Chapter One

Nightly

 

Across the high standing hotel is your owned café/bar. It looks cozy in the outside but more in the inside. In day, you operate it as a typical café to your customers. Serving one of a kind lattés and coffees, mouth-watering cakes and pastries, those are undeniably scrumptious to every customer. At night, your bar sparkles with the lively establishments around. With glamorous guests every night, no wonder you have such regular and prospective customers.

 

You are considerate yet aloof person as you can be. Perfection always exists around you as you seek far from it. Your employees treat you with all due respect at all times, whether in front of you or behind your back, owing and in debt of having a great boss like you. You hide your weakness and as much as possible you would not allow tolerating people because you are holding a reputation. Though you are temperamental and conceited most of the times, few persons can see your soft and serene side.  But only one person can make you weak and vulnerable. Just a glance of that person reveals your real side – sweet and humble.

 

That night, you have a very special guest invited to perform. Four dashing debonair men stand against the crowd as they light up the ambiance. The audience is well exhilarated and ecstatic. Watching them intently, you stand approximately three meters away from the stage. Your arms are entwined across your chest. As expected, your eyes search and lock on this captivating drummer.

 

His eyes meet yours as he gazed through the audience as if he really notices you. After the song number of the band, their leader approaches him and hands him the microphone. The guitar starts to strum an intro then he sings a song familiar to your ears. You are not sure if he really notices you. He’s too popular for him to give attention to someone like you. You just know him casually and he’s the lovely drummer of CNBlue, no doubt you are astonished by his charms and admire him secretly.

 

Minhyuk descends on the mini center stage assiduously after his performance. His eyes are sparkling, like he is still energized from that strenuous performance as always.  The other boys just disappear without your awareness.

 

Pacing near you, he sits on the tall chair, leans his elbows on the table and faces inside the bar area. You notice him with full enthusiasm, your demeanor changes smoothly.

 

“Hey!” you call him as you go inside the bar counter, requesting some errand to your waiters. He smiles back.

 

“Where are your brothers? Are you alone?” you ask him kindly as if all your fierceness evaporated in no time.

 

“They went to the dorm right ahead.” He says then calls the attention of one of the waiters.

 

“Tequila please,” he asks for.

 

“Nah,” You interrupt. “You’re not drinking. Okay?”

 

“Why not? We would not have upcoming schedules for tomorrow,” he appeals.

 

“No. Not this time. I’ll call your brothers.” You know this does not sound too well. The idea of him as drunk worries you.

 

“WHAT? No!”

 

You see that begging eyes of him like a child. Going outside the waiters’ area, you join him. “I know you have a problem. Tell me then, I’ll listen,” you said sincerely as you sit beside him, your right elbow resting on the edge of the counter.

 

“What am I supposed to tell you?”

 

 “Okay. Why don’t we have a game?” you persuade. You come up an idea to bait him to tell whatever problem he’s racking inside his brain.

 

“A game?” He smirks then gawk at you. “Sounds like a good idea.”