Two

The Three Stooges [The Yoo v.s. The Son][Hiatus]
ChapteR Two
 
"If I ever meet that guy again, he's going to pay for it."
 

Kikwang sighed as put the chicken thigh into his mouth, “Can you believe it? Big brother is getting married, already.”

Seungho wanted to chuckle at his statement. What’s not hard to believe when they were the ones who planned the whole idea? “Don’t be so sentimentally of a sudden.” Seungho said. Kikwang brushed the male’s words off with a of his chicken thigh. Kikwang on chicken like its a lollipop was nothing new to Seungho. After all his brother eat chicken just like a sweet tooth would with candy, and though he’s a nasty eater, Kikwang was quite a charmer to women.

“At first I thought it wasn’t going to be a big deal. Now I’m kind of worried about this marriage.”

“Why?” Seungho asked, his voice stiffened.

Kikwang heaved a noticeable sigh once more. “When I was trying to convince Myungsoo to go along with the wedding, I left out an important part about Ms. Son.”

Seungho was no longer hungry and focused only on Jongin, even if he could see the older waving the chicken around in one hand. “What was it that you didn’t tell us?”

“I told you, right? That Ms. Son was already a mom. A young mom.” Kikwang’s response was choppy and nonspecific. Which immediately hinted Seungho that what Kikwang has left out wasn’t anything minor. “But, I didn’t tell you two that her son is a high schooler.”

09ruyvKBScAxqIdW2VQo5JDzcAU3z9VVPS5cliH_

“Aunty, did you really think this through? How can you remarry right now? What about Sungjong? Sungjong is still going through puberty, did you even consider the bond between you and Sungjong before you agree to a stranger’s proposal?” The pretty woman questioned in a fit while seated on the couch. In the large living room was only the young female and Sarang.

Sarang, who was standing, calmed down the young woman before her. “Iseul,” Sarang then took a seat beside the lass, “I understand that you’re doing this on behalf of Sungjong. But Aunty is going to marry this man. I did think of Sungjong and I want a man in Sungjong’s life. Ever since you two were children, he only followed you, so he’s feminine. Sungjong is my only son and I need to be able to see him as a son.”

“Aunty, this is too much. What if the man abuses Sungjong because he’s not masculine or—”

“That’s why Iseul. You have to help me, see to the man I’m going to marry and become my eyes and ears when I’m not with Sungjong.” Sarang grabbed the smaller hands of the woman named Iseul. “Please help aunty and Sungjong, and please understand me.” Condemnation was drawn onto Iseul’s face but her aunt’s gentle smile melted away anymore oppositions she wanted to point out.

“I….I will try, aunty.”

Sarang smiled and patted her niece’s pale and smaller hands, “I’m grateful for your understanding. Now should we talk about you? How was your flight and how was life in America my dear?”

PEUvlcvJEoYYEJrY1wHCU0UBEJ8OUHuTyTFJJH7P

“High School?” Seungho questioned with a raise of his eyebrow. Kikwang, who appeared sick, hummed with his chin rested on one of his hands. “Seriously, high school?”

Kikwang nodded slowly. “How many times do I have to say yes Seungho? I told you, her child is a high schooler. Though I’m not positive if her child is a boy or girl.”

“Why does the gender of the child matter?”

Kikwang shrugged. “I mean if she has a cute teenager daughter then….”

“Then?”

“It’d feel pretty y to have her call me uncle.”

Seungho’s laughter was stuck in his throat. “I never knew ary was your taste of a healthy relationship.”

“It’s not.” Kikwang said as a matter of factly, “I said it would be y, not that it would be appropriate nor did I mean I’ll hit her up as soon as she’s legal.” Seungho breathed an unconvinced hum, which extended Kikwang’s turn to speak. “Seungho, let’s be serious. What are we going to do if Myungsoo turn her down at the wedding when he discover her almost-grown up of a kid?”

“Why worry about the kid? Our plan is to expand our control, Myungsoo wouldn’t allow a kid to ruin the plan. Besides he can always get a divorce, divorces are the tradition among young couples nowadays anyway.” Seungho explained calmly. Kikwang thought and processed the words of his youngest brother for a brief moment. Once he understood, a wide grin appeared on his face as well.

“You’re right! Myungsoo wouldn’t care how old that kid is.”

“Still, we shouldn’t overlook the possibility.” Seungho added, causing the smile to slowly fade.

“What do you mean?”

“You said the student is a high schooler? It may mean the child’s age would range from fourteen to nineteen. If the child is nineteen, then as a young adult he’s capable of sharing his family’s assets.”

Kikwang froze at the realization for a slight moment, “Then, that would mean Myungsoo would have to watch out if the kid is eighteen or at least near the age?”

“Exactly. In the most, big brother would have to win Ms. Son’s heart or else she may give away some of her holds to her child.”

“Damn it. I should have trusted my guts. Nothing good ever comes with widowed or divorced women!” Jongin declared. He wasn’t wrong but he wasn’t completely right either.

In fact, nothing good comes in three, not just in widowed, divorced women, and mothers, but anything in three is just a terrible number. Kikwang knew this as part of the triplets, they were fully aware of their selfish plans, but they knew they couldn’t be stopped at the same time. At least they’ve never been stopped before.

PEUvlcvJEoYYEJrY1wHCU0UBEJ8OUHuTyTFJJH7P

Ara heaved another sigh when she couldn’t accept the news. “Why Myungsoo? Explain to me why you have to marry a widow of all young, well off, heiress, women out there?” Ara looked straight over to her younger brother who was looking out the door-size window in her office. With his dashing appearances and flawless face, the image of him appeared to have been cut out from an expensive magazine.

