Selfish

Selfish

 

 

“I have things I can't tell you and I have things I don't want to tell you. So, don't ask me anything!” You yelled.

“Am I... Am I that meaningless to you? What is that you can't tell me? What could you possibly need to hide from me?”

“Just…” You sighed.

“Is it really that hard to tell me what's bothering you, Tiffany?” I asked gently hoping it will melt your anger.

“Yes, for now.”

Nope, that’s not working, you still angry and I didn’t know why and I’ve been trying for hours to know why.

“Why?” I asked. “I thought we are friend? You always share everything with me. We promise each other to share, right?”

“You always say that.”

“But I always trying to help you, didn't I?”

You just rolled your eyes. I really couldn't figure out what's bothering you this bad.

“Look,” You started. “Maybe I am one of your everything but doesn't mean you are one of my everything. Maybe I am part of your universe but doesn't mean you are mine, all right?”

Wow, that was suprisingly hurt. So so so bad.

Then you continued, "You said sharing with each other but this is always one-sided. You would do anything for me but you never tell me anything. True that action speaks louder than words but still sometime you need to say it.”

You knew.

“You would do anything for me and then you think that you love me selflessly but you are wrong. Actually, you are so selfish that you love me without telling me your feeling and never try to know what I actualy want from you, you always take care of me silently from my back and thinking that it is love but do you even know that I want to do the same for you. No, you don't. You know why? Because you are too busy pouring me with affection and thinking that you love me silently and never ask anything in return as long as I am happy and feeling great about it, without you knowing I actualy want to return it to you, that I want to make you happy too. One-side love is so last decade, Taeyeon.”

I just stood there like statue, I didn’t know what to do. My mouth probably opened so wide at the moment.

“You know what? I want you to share with me too, I am tired of this one-sided relationship. Is this even a relationship? You make me confused. You always be there for me but you never let me be there for you. Everytime you got problem you will run away and avoiding me when I was just trying to help. See how selfish you are? I don't know what's wrong with you and those weird traits in your personality that make you hiding when something goes wrong in your life and trying to solve all of your problems alone, but could you please, at least make me the exception? Let me help you, come to me like I always came to you, If you still want to care about me, that's it.” 

I tried to open my mouth but nothing came out. Then you were about to stepped away but I didn’t want to lose you so bad that I finally had courage and said, “Okay, I’m sorry, I love you and let me take care of you and I promise I will share everything with you, and I will stop hiding, I will stop running away from life when something comes up and I will come to you, asking for your help and hoping that you will take care of me too. Please don’t leave me?”

You took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, still looked pissed off but then you said, “Sounds good. I can try that.” And you finally smiled and everything’s okay again, even better.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I hope one day I will find 'my Tiffany', not only someone I want to take care of but also someone that makes me stop running away.

And hey, it’s raining. I love rain.