Recovery

As Long As She Is Safe - Jay Park

Jay’s father picked up the food tray, holding an emptied bowl and glass, his mother turned down the blinds so that you could sleep better. Rounding the bed, she carefully kissed Jay’s head.

“She will be okay” His mother whispered while running her fingers lightly through his hair. Jay nodded his head slowly, glancing over at his parents, he watched them make their leave.

“Thank you both… for taking care of her” Jay whispered loud enough for them to hear as the smiled and nodded before closing the door behind them.

Softly the door closed as Jay’s eyes drifted back over to your body pressed against his sheets. His brown orbs slowly drifting over your body, wondering what all you had been through. Sitting next to you on his queen sized bed, he carefully pulled a light blanket over top of you. Leaning over, he pulled the chain on one of his bedside lamps, the yellow light dimly lit his bedroom.

Cautiously, he eased his body down next to yours, your face was covered by fallen strands of hair. Raising his hand slowly, he lovingly pushed the hair out of your eyes slowly, tucking it behind your ear so it wouldn’t fall in your eyes again.

“I’m home, sweetheart” Jay whispered softly, leaning forward and pressing his lips against your forehead ever so lightly.

Time ticked on as his eyes slowly began to weigh down with jet lag and worry for you, his body relaxed against the sheets as his muscles relaxed, his breathing slowed as did his heartbeat before he slowly drifted to sleep.

Hours ticked by as Jay woke up slowly, greeted by your sleeping face, a thankful small smile pulled on his lips. Staying next to you for a while, he tried to fall back to sleep, but with his heart aching to watch over you, he pushed his body upwards and situated himself so that he was leaning against the headboard with a book between his hands. Making his movements slow and steady, he was careful not to wake you as he moved into his new position.

Opening the book up to his current place, his eyes drifted over to your sleeping form as he watched your steady, even breaths lift your body slightly before easing it back down among the covers.

Observing your healing body, Jay soon turned his attention to his book, reading along the lines just to pass the time. Every paragraph, he would glance down at you, making sure that you were breathing, Page after page, he watched night slowly turn into day, the moon change places with the sun in the sky.

“No” You mumbled incoherently, your breath speeding up slightly as the vivid images began to flash across your mind once again.

The sounds, the sights, the smells, everything flooded back as your hands gripped the fabric of the sheets between your fingers. Soft whimpers struggled to escape from your lips.

Soft mewls caught Jay’s attention as he looked over at you, his eyes quickly scanning over you picking up on your tight hold of the sheets, your tense muscles and quickened breathing. Turning over his book on the side table, he rested his hand on your back, feeling helpless and clueless as to what he can do.

“Help me…” You whispered a little clearer than last  “Please…”

Jay’s heart was beating fast as he watched your eye brows furrow together, your breathing much more rapid than before, your eyes moving under your eye lids rapidly. Obviously in distress, he carefully placed his hand on your back and began to move it around slowly, not wanting to inflict or stir up any injuries that you acquired while he was away.

A couple long minutes passed as Jay rubbed your back slowly, your hands slowly relaxed as your breathing slowed slowly, yet your heartbeat remained rapid. Lifting your eyelids, the soft light from the morning hours greeted you as you began to wake up, your eyes opening a little more as a hand rubbing your back caught your attention.

“Is everything okay?” Jay whispered, not wanting to spook you anymore, your eyes lifted and looked up at him as his hand slowly retracted not sure what to expect.

Just nodding your head, you dropped your eyes as you tried to close them again, however, you couldn’t sleep and you opened your eyes to see the same man looking at you sweetly.

“Do you need anything?” Jay whispered as you slowly adjusted yourself to your surroundings, slowly pushing yourself up slightly, you looked around the room before you hesitantly turned your eyes towards him. Shaking your head slowly, you stayed quiet as Jay knew this isn’t how you normally acted when he came home from tour.

A single thought came to Jay’s mind as you looked at him so blankly, “Do you remember me?”

