Chapter 5

Tears of an Angel

As time went by in silence, my eyes gradually closed and I fell asleep on the side of the couch with my hand still tucked under Jungsoo’s neck and the side of my head resting to the side of his shoulder. I remember starting to see images in front of my eyes for a minute or two until a slight movement brought me back to consciousness. I blinked several times and lifted my head. Jungsoo was still lying on the couch with closed eyes but the complexion on his face seemed to get a little better. Most of the sweat had disappeared and some color had returned to his face. I could see his eyelids twitching slightly.

 

I let out a small sigh of relief and watched him sleep. Then my gaze wandered onto my hand under the back of his neck. I didn’t want to move it in case he woke up, but my hand was starting to fall asleep a little. I tried moving my fingers a little and they were struck with the slight pins-and-needle sensation. I bit my lip a little and moved my hand as slowly as I could out from under his neck. To my complete disappointment, he shifted a little and sighed once I pulled my hand out.

 

“Sorry, didn’t mean to wake up.” I sighed a little, lowering my head.

 

He rubbed his head tenderly and blinked up at me. “Did I fall asleep?”

 

“Yeah. I did too for a little.”

 

“I’m sorry.” He started to pull himself up but I immediately placed my hands on his arms, making him fall back down.

 

“Don’t be sorry! And don’t try to move around either! Just rest.”

 

“I really think I should go.” He wasn’t looking at me.

 

“Please. Just stay.” I said adamantly.

 

“It’s not good for either of us for me to stay.”

 

“How do you know that?” I asked, my voice filled with nothing but upset.

 

“I don’t know…but I haven’t been feeling good since I met you.” He replied quietly.

 

“But you said you felt familiar talking to me!”

 

“I did, but now I feel really sick. Even talking to you now is making me feel this way.”

 

I couldn’t speak for a moment. “…w-what are you saying?”

 

I saw a hint of tears in his eyes but he kept his head down as he sat up straight. “Maybe it’s not a good idea for us to be here like this. I think if I leave now…then you won’t be upset. And I won’t be upset.”

 

Something came over me that instant and I pushed him back down onto the couch, using all of my strength so he couldn’t move. “You seriously think I’m not going to be upset if you leave right now!? Are you that blind or are you still a little drunk!? Tell me!” I almost screamed.

 

Now he stared up at me scared. “G-get off of me.”

 

“Listen to me, Park Jungsoo. Ever since you disappeared I have been feeling like crap and my mood never really lightened up until seeing you again. I don’t know why you suddenly became weak before but that’s not any reason for you to get up and leave so easily! Whatever you’re feeling, we can figure it out together! I want to help you feel better!”

 

He seemed too intimidated to respond, so I continued talking. “You might not remember me well but I remember you. And I remember us. How we used to be so close that nothing could ever come in between, not even sickness or long trips away from each other. That’s how close we are, hyung. That’s what I don’t want to lose! Okay??”

 

He stared at me for a while in silence. “… I’m sorry… I really am… I want to remember you, but…”

 

I shook my head. “Please don’t run away again. Please.” My grip on his arms tightened a little. I was trying to cry but I could see the water forming in front of my eyes. “You mean so much to me.”

 

His eyes narrowed a little and I could see them getting a little wet too. “I…” He didn’t finish his sentence. Just stared at me.

 

The similar feeling came back to me in the form of an impulse. My hand slowly moved off of his arm and almost hesitantly hovered at the side of his face. His eyes flickered toward my hand and then back to my eyes.

 

“I…” I bit my lip. “…I think you’re the best person in the world. In my world.” I let my hand gently touch the side of his face.

 

His shoulders seemed to tense a little and his expression tightened as he closed his eyes. “Y-Youngwoon…”

 

Hearing him say my name made adrenaline rush through my veins. I suddenly felt very playful. “…say my name again.”

 

Jungsoo glared up at me. “Please get off.”

 

“No.”

 

“This isn’t an appropriate situation.”

 

“Says who?” A small grin formed at my mouth.

 

“I want to leave.”

 

“Do you really?” I cocked my head to the side a little and rubbed my thumb up and down his cheekbone.

 

The movement made him shiver a little. “Please just let me go.” He almost whispered.

 

“You like this.” I almost chuckled.

 

“I do not!” He raised his voice a little.

 

“You do.” I moved my other hand toward his wrist and slowly pulled his arm up and over his head. “You’re not fighting back.”

 

“That doesn’t mean I like it!” He squirmed a little. Now I could see his face was a lot redder than before and it made me even more excited.

 

“I think you would have gotten away successfully by now if you truly didn’t like it.” I was grinning like a child.

 

“Why are you being like this to me?” He asked very quietly.

 

“I said why, didn’t I? You’re the most important person in my world.”

 

“Then you should let me go.”

 

“No. That’s never going to happen.” My hand moved down the side of his face and my fingers grazed the side of his neck, making him shiver even more. I could see him starting to give in and relax as my hand moved down his front and rested on his chest.

 

“This doesn’t feel good.” He said, but his tone sounded the least bit convincing.

 

“Stop lying, will you?” I sighed a little. “You’re not fooling anyone right now.”

 

“No…I have a deep feeling in my heart right now… we shouldn’t be doing this kind of thing.”

