Chapter Three

Nightly

You both laugh, the feeling of camaraderie settles between you. Minhyuk takes the coin and you said your guess. “Head.”

 

Minhyuk chuckles as you both witness the coin on its tail side. You pout disappointedly. Compelled, you take the two shot of liquors. Its bitter taste soaks your tongue down to your throat. Now, you and Minhyuk are both even.

 

“So now is the tie breaker, isn’t it?”

 

“Yah, you won’t win over me this time.” You scoff.

 

“Let’s see…” he takes the coin again amusingly. “Say your precious guess.”

 

“Tail.” You say.

 

Impossible but fate must not be in your way. After his toss, the coin rests on its head side facing both of you.

 

“Oh, crap.”

 

Taking the two shots one after the other, you suddenly feel like drifting.

 

“So, tell me that secret of yours.”

 

You feel this weird weightlessness of your head. The surroundings turn fuzzy but you can still manage. A little tilting of your head makes you felt dizzy at the same time. But Min Hyuk is always apparent even you squint for several times. You’re aware of what’s going on but it is as if your brain has been already remote from yourself. You become outspoken.

 

“I’m afraid to tell you that…” you bluntly say. Dazed, his eyes widen at the tension that your secret was laid for him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That I-I’ve always love you Kang Min Hyuk-ah,” your mouth spurts out uncontrollably.

 

His shoulders relax. His perplexed expressions comprehend upon hearing those words.

 

Minhyuk’s face becomes compassionate, guilt tethers on his eyes.

 

 

He clears his throat, sets his eyes on you, looks at your lips closely then back to your eyes. You didn’t notice that you’re also drawing near him. His charms are irresistible.  The feeling fuels your yearning for him from the time you laid eyes on him.

 

 

But things go riveting suddenly. He captures your lips. The taste of his sweet lips quickly scattered through your mouth. He caresses your jaw gently that sends electricity through your nerves. You shut your eyes and feel him. He withdraws. You meet his two set of mesmerizing brown eyes once again. He tilts his head to the other side and tastes your lips again. You share the same breath. Ground coursing through your veins and sends shivers down your spine.

 

All of a sudden…

 

 

“Minhyuk-hyung?” a familiar voice confusedly said.