“I’m the face of the company, Ara. It had to be me, if we wanted to blow this news up worldwide.” Myungsoo explained without breaking his older sister a glance. Ara ruffled her clean hair when she knew she couldn’t win him over in this one. The triplets target was set and until they’ve accomplished what they’ve started, they cannot be stopped.

“Fine, marriage or whatever, do whatever you like. But do me a favor, don’t bring that window home. Mom and dad’s spirits wouldn’t like it.” Ara said.

“If I don’t bring her home, how would I get the world to see that we’re really a married couple? Our parents would understand Ara.” The lass kept quiet and lean back in her chair, meanwhile kept his eyes keen on the busy streets below him. Unknowinging, in the mix of the many heads, Myungsoo was blind by the one important figure down below.

Near the side of the road, Sungjong was walking along the people. He was still outdoor after the incomplete conversation he have had with his mother and the call from his cousin. Though the outdoors were Sungjong’s only escape, he also felt suffocated when breathing in oxygen was a difficult task. No one expected the news to had hit him so hard, especially when he knew it would come with his mother being so young, beautiful, and always in a relationship. But he didn’t expect to hear it so soon, he thought that perhaps his mother would be kind enough and consider his feelings to the point where she would wait until he was in college to remarry.

Sungjong sat at a bench and lowered his head, ignoring the people who passes. He sighed deeply and took a deep breath. For a brief moment he wished his breath could stop, that the world would pause and so he won’t have to face what was to come later. Before he knew it, his phone rang again and pulled him back into reality. Sungjong sighed once more at that and was ready to curse at whomever the caller was, but noticed it was no other one than Iseul.

“Sungjong, where are you? I’m at your house.” Was all that Iseul said before Sungjong got up and ran back the way he came from.

In the room, Myungsoo finally noticed the quick movements by the lad, but paid him a short span amount of attention.

“Then, are you going to be using the guest rooms for her and her child too?” Ara’s question broke Myungsoo’s interest altogether from the sight outside the window.

“They will have to be used.” Myungsoo said.

“She isn’t going to sleep with you in mom and dad’s room, right?”

Myungsoo shrugged, “It’s up to her, she’s going to be the woman of the house anyway.”

Ara frowned, “I thought you said she won’t be given any special position—”

“By paper she will be the woman of the house, but of course, you do as you please Ara.”

Without any objection she moved onto the next question, “Then, what about the room? Which room are you planning to use?”

“Our parents room won’t be touched by her or anyone else not of the Yoo family. Rest assure, Ara.” Myungsoo said knowing it was the answer his sister wanted. Ara revealed a little smile at that.

“Good but let me warn you Myungsoo, if you happen to fall too hard for her and let her roam the house too freely, I’ll step in when it gets a little too uncomfortable. I won’t let any woman use or take even a penny of mine without my permission, understand?” Ara asked and Myungsoo nodded once. Myungsoo wasn’t against the idea and was certain that Ara was over worrying when there’s nothing to worry about. After all he had never fallen for any woman to the point where she meant more to him than his heritage.

The triplets were sure this plan would be another successful one. If anything falls out of margin, they will surely fix one another and secure the plan until the end. Because that was one thing the triplets were highly skilled at, making sure only their plans succeed and no one else’s.

PEUvlcvJEoYYEJrY1wHCU0UBEJ8OUHuTyTFJJH7P

In Kikwang’s hands was a box of fried chicken, he toss the box in his hands a little for entertainment. Seungho who was walking beside him could see the jumpy box from the corner of his eyes. “Ah, for Myungsoo and Ara. They probably haven’t had lunch yet, right?” Kikwang asked. Seungho shrugged and only smile. Kikwang then proceeded, “They should be happy I’m bringing them chicken, really I would have eaten all of it myself if I was the one who had paid for it. They don’t even love chicken as much as I do—” As they were coming around the corner, Kikwang’s words were cut short when someone came crashing into them.

Kikwang dropped the box of chicken and fell backward, in front of him a stranger had fallen as well. Seungho who was rarely physically affected was taken aback and had reached out for Kikwang who he failed to save from the fall. Kikwang became frustrated immediately when the stranger rose to his feet. “Hey! Don’t you have eyes?!”

The lad was a young male, prettier and paler than the average. His hair was messy from the fall and his skinny arms had scratched. Without a word the male looked from Kikwang to Seungho before taking off running. Kikwang hollered at the younger to halt. “Hey! You! Hey! Come back here and pay for my chicken! Hey!” Kikwang stretched his yell but the stranger paid him no attention.

Seungho cleaned his hands of dust before offering it to his older brother who was still red from the clash. Kikwang noticed Seungho’s hand and took hold of it before the younger hauled him up. Kikwang got up with a little jump and eyed the chicken box that had fallen over with its top open. “Great look at what that idiot did. I told you we should have taken the car even if the restaurant from just two blocks away from the company.” Kikwang complained as he bend over to pick up the wasted food. “If I ever meet that guy again, he’s going to pay for it.” Kikwang muttered.

Seungho glanced back to the path behind them but the stranger was gone. For whatever reason, Seungho felt that he had seen the male’s face before but couldn’t remember who he was exactly.

PEUvlcvJEoYYEJrY1wHCU0UBEJ8OUHuTyTFJJH7P

Sungjong fell against the wall to an unknown house and in his breath when his bruises and cuts were stinging him. He held his forearm closed to him and took a peek at his elbow to find it bleeding from the fall. Today wasn’t Sungjong’s day, and he could only hope that after meeting his favorite and most trusted person in the world, Iseul, that his day could get better.

 

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Thank you for joining me with another fic! this story was influenced by 'the three stooges' and a thai lakron "thara himalaya"!