 

“Just ignore it.” I shrugged a little as my fingers started to move the zipper of his sweater down and gently brushed off the sides. I could see part of the skin on his chest even in the dim lighting of the room.

 

He shook his head and grabbed my wrist. “I can’t ignore it. No matter how much I try.”

 

“Try harder.” At this point I couldn’t hold back any more. My hand holding his wrist moved toward the other side of his face and I leaned down to kiss his lips.

 

The feeling was overwhelmingly pleasurable and it sent shivers down my spine. I was half expecting him to fight me and push me off, but to my surprise he didn’t move at all. I opened my mouth a little wider and turned my head a little to kiss him deeper as my other hand lazily moved around his lower chest. I felt so happy and excited. I knew doing this kind of thing with any other guy would just be gross and awkward, but with him it was just perfect.

 

After a couple of wonderful seconds, I broke away slightly and looked into his eyes.

 

He stared back at me with half open eyes. He had completely given in. He was screaming at me to kiss him again and I took the silent order without hesitation.

 

My hand moved under the back of his neck again as I leaned back in for another deep kiss. My fingers grazed the skin on the side of his neck as my other hand very slowly moved under his shirt. I felt him tense a little and a small moan came from his lips, making me feel more excited. I moved down toward the side of his neck and left a trail of kisses down to his collarbone before pulling back some to completely pull off his sweater.

 

“Y-Youngwoon.” He whispered.

 

I took his sweater and tossed it on the ground before getting comfortable on top of him. “Hm?”

 

“Please have some self-control.” He said.

 

I grinned. “Not anymore.” I leaned in to kiss him. “I’m not holding back anymore.”

 

“We’re both going to regret this.”

 

“I’m pretty sure you’re going to change your mind.” Before I let him answer, I leaned back in for another kiss and moved both of my hands toward the bottom of his shirt. I lifted it up halfway and ran my hands down his lower chest and abdomen. He moaned again and I felt his fingers tangle in the fabric on my upper arm. I slowly moved down and pulled up his shirt a little higher, leaning in to brush my lips against his soft skin and leave short kisses behind. I felt him twitch a bit violently and a low moan came from his closed mouth. I was ready to go all the way in that instant and enjoy every moment, but then I started noticing something a bit strange. His skin started to warm up a little and I saw a steadily growing light in front of my closed eyes.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and leaned back a little in surprise. His skin was glowing. Literally.

 

“H-hyung?” I moved my gaze toward his face but he didn’t respond. His eyes were closed and the expression on his face relaxed. It looked like he fell asleep.

 

The glow around his body grew a little more. I felt the growing warmth sting my hands and arms lightly and I moved off of him quickly, staring at him wide-eyed and completely awe-struck.

 

His body started to levitate off the couch a little and two especially bright lights appeared on either side of his upper back.

 

This image immediately reminded me of the last time I saw him. I was walking in from my room to get something and when I appeared in the main room, he was in a similar state. Afterwards, the glow faded away and he woke up, but when I ran to him and asked him what the hell just happened, he didn’t respond and just ran for the door.

 

The memory struck me like a bolt of lightning.

 

“Hyung!!” I lunged toward his levitating body and pushed him down roughly, his back landing on the couch and me on top of him, holding him tightly with my head buried in the crook of his neck. “Don’t go! Don’t you dare leave me again!!” I didn’t move, genuinely afraid he would fade out of my arms or I would wake up and all of this would be some dream.

 

As breathless seconds went by, the warmth radiating off of his body started to lower and become normal and the bright glow disappeared from my closed eyes. I slowly opened my eyes and leaned up to look at his face nervously. His expression was the same.

 

“H-hey, wake up!” I shook his shoulders and placed my hand back on the side of his face. “Hyung, answer me!”

 

After a second, his eyes twitched a little and opened. He met my eyes . “Y-Youngwoon.”

 

My body relaxed but only a little. “Are you okay? What just happened to you?”

 

He continued to stare at me with light confusion in his eyes. “I…w-what do you mean?”

 

“You don’t know what happened just now?”

 

“Did I fall asleep again?”

 

“…is that what it felt like to you?” I asked quietly.

 

He nodded softly. “I felt so…comfortable.”

 

“Hyung…you were glowing. Your body was…glowing.”

 

The confusion in his eyes grew. “Glowing?”

 

“Yes. Like…you were in the middle of a bright yellow light.”

 

He didn’t respond but he looked incredibly nervous and flustered. “I-I think I should leave.”

 

I stared at him for a second before sighed deeply. “You really think I’m going to let you leave after what just happened?”

 

“I would think so! Youngwoon, I’m clearly not human! I’m nowhere near a normal person!”

 

“But I…” I sighed a little. “I love you.”

 

His eyes narrowed. “Don’t lie.”

 

My eyes narrowed too. “You really think that’s a lie?”

 

“You’re just confused and…” He glanced under me. “…excited.”

 

I probably should have felt embarrassed but I ended up chuckling. “It’s not a lie, hyung. I really do love you.”

 

He slowly looked back into my eyes. “…you said I was glowing…did that happen to me before?”

 

I stared at him, feeling very hurt. “You’re not going to say anything back to me?”

 

“Didn’t I just do that?”

 

“Don’t you love me too?”