| Sunlight

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          It was rain once again, the cool liquid splattered onto the window, spreading its cold temperature to the glass-like material. The sun was barely seeping through the silk curtains, sending its warm rays into the small apartment bedroom. A long, exasperated sigh came and broke the silent, gloomy atmosphere the penetrated the bedroom. Kibum opened one eye with hesitation, looking around solemnly. He was truly tired after having finished the house’s chores without his mother to help him. The feline-like male sat up slowly, stretching his arms out and let a big yawn emit from his lips. Kibum was a different child, always being cooped up in the small apartment that his family had owned ever since he was born. His pale skin has never touched the sunlight before, making it difficult for him to control his life from here on out. Of course, Kibum wouldn’t mind staying in for the rest of his lifetime, since being his kind was quite dangerous. His mother always protected him from any danger that came with this world, which was many. But some days, Kibum would peer out of the window, through the silk curtains to gaze at the beauty of Earth, which had been taken away from his kind fifteen years ago. But, his mother told him stories about many things, and how he was the special one on this planet called Earth.
         

Kibum swung his legs over the soft and comfortable material, stepping out of bed groggily. With tired legs and slightly opened eyes, the fifteen year old dragged himself over to the bathroom, a plan to finish his morning routine without falling asleep against the sink. There were things Kibum was bothered by as he continued to live here. Many people had thoughts, but not many were as terrific as he thought they would be. Even the people who passed by his apartment complex, he could hear through their mind, sensing the terrible things that they had thought of. But, Kibum really couldn’t do anything about it. As stated, the feline-like boy was trapped in the four walls that separated him from reality. The door was just a couple yards away, but Kibum never really had the courage to take a small step out there. Though, he is tired of the constant protection his family gave him, just because he and his family was special. Kibum is a second child, but his sister would be gone for half of the day, which means that it could get lonely in the small home. Even if it is quite comfortable and Kibum could connect with the many animals, it would become cold and breezy, the atmosphere brushed against his skin. Kibum would be left at ease as soon as his mother and sister came back from work. They wer the only ones allowed to leave the apartment. Ever since Kibum’s father had disappeared, his mother and sister was left with melancholy features, left with the only soul left from the Underworld.
         

The brunette closed the door of the bathroom, exiting out of his room with a sleepy expression. His eyelids would flutter slowly, sending tired waves up his spine, suggesting him to jump back in bed. But, he had things to do, for no one was home with him. At least, not now. With a slow and long yawn, Kibum walked down the corridor, sometimes he would bump into the door frames while his eyelids drooped down, closing his eyes in a deep sleep. His mother was gone, off to work. Kibum had supposed so, for his mother never took a day off, leaving the young boy alone in the empty house. The brunette would’ve liked to use these moments to escape and see the world, but he didn’t. He never did for the past fifteen years. When he turned eight, he had already thought about running away, off into the real world as said many times from his lips. Although, Kibum wouldn’t dare after hearing the people’s thoughts. He could still hear them, even though he had locked himself up in the apartment, just for safety. The voices of strangers bounced back and forth in his head like a pinball machine, making loud, alarming noises as they piled up. It almost drove him to the bridge of insanity and all the thoughts had passed the line, where he would’ve thought about chopping of his ears. But, he was too afraid to do so, even though he had said the lines thoroughly. Kibum never liked blood. The crimson red liquid screeched in his ears as soon as he took a small little glance at it.
         

“Good morning.” Kibum exclaimed to no one in general, mentally slapping a hand to his forehead as he realized that no one was home. After ten years of loneliness, Kibum was still not used to this feeling. The male dashed to the kitchen, as fast as heis tired legs could carry him. Opening up the dishwasher, he found that all the chores were done for him. With curiosity, Kibum headed towards the living room, seeing a small envelope sit right in the middle of the coffee table. Subconsciously, Kibum stretched his arms, reaching towards the letter that was probably left by his mother. Kibum opened the package, sighing as soon as he finished skimming over the words with quite a rush. His mother left late today, finally having the time to finish her own chores and didn’t leave them for her son to finish off for her. Seeing as everything was squeaky clean, Kibum dragged himself back into the bedroom, occupying himself with the curious things that passed by the apartment complex. Living on the tenth floor wasn’t so bad, but for Kibum, having a fear of height was harder than he thought it would’ve been. Ever single day, the male would take a small glance at the window, feeling nauseous as ever when he retreated her gaze back onto the bed’s material, staring at it like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Kibum sighed at his depression, sinking into the bed tiredly.
         

The raindrops continued to seep out from the grey clouds the occupied the sky, sending cold temperatures down to the dull cement grounds that was the sidewalk and the lonely roads with no cars driving through. It was another one of those days where Kibum was stuck inside, having nothing to do. But, of course, Kibum didn’t have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter