Safe With Me (jikook)

Love is...

SAFE WITH ME - jikook


Jimin was always the sweet bubbly one within BTS and that's the reason why he was shipped with every member. He was nice to each one of them and treated them with utmost love. To his hyungs, he would be respectful yet caring and to his dongsaengs, he was playful and generous. Everyone who knew him appreciated his presence and sometimes they overlook on the importance of Jimin. He was always there for everyone that sometimes it was taken advantage of.

NAMJOON
Namjoon paced up and down in the hallway. "Where are they?" He muttered. Suddenly, Jimin popped into his vision. "Ah, Jimin, can you help me wake the rest up? I'll go buy breakfast."


Jimin, wide eyed with sleep still apparent on his face, opened his mouth to protest as he was about to go back to sleep himself. He stopped upon seeing his leader's haggard face. He sighed and his heels.


I better start with the hardest members to wake up, Jimin thought. He made a beeline to Yoongi's room. "Yoongi, it's time to-"
A pillow thrown, a few swear words and finally Yoongi was awake enough for Jimin to leave the room. Thankfully Jimin was still in one piece and he left to Taehyung's room which he shared with the leader. Taehyung had a habit of falling asleep after being awakened. 


Jimin jumped onto Taehyung and shook him gently. "Rise and shine, Taetae!" Taehyung scrunched his nose cutely and let out a mew. Jimin laughed and Taehyung's back softly. Taehyung finally opened his eyes and they stared right up at Jimin. Jimin knew he wasn't fully awake yet so he made Taehyung sit up and he made Taehyung's bed so he wouldn't feel tempted to fall back to sleep. With that, Jimin left.
He headed to Jin and Hoseok's room. Jin was an early riser while Hoseok was easy to wake. He stepped into the room, only to realize both were already awake. Jin was reading a book and Hoseok was watching something on his phone. Jimin smiled gratefully and told them to get ready for breakfast.


Last and not least would be the golden maknae who was probably still sleeping in their shared room. Jimin walked to Jungkook who was wrapped tightly in his blanket. "Kookie... I have some food ready..." At the word food, a soft grumble was heard and Jimin had to stop himself from laughing. "Kookie, if you get up, I will kiss you." He joked. It was known to everyone including Armies how thirsty Jimin was for Jungkook. Jungkook sassed, "That doesn't make me want to get up any more than I do right now." Jimin pouted, "What do you want then?" 
Jungkook smiled evilly and pulled Jimin down next to him. "Cuddle me please." Jimin blushed but did as he was told. Controlling his racing heart, he snuggled up behind Jungkook. "Jiminnie..." Jungkook turned around and saw a sleeping Jimin clinging onto his back. Jungkook laughed and piggy backed Jimin around while he washed up and carried him out the same way to the kitchen. 


That was how Jimin was placed into the role of waking everyone up every morning after the leader saw how well he did, forgetting that Jimin was just as tired.

TAEHYUNG
"Jimin. Jimin. Jimin. Jimin. Jiminnie. Jiminnieee!" Taehyung whined, trying desperately to get his best friend's attention. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows but continued working out diligently. Taehyung pouted indignantly. "Yah, Jimin, you're so boring nowadays." 


Jimin huffed, "Tae, we need to work out to get our abs." Taehyung snorted, "My galaxy said I didn't need abs today." Jimin pulled a face at the alien talk. "Okay, let's make a deal. We'll finish our sets of 200 sit ups, 50 crunches and 100 push ups then I'll come play with you."
Taehyung's eyes lit up and without further ado, he started on his exercise. Jimin chuckled at his antics and using his hand to wipe his perspiration, he knelt down and continued with his sets.


After an hour of intense workout, they were done. The duo walked together and it was a comical sight. One was walking with light footsteps and a happy grin and the other was dragging his feet. However both were enjoying their conversation. 


A lot of fans shipped Vmin because they were so close. They were practically siblings if they were blood related. They shared secrets, laughed at inside jokes and had deep meaningful talks in the night. No one else would understand how deep their bond ran. If one died, the other would feel it even if they were apart. It's like they had each other in their soul. That kind of bond was not romantic in the least but one that a brother feels for another wholeheartedly and it was touching for anyone to see.


"So how's life?" Jimin joked. Taehyung grew serious. "To be honest, I'm getting a little annoyed with everyone calling me a 4D alien. It was fun for a while and I didn't mind playing the part but now, the fans are taking it to a whole new level and I'm just sad because I just want to be known as Kim Taehyung. Not some alien." Understanding flashed across Jimin's face. "It's like my problem with fans and the abs."


They both shared a sad smile.


Taehyung shook his head. "Enough of this sadness, race you back home!" With that, the journey back home was filled with laughter and joy.

HOSEOK
A stage and thousands of fans plus one Hoseok fainting was the perfect recipe for chaos. 


Everyone was panicking and the one who was panicking the most was Jimin. "What to do? Is he okay? Why did this happen? Hoseokkie hyung..." He was close to tears and Jungkook rubbed his back. "Everyone, keep calm, we'll head to the hospital now." Namjoon said in a shaky voice


Jin held back his worries and huddled everyone together to move. Yoongi just stood at the side, brain flashing with too many thoughts but unwilling to voice them out because of the maknae line. Taehyung was in total breakdown mode. He had jokingly said to Hoseok earlier that day that Hoseok looked like he was going to die and this is what happens? Taehyung was a sobbing mess and Jimin was nowhere better. He was jittery and couldn't keep still. He kept tearing up but insisted he was okay so people would tend to Taehyung. Only Jungkook noticed Jimin and stood by his side to reassure him.


