, Taeyeon treated her well and she'd be stupid to let her go.

 

Now sitting hand in hand waiting for their friends to arrive, she felt joy. They were finally going to tell their friends after three months of being together. They didn't want to tell them immediately since they weren't sure if they could continue the relationship. But since now they've both decided they were in this for the long run, it was time to be truthful.

 

"Nervous?" Taeyeon whispered into her ear.

 

"You're the one who is nervous." Tiffany noticed the sweaty palm.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and held her hand tighter. "That I am. I hope they'll take this well."

 

"Me too." Tiffany paused. "But what if-"

 

"There is no what if. I'm sure they will be supportive." She cut Tiffany off almost immediately. She had faith in her friends, that they'd not let her down and they’d still love them the same.

 

"Whatever you say, T2. You know, I still can't believe you came up with this pen name." Tiffany grimaced.

 

"What?! It's creative okay! Who would've thought it's Taeyeon and Tiffany? You gotta give me more credit for that. TYMY is too obvious and so not cool."

 

"Yah! Do not ever mention my Korean name!" Tiffany punched Taeyeon's arm lightly.

 

"But I like calling you Miyoung! Especially when we... you know..." Taeyeon wriggled her eyebrows at Tiffany seductively.

 

Tiffany let out a heavy sigh and shook her head. "What have I gotten myself into? Is it too late to back out now?"

 

Taeyeon chortled and let go of Tiffany's hand, bringing her arm around the latter's shoulder and brought her closer.

 

"Too late for regrets, Hwang Miyoung. You're never getting out of my clutches." She whispered into her ear before capturing Tiffany's lips between hers, tugging and .

 

She didn't care where they were, whether their friends were there or not and whether anyone was watching. All that mattered was she wanted to show the whole world Tiffany Hwang was Kim Taeyeon's.

 

---

 

Just a short (well not really that short) and light one-shot for all of you out there! I tried to proof read but my eyes are closing so I will just leave it as it is.

 

-E