The Servant

It's Complicated
To her, she is a servant. And to Amber the very idea of it made her brim with happiness at attending to such a beautiful princess. The princess was revered and loved throughout the kingdom but remained untouchable. Between Princess Krystal and other people she was always quick to build an invisible wall. Amber knew that this was her defense mechanism, hiding away the cheerful and silly girl that she knew so well. And even though she had seen this happen time and time again she still could not help trying to pull out that playful side of Krystal whenever they were alone. The servant thought that whenever the princess smiled was when she was the most lovely.  
 
Amber was happy. The life of a servant serving under Queen Victoria was warm and comforting. She held so much respect for the queen and the queen loved her as well as all of her beloved subjects. However there came a time where without a sign, the princess had built that invisible wall when they were together. Specifically she acted this way after Amber spoke to the Queen. In response to this the servant was confused. Where had the princess that thawed into a warm hearted being gone? No longer did she crack a smile or even spare Amber a glance as she poured her afternoon tea. Yet the servant remained persistent. This was just a change in her mood. I'll get her to smile at me for sure; even if its only once thought Amber. 
 
The servant crashed into the wall countless times. Each time the servant will attempt to overcome it, with more mischief and tomfoolery. Sometimes it worked but recently she wasn't even able to make a dent in the princesses wall. Amber considered herself an optimist but this did not mean that she was invincible. She had already received plenty of bruises and scars from trying to scale the wall. These injuries simply didn't matter to her because her love for the princess was stronger, or at least thats what she thought. The servant had loved Krystal quite openly, but that love felt different from the love she felt for the other Princesses, Luna and Sulli. Amber could not place this love however, what was it that made it different she wondered. 
 
Time makes one weary and for the first time Amber had felt this. During these moments of weakness it was always the Queen that consoled. The servant was grateful for the Queen's kindness and was overjoyed when she would return from her journeys. In return, the servant felt that she was growing farther away from her princess. And she had concluded that this made her feel one thing about the princesses coldness, numb.