Comfort

Color Pops (Channuneo Oneshots)

 

Comfort/pg/1950wc

In which Chansung is hospitalized and can't participate on their concerts.

 

*

Chansung doesn’t mean to whine. He has received so much yet he still has the nerve to complain. But he can’t hold it, the pain seems persistent on his body and won’t move away any time soon if not for the medicine effect. He stares at the white ceiling, regretting.

He throws a sideway glance to the door when he hears a knock. It’s what he has expected, a petite young woman wearing white uniform with her hair tucked into a neat bun. She smiles warmly and Chansung is a little worried at first, because she looks like she can’t carry a big tray containing the same hospital foods that he rather not eat and some liquid by herself at once. Behind her come a man wearing a familiar white coat, a stethoscope hanging on his neck.

There’s no resistance left in him anymore, he just let himself be put on some infusion and all that medical equipment on his body.

Maybe he is right. This was a warning from God.

*

The clock struck ten when the five of them wait on the cold steel chair, dim light complementing the devastating mood. They sat there in silence, no one dare to say anything on this quiet corridor. The uncertainty is evident on them as they had already here since eight, with no clear information of him. They were starting to get worried, of the result, of whether this can work, because two days is not a long time.

They all had their head tilted simultaneously to the source of the sound. The door opened and brought a two middle aged man, one in his white coat and the other in his t-shirt. The two of them seemed to have a brief discussion before the doctor being crowded and stormed by questions from a group of curious men. The doctor told them to be quiet and they did as told while he explained all.

Seconds passed and another man came out, this time it was the one that they wanted to meet the most. He looked dejected even when he silently walked and sat on the chair, his eyes contained nothing but agony and the five men could only stare at him and listen to the doctor’s explanation.

Chansung heard a sound of someone sitting next to him and he didn’t need to see it anymore to know who it is when he felt a warm hand on the back of his neck. The fingers worked its magic and Chansung was honestly amazed that they always managed to soothe him easily, mo matter what the circumstance. Junho was sitting beside him, obviously didn’t have the intention to continue hearing the doctor when he first saw Chansung and follow him after. Chansung could also feel it, that his worry was slightly bigger than most of them, but he didn’t want Junho and the rest of the group to worry. He just wanted them to believe that he can get through this.

When the doctor had ended his long explanation and politely dismissed himself, they, including the manager sat down on the chair. They all looked somewhat more relieved after the explanation but there was still a hint of worry and maybe some more grief so Chansung tilted his head up, staring at them as the silence fell over them. Chansung shifted slightly on his seat but Junho’s hand felt tighter around his neck and it was all he needed when Chansung’s like this, whena he was hard on himself.

“As the doctor said, Chansung will not likely to participate on the concert,” the oldest of them said in the midst of confusion, his voice a little bit croaked and Chansung noted that their manager did look a bit stressed, his frown on his head was also deeper this time. His eyes turned to peer at Chansung, “Your condition is pretty serious, you need to be hospitalized tomorrow. It’ll not endanger your life if it’s treated properly.”

Nichkhun stood up, walking to Chansung and patted his shoulder, “I know you’ll recover just fine and join us quickly.” His gentle smile is reassuring and Chansung liked it—the way the mood seemed to brighten a little and affected the other members instantly. They gathered around him and Chansung felt like one of their burdens had been lifted up.

“Of course, just give him bananas and he’ll be up running again,” this time everyone laughed at Minjun’s cheap joke but it worked nonetheless—it melted some of the ice there, just liked what Chansung want, the light atmosphere around him and lots of laughs resonating from their souls. At least he could convince the members to put some faith to him.

*

He struggles to gulp down the last spoonful of rice that’s too much for him. That says a lot considering Chansung has never been picky about food. Finishing his food with a glass of fresh water, he stares aimlessly at the white walls he slowly used to see for days. He’s bored; his body is not designed to be idle for long. He wants to join s—rehearsing for today’s concert and his body aches to dance, to feel the burning movement rippling through his bone. He knows that regretting it now won’t change anything but he still feel like he disappoint all of them. He couldn’t manage to fulfill his promise to the member, even to the fans that had waited patiently for him. But who is he to object the doctor’s words?

He hears quick footsteps from the outside that cuts off his train of thought. He tilts his head to the door and blinks when he recognizes the person.

“Junho?”

The said man only hums in response and Chansung can only stare as he continues to walk on his pace before sitting on the available chair beside the bed because it, he is presented with the sight of Junho in his messed up state that Chansung likes so much—hair damps and sweats running down from his temple like he has run a marathon.

“What?” he replies nonchalantly but Chansung notices his intake of breath when he said that, his eyes darts to Chansung’s confused one.

“You okay?” Chansung asks, concerned, because how can he not when Junho is still panting beside him.

“Shouldn’t I’m the one asking you that?” Junho is side-eyeing him now but he notices that his breath is becoming more stable.

“You look like you’ve ran for miles, besides—“

“Yeah, you can say that, it’s almost the same anyway. I’m heading straight here after the rehearsal because you know they—Minjae hyung won’t let me go here before the concert.”

Chansung hearts stops when he hears that—the feeling is all too familiar when Junho’s being like this, and he hates him for doing it so easily, making him feels. He turns to look at him, wanting to ask why but he is distracted with the way Junho wipes the sweats on his temple, swiping his fringe to the back so it exposes his forehead clearly and Chansung itches to replace his hands with his own.

“Why?” Why did you go through all this trouble for me?  He wants to say that instead but he restrains it, maybe not the best time for this.

“I don’t know. I just feel that you maybe need someone with you right now? I don’t really know the reason though—I’m just feeling a little bit concerned that’s all.” It’s cute to see Junho stutters a little and it delights Chansung more than he thought when Junho purses his lips, he seems a little bit uneasy when he notices Chansung’s stare.

“Hey, do you want a banana?” Junho takes the yellow fruit from the table, his poor attempt of diverting Chansung’s attention can be seen easily but he doesn’t mind and just chuckles at him heartily. He doesn’t want to too much or else he will storm out of this room.

“I’m not gonna recover straig—“

Junho smiles sweetly then the smile turns to a mischievous one until his eyes take the same shape as the crescent moon when he stuffs the banana (when did he peel this fruit anyway) on Chansung’s mouth, “Just eat, Chansung-ah. It’s always been your favorite.”

Right, his favorite but even it can’t cheer him up. He forces himself to swallow the fruit and looks Junho in the eyes, “Junho, I’m not in the mood, please…”

Junho takes back the bitten fruit and put it on his mouth then spares a glance on Chansung side. “You are still worried about it?” His eyes actually become softer when he says that, realizing the gloom in Chansung’s eyes.

Chansung fell silent, he honestly doesn’t want to talk about it but the amount of affection in Junho’s orbs is what makes all the burden melt into a gush of emotion he wants to get rid of.

“I disappoint you, the members, and the fans… To think that they all wait for me and this happened.” He’s not sure what’s he talking about but he feels that he needs Junho to at least understand it.

“No you don’t.” He knows that Junho will say that but the man’s calm undertone surprises him.

“I messed up.”

“No.”

“I’ve prepared so hard yet I can’t show it to them.”

“They will understand and—you still got the chance.”

“Today’s supposed to be my day and it’s the first concert, Junho. I want them to hear and watch me to perform in the stage, sing the song I mended my soul with. You know how hard I make the song; I give all my heart to it and to think that I can’t do that today—”

“I know, Chansung. I know all of those sleepless nights of yours even when you were tired as and all of your sneaking up on your filming and engaged yourself with the melody to make the song. I understand the feeling, it’s like when you work so hard for something and then the happiness when you share to the world is being robbed. But I think when it’s your time to sing, your heart will reach them." 

Chansung sighs and lets himself fall on the bed, “But still, I feel bad.”

“C’mon, it’s gonna be alright.”

“I mean, I also feel bad for the members—and for you.”

He hears a creaking sound from the chair and finds Junho standing and staring right at him, his eyes filled with warmth before they crinkle in endearment, “You’re really are the maknae, worrying over your hyung. But you should save it for yourself too, Chansung.” Junho finishes the sentences with his little laugh and pats Chansung head gently.

“You are not my hyung,” Chansung objects and frees his eyes from Junho’s because it feels weird—a good weird and he can’t help that his heart from jumping a little from the gesture. His words come out rather playful and lack of venom and that makes Junho laugh heartily.

“Well, just don’t worry too much, Chansung.” Junho warns him softly and he steps back, releasing his hand from Chansung head.

Chansung looks at him and smile, this time more sincere, “Thank you, Junho.” The man returns the smile from him and when he is about to go Chansung adds, “Good luck for the concert.”

FIN

 

This is un-betaed, sorry if there is any grammar mistake or typo.

I’m sorry too if I make them a little bit OOC 

This story was requested by syirasapphire for a long time ago, sorry for the wait XD