Adverting your eyes from him, you played with the blanket tussled in your lap, your mind slowly waking up as you nodded gently recognizing the face but not being able to put a name to the face. The morning sun bled through the spaces in the blinds as lines of light spread over the comforter of the bed.

Sitting in silence, Jay stayed put on the bed for a moment before he slowly moved off of the bed. Taking his suitcase and carrying it into the closet. Flipping on the light, he ped the black bag and began to sort through the clothes and set them in the hamper to wash.

Your fingers played with the fringe on the blanket as a ring around your finger caught the morning sun. You knew that you knew him, for his parents talked about him before, but the face to you seemed a little fuzzy. The beautiful diamond sat on a silver band as it fit your finger perfectly. Taking a deep breath, you slowly processed your dream. Raising your eyes upwards slowly, Jay continued to sort through his clothes while you watched him.

Slowly wetting your lips, you watched Jay carefully, getting up the courage to call his name, “Jay”

Once he heard his name come from your lips, he snapped his head up, his eyes looking up at you pleadingly wondering if you remembered. A little smile lifted your lips as you nod softly, answering his last question, do you remember me.

Standing to his feet, he flipped off the light in the closet and padded over to the side of the bed where you were leaning against the headboard. Easing himself down on the edge of the bed, the mattress dipped slightly to accommodate his weight.

“Why are you home? Aren’t you supposed to be on tour?” You questioned, everything becoming crystal clear now.

“No sweetheart, I am supposed to be here with you.” His hand slowly moved towards yours, not wanting to push you too much. “I had to make sure that you are safe”

Your eyes watched his hand move towards yours and then stop and rest against the ruffled blanket that was jostled in your lap. Lifting your hand, you gently rested your hand over his, feeling the warmth of his skin against yours. Taking in a deep breath, you felt your love for him spark again, the warm sensation of his love coursing through your veins, scattering the warmth across your body.

“May I hug you?” You questioned gently, your eyes drifting up his muscular arms up to his beautiful eyes.

“I don’t want to hurt you…” He whispered, his hand flipping over under yours so that he could hold your hand.

“You won’t” You whispered softly as you carefully moved closer to him, he did the same as he let you place his hands on you so that he wouldn’t hurt you further.

Once his hands were placed on your back, you leaned forward, your hands snaking around his sides. Moving more on the bed, he lifted you carefully onto his lap as you two adjusted slightly in each others arms. Finding a comfortable spot, you felt his shoulders encase you, his hands snake around you as you pressed against his body.

Tears stung your eyes as all of the moment that you wanted him to be there in the hospital with you were finally fulfilled. His warmth and kindness that you wanted to feel as though you were healing was wrapped around you at last. For once since the accident, the images of that day were no longer present in your mind at the moment. The rise and fall of his chest, his cheek resting against your head while his heart beat strongly against his ribs.

“I’ve missed you” A tear or two rolled down your cheek, soaking into his shirt as his hands slowly traveled around your back.

“I have missed you too my love” He whispered before sealing his words with a kiss a top of your head.

The two of you stayed like that for a while, exchanging little phrases back and forth between soft loving kisses on each others skin.

“I have been thinking about our wedding” Jay whispered, playing with the ends of your hair while you drew along the dip of his spine down his back.

“What about it?” You whispered back, a smile widening on your lips while your eyes slid closed.

“I wanted to go over some plans with you, if you feel up to it” Jay pulled away slightly, “I thought it might be nice to work on it while you recover, then when we can put it into motion when we are both ready.”

“Don’t you have to work though?” You questioned knowing weddings take a lot of time to plan.

“I’m going to be with you as much as I can, I do have some things I can’t miss, but all the other times I will be here with you” Jay whispered as his forehead rested against yours. “Does that sound good?”

“Perfect” You whispered softly, your hand drifting over his back muscles.

Eventually the two of you moved, you sat between his legs and leaned back against his chest. A blanket laid over your lap and his while his laptop sat on top, him showing you ideas for the wedding as the two of you molded your ideas together creating the wedding that both of you envisioned.