2/4

an adieu

day – 2

"oh, you. come here!" i wake up to the sound of victoria calling someone. my opened eyes caught a familiar figure walking into the waiting room with a plastic bag hanging on his hand. and as i guess, it's no other than him.

 

that guy pat victoria's back before he puts the bag on the table. my eyes are following him until his eyes met mine and he flashes a little smile which i don't really expect.

 

"thank you for the food." victoria asks me to sit up and makes him sit right beside me before she sits on a single couch beside ours.

 

i kind of hate her that exact moment because she actually knew what happened yet she still does it on purpose. oh, she always do that whenever we fought.

 

but that doesn't really bother me though, because i don't do anything besides staring at the packed food while hearing the two people talking about something–i–don't–really–pay–attention–to, until i slightly hear victoria's voice calling my name.

 

"i said, why don't you eat the food?" she says when i look up to her with my eyes widen.

 

i start to stutter because it feels hell awkward, don't even ask me why. "i–oh, i, just, i'm–i'm not hungry." 

 

victoria shows me a slight smirk which only myself can see. sometimes i wonder if she really is my mom because she looks like one.

 

i let out a silent sigh.

 

"i'll save them up for amber and luna then."

 

"yeah, fine," i look glance to changmin who's looking at me and clear my throat because suddenly i just feel like doing that. 

 

an idea then finally pops out on my mind.

 

looking at victoria, i say a bit excitingly, "eonni, i'll go out, okay? i feel like, um, meeting sungjae today..." i glance at her with a desperate face, secretly hopes that she will get my sign.

 

she grins mockingly and nods. "thanks, bye!!!" i say before storming out from the waiting room, leaving changmin and victoria.

 

(little did soojung know, changmin doesn't have any idea about who sungjae is, but he remains silent until victoria pats his back and says hey.)

 

outside the waiting room, people are busy walking and doing their things. while me, i'm just walking with my phone on my hand, don't know where to go.

 

about that sungjae thing, of course i lied. well, not really though. the fact that i haven't seen him around although we performed on the same stage. oh, if you guys are wondering how can i know him—i just do. he approached me first back then, and i love hanging out with him, so we're friends. nothing is weird about jung soojung being friends with yook sungjae, right? yep.

 

my phone suddenly rings and a familiar name shows up, making me completely forget about yook sungjae. i stare at my phone with a slight frown before answering it.

 

"yeoboseyo, krystal-nim." a heavy, bass voice speaks up from the other line. hearing that voice, i roll my eyes as i can imagine a little smirk is plastered on the caller's face right at this moment.

 

"what's up, the so–called–mysterious-nim?" i say while walking out to the parking area, avoiding the busy people in the studio.

 

"is changmin with you? that bastard doesn't even picks up his phone."

 

"ck." i couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed when i hear that name. "he's in the waiting room with victoria."

 

"you go out and meet me in the basement now, i just parked my car."

 

my eyes widen and look around, can't seem to find the sight of him.

 

"where are you? i'm near the door."

just seconds after i finish talking, a figure suddenly jumps in front of me and cover my mouth—GOD! at least this bastard knows that i was going to scream. i pull his pale hand from my face a little harsh, making him whimper. then, i make sure a glare lands on his apologetic face, plus a soft hit on his arm. "you don't need to scare me!"

 

"sorry." he says while wearing his mask. i look at him once again sharply, wondering; does he treat me like some kind of joke? jesus. if only this guy named lee soo hyuk isn't my friend, god... i don't know what i'm going to do with him.

 

 

after minutes walking, my lands again on the same sofa, beside the same person. victoria left somewhere just after i arrived with soohyuk, making the 3 of us drown in silent in the waiting room. but more like me, the only one who has been muted the whole time.

 

"why aren't you talking? speak up! this is your waiting room, not ours." soo hyuk says in the midst of my peace thoughts. i feel like i should really bring tape whenever i hang out with him. he's just the same as changmin, really! a god damned statue outside but an extreme bingu at heart. sigh.

 

"shut the up, oppa." i say sweetly, emphasising the word oppa. my disgusting smile is thrown to soohyuk who's now glancing at changmin, silently asking; whatthehellhappenedtothisgirl? to which changmin just shrugs and sighs. i could see it, and couldn't care less about it. why would i care, anyway?

 

"look–you two, are you having–maybe, a love quarrel or something?" soohyuk stands up, hands on his waist with his face looking so curious but sure. and to his question, i give no answer. neither does changmin. the question left with no answer, until soohyuk assumes that his thought is right so he decided to leave to give both of us time.

 

although i do appreciate soohyuk's effort, truthfully it's useless. neither of us will speak up, and once we do; it's him. he says something after a small cough, saying that he can't stay here longer and that he has to leave. i reply a small ok before watching his back finally disappear after he closes the door shut. 

 

what can i expect from him, honestly? beside than nothing. it's... nothing.