The Emerald City

Over The Rainbow

'So what, we just knock?' Jonghyun shrugged, feeling a tad intimidated now he was standing in front of the huge golden doors of the huge city. 'Ring the bell!' Taemin was looking really excited about the fact that they were so close to the city now, he didn't want to wait any longer. 'Alright...' Jonghyun reached out and pulled on the rope by the door, the bell ringing so loud, Kibum hissed again and covered his ears. 

'Sorry!' Jonghyun stood back and waited for someone to answer them and after a moment a small window opened and a handsome man looked out, not looking too happy. He had black hair slicked back, and a thin pencil moustache and Jonghyun could see he was wearing a deep green uniform with gold buttons and a sash. 'Who rang that bell?!' He said, looking around as if he couldn't see anyone below him or his sharp nose. 'Oh that would be me!' 

Jonghyun bowed to the older man as he looked down from the window and said, 'I rang the bell sir.' The guard looked outraged and said, 'Well who are you then?' Jonghyun really didn't like the way the man was staring him down and said, 'My name is Jonghyun. These are my friends, we wish to see the Wizard.' The mans face broke into a grin and he laughed, a deep rumbling sound and he said, 'My dear boy, no one just comes in here and sees the Wizard. No one has ever seen him, even myself!' 

'Well then how are you sure there is a Wizard?' The guard looked at Kibum, the poor guys ear dropping slightly and then he said, 'Because he gives proclamations on the hour and my captain reports to him every morning. Now if you gentlemen be on your way...' He then stopped and looked at Jonghyun really closely as if he could see right through him. He stared for a few seconds and then he gasped, 'Oh my days! Answer me this, has the Good Witch sent you?' Jonghyun nodded and said, 'Yes indeed! I landed in this land by mistake, Glinda helped me by giving me this!' He retrieved the map from his pocket and as soon as he opened it the guard nearly fell out of his window. 'Sweet Oz! You are the one! Hang on, I'll open the gate!' 

He disappeared and Kibum went, 'What was that all about?' Jonghyun shrugged, smiling as the doors opened and there was the guard, with two others behind him. 'Welcome to the Emerald City. My name is Swion, these are my officers. Donghae and Eunhyuk.' The two men behind him, one blond which was so white it looked like a halo and the other dark haired with a lazy smile bowed to the five men. 'I suppose now you've let us in, we can see the Wizard now?' Swion smiled, the gesture making his face more handsome and he said, 'We will see. But first, we must get you fed and cleaned up.' 

The three men lead them inside the city, and Jonghyun swore he had never seen such an amazing wonderful place. Every inch of the buildings was emerald green except the path they walked on, it was gleaming black marble. Kibum was beside himself with excitement, pointing at various shops and boutiques saying, 'Look at those clothes! Can you smell those cakes? This place is amazing!!' Jonghyun smiled at him, happy he was excited but a part of him felt...uneasy. He didn't know why, but somewhere inside he was anxious. And he felt as if he was being watched.