| Windows

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          Jonghyun quickly unwrapped his arm from the female’s body, making her pout. He never liked that pout, it didn’t fit her very much. It never fit any girl that his parents had assigned him with. The seventeen year old shooed her away, back down the streets that she came from. Jonghyun was truly tired, to say the least. Being the son of a famous music company manager wasn’t as easy it had seemed to be. His parents were never home to see any of the performances that he had been assigned with during the school hours. All they seemed to care about, was him getting married. But, that was only one half of the whole deal. They wanted him to get a wife quickly, and give them a grandchild before their death. But, Jonghyun didn’t like any of the girls that his mother and father seemed to have liked for him. Jonghyun could never promise them any of that, especially when they’re the ones choosing the women for him. They liked a girl with beauty, it didn’t matter if they had brains or not. Beauty and power was all they needed.

That statement made Jonghyun scoff continuously, rolling his eyes like an obsession of his, even though it wasn’t. He still had high school and college to go through before he would have time to date. But, that was against his parent’s words. They didn’t seem to mind about education, since they owned the biggest music company in the entire world, not to be conceited. Jonghyun never thought about the privilege, though he had used the title many times during school. Mostly against Kai, a person who had betrayed him many years ago. Jonghyun still hasn’t gotten over it yet.
         

Tossing himself onto the couch, he searched over the large living room. Lonely and empty. It was the two words that Jonghyun could think of as his eyes wandered around every corner of the place. His parents were never home, and even if they were, it would only be enough time to eat dinner and they would go back to the company. Jonghyun would push out his chair hesitantly, leading them to the door like a respectful son. But, he couldn’t deny that he didn’t want them to go, even if they were such a handful about weddings and relationships. Jonghyun ran a hand through his brown locks, letting out a deflated sigh, completely tired. His phone rang, startling the seventeen year old from his comfortable position. It was her again. He didn’t want to see her after she had ruined their strong relationship, just because she ‘needed’ the money. Jonghyun had refused to be in a real relationship ever since that, declining every single offer that was thrown at his feet. Jonghyun wasn’t that type of guy, knowing that the news would spread to the media quickly.
        

  Although, Jonghyun was the type to please his parents. With this message in mind, the brunette was determined to find someone. But, they didn’t have to be in a real relationship, it could’ve been fake and his parents would never know about the things that caused this insane idea. Jonghyun pushed himself off of his comfortable position, releasing a tired groan from his lips. With the thought in mind, Jonghyun rushed to his bedroom, located up the long flight of stairs. There was one object he needed for such a task. His laptop was his one priority until he had time to do anything else. The brunette slammed the doors closed as soon as he reached his destination, plopping himself on the chair near his desk. His laptop sat in the corner, no dust or cobwebs evident on the technology from the daily use. It wouldn’t hurt to ask people for some affection, just for a few hours would do. Jonghyun’s puppy-like eyes focused on the bright screen that flashed on and on from the laptop, his fingers busily scrolling through the long list of girls.

A sudden knock on his door jolted him from his seat, placing a hand on his chest to calm his shocked, beating heart that raced quickly. Sodam chuckled with amusement from the expression that came from her younger brother’s face, while Jungkook scrolled through a book as he trailed behind her. Jonghyun rolled his eyes at the pair, returning his attention back onto the laptop that sat in front of him. Jungkook placed his book down onto his cousin’s desk, fixing the glasses on his eyes and breathed slowly.
         

“Don’t you think Mom and Dad would find out about this, Jonghyun?” Sodam asked, brushing the loose strands of hair behind her ear. Sodam was a strict sister, in some ways, making Jonghyun lose his mind. Jungkook nodded behind her,  taking the laptop from his cousin’s protective embrace. Jonghyun pouted at the younger’s actions, glaring at him angrily.
         

“Sodam, you don’t get it. It’s hard being me.” Jonghyun exclaimed, reaching forward towards his precious laptop. Sodam scoffed, rolling her eyes at her little brother’s conceited comment. How… Jonghyun-like.
         

“I think Sodam is right, Jonghyun. Do you remember what happened last time when Auntie Kim busted your social media?” Jungkook asked, smacking the older playfully on his head. Jonghyun growled, shrugging his shoulders to the answerless question. He knew it was rhetorical, but they looked like they wanted an answer, though he didn’t want to give it to them.
         

“That is out of the question. Jungkook. It’s only natural for me to be… well, me!” Jonghyun replied, his eyes never leaving his laptop. The screen showed the many pictures he had taken while their family went to France for a business trip, and that only. He had no time, but to take pictures from the event that happened a year ago.
         

After the two had left, Jonghyun was sitting in the same chair, though he leaned against his bed, scooting further away from the desk that rounded the corners of his room. It was completely silent and dark outside, there were no sounds coming from the streets of Seoul, which usually were as loud as the daylight that came from the sun’s rays. Jonghyun wasn’t bothered by the silence, since he’d enjoy it either way. With the computer in his lap, Jonghyun bit his lip impatiently, his arms moving up and down each other to give warmth unconsciously.

The wait was just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter