Once Upon A Time

Color Pops (Channuneo Oneshots)

Once Upon A Time/pg/447wc

 

Once upon a time my heart beats for you.

Looking at you right now when you’ll never know how much I want to curse at that person, for making you like this. Crumpled hair and worn out expression you recently wear, accompanied with those dark circles around your tired eyes that always cast a longing gaze when you think there’s no one watching. I always know yet I can’t do anything.

Here I’m, legs glued together on the couch with you beside me all weary and messed up and I can only look as you run your hand through your messy hair once again with anger.

“Why?” you say and your word break the uneasy silence—for me at least. I can think of hundred answers of your question, involving several insults for her in the process but none escapes my filthy mouth, not when you are vulnerable and hurt.

I place my right hand in your shoulder and pull you closer then, while my lips cast some comforting words to you and hug you like a best friend would do when you feel at your worst. Though all this time I consider you more than that.

After all those time of numerous breakups and countless ‘it doesn’t work’, will you finally open your eyes and look at me, the one who always by your side and the one who will never let your sun disappear from your eyes?

Just right here, I’m beside you. Don’t look at me with your pained eyes that I hate so much, just smile for me and I’ll never trade it for other things. Just break my heart and I’ll be okay again.

I can feel your steady rise and fall of your chest against mine so I lay you down slowly on the couch. Your tired face still speaks a thousand word of your silent cry and it makes my heart shatters at the view. I put the forgotten blanket on you and as my drowsiness takes its place on me, I decide to go to my room.

“Thank you…chan..sung” I stop at my track and I don’t know if I’m just hearing things but I clearly hear your soft mumbling ringing through my ear like a lover caress, waking me up from my stupor. I look back and I find you still sleeping. But I see a faint trace of your smile—lighting your face. It is peaceful. And once again it’s enough. One smile and it’s enough.

Once upon a time my heart still beats for you.

I fall deep but there’s no you in this hollow; you pull me deeper instead to this bottomless pit as I stand alone in the dark, watching you at far.

Once upon a time, and this feeling will never stop.