Chapter 5

Can't Stop Dancing (HIATUS)

After Lunch

“Damn, you look happy. How about I wipe that smile off your face?”

Ugh, this man.

“I don’t know why you’re so interested with my life. It seems like Mingyu isn’t keeping you entertained anymore.”

He laughs.

“Nah, Mingyu does keep me entertained. I just feel like you’re more interesting and entertaining than Mingyu.”

“To be honest, I kinda feel bad for Mingyu. He has to follow your sorry around for the whole day. I wonder where he is now.” I said sarcastically.

He hissed and lunged at me.

“You little mother-“

I dodged his fist coming to my face, and smirked at him.

“You’re just wasting your time. Go to class man.” Joshua buts in and glares at Wonwoo.

Wonwoo flicks off Joshua and walks away.

I shook my head.

“Man, is he a pain in the or what?” Joshua said while shaking his head.

I laugh.

“He’s not worth worrying about.” I told Joshua and turned around, heading towards my classroom.

At Practice

“Alright, let’s run through this dance once more, so we can move on to the final one. Hopefully, Mr. Kim doesn’t change the choreography again because then time would be wasted again.” She said, her hand running through her hair to take out the tangles.