Hoseok was discharged later on that day. Jimin and Taehyung took the most care of Hoseok, without caring much for their health. 
No one knew but the one who changed the towel for Hoseok, the one who was silently holding Hoseok's hand in the night was Jimin.
Sacrificing sleep to take care of Hoseok, it was obvious Jimin would fall ill. Even then with quiet coughs and fake smiles, only Jungkook knew Jimin was sick. Jungkook tended to Jimin and was the one to give him medicine when he forgets. 


When will people see Jimin's efforts and his sacrifices?

JIN
"Jin eomma, do you need help?" Jimin offered his help to their oldest hyung. Jin smiled gratefully at the boy. He nodded and passed Jimin a carrot to chop up. Jimin stood next to Jin and did as he was told. 


Jin said "I can't believe the others just left when they were on kitchen duty. Tch, Taetae got distracted by a bee that came in and Rapmon was worse help than usual. He broke the knife handle, can you imagine that?" Jimin laughed at Jin's lament. "I can help you from now on. We can be the JiJi kitchen duo from now on!" 


Jin's eyes grew wide with excitement, "Wow, you are the best, Jimin ah. The rest would run away from duty but look at you." Then Jin started fangirling about all the dishes that they could make and he trailed on with recipes that were too complicated with all the cooking terms so Jimin shut off and just nodded at appropriate parts. To be honest, Jimin regretted saying that to Jin. He was exhausted with practice and then he had to gym for 2 hours to get the abs he was famous for.Jungkook came bumbling in, "Yah Jimin ah, aren't you supposed to help Yoongi with his music?" Jimin's eyes widened and he flung the onion he was holding into the sink and ran quickly while shooting Jin a sorry look. Jin smiled and waved his silent apology away. "Go help Yoongi or he will be grumpy later!"


Jimin nodded and sped off with Jungkook's soft laugh ringing in his ear.

YOONGI
"Well, aren't you just early Jimin." A drawl that sounded almost drunk floated into Jimin's ear. He spun around quickly, meeting eye to eye with a pair of annoyed eyes.


"Sorry, I was busy helping..." 


"Let's just start now, shall we?" Yoongi rolled his eyes. Jimin's heart started palpitating. When Yoongi was in a mood like this, everyone knew to run away. There was one day when Jimin saw Yoongi's loneliness when he was in such a mood that he offered to the grumpy man that he could accompany him. However, Jimin was starting to reconsider if he had signed up for a death wish. 


After an hour, Yoongi finally burst and shouted, "JIMIN! If you are that useless, you shouldn't even have offered your help that day!" Yoongi's veins popped out angrily and his face was turning a deep shade of close to purple. Jimin's eyes watered and he gulped, trying to swallow the stone stuck in his throat. "I...I'm sorry Yoongi hyung." He stuttered while looking down at the floor. "Get out now." Yoongi said in a low tone. Jimin panicked, "What?" In a dramatic motion, Yoongi swept all the things off his table. "I said GET OUT!" He yelled, hand raised as if to strike at the cowering Jimin. Jimin did nothing to stop the blow and let his hyung whack him hard on his back. 


"Yoongi hyung!" A broken gasp sounded through the silent room. Jungkook stood in front of Jimin and spread his arms out. "You've crossed the line, Yoongi hyung." Jungkook said menacingly and huddled Jimin out of the room.


"Jiminnie hyung... are you okay?" Jimin kept quiet and pursed his trembling lips. Jungkook sighed and rubbed Jimin's hands together before blowing on it to keep them warm. Jimin shuddered and he said something.
"What?" Jungkook probed. Jimin whispered, "I am useless." Jungkook's jaw dropped. 
"Is that what Yoongi hyung said?" He growled. Jimin nodded. 


Jungkook was raging to go and teach Yoongi a lesson before Jimin spoke bitterly, "He said that but isn't it true? I am really useless. I can't get the abs the fans want me to have. They tell me that it's starting to fade and the only thing I contribute to this group is my abs, what else do I have left to contribute? I can sing high notes but you can too. I can dance but Hoseok is the best at dancing. At least I wanted to be helpful and help out the other members but I can't even do that. I'm useless, god damn it."


Jungkook dropped to his knees and looked up at Jimin's downcast face which already had tear track stains on it. He gently lifted Jimin's face and placed a soft kiss on his forehead, his cheeks, his nose and then his lips. Jimin looked up at him breathlessly and eyes shining with tears. Jungkook tenderly his face and in an earnest tone, "Jiminnie hyung, to me, you're the most wonderful person. You're the one I look forward to see each morning because you will cuddle me to get me to wake up. You're the one who knows that the best way to comfort me is to let me play video games. You're the only one who knows me, Jeon Jungkook, the seagull from Busan." Jimin giggled at that. 
"There it is. The sweet smile that you give." Jimin laughed harder and he wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck. "I love you, Kookie."
"I love you more, pabo."

 

 

 

Author's note

I'm so sorry for not updating omg i had some family issues which resulted with confiscated laptop and wifi being switched off :( I'm really sorry to one person who requested a bday oneshot which I didn't manage to do. I can't even begin to say how sorry I am. Also this one shot is for @luvarin this one is for you, Arin, hope you like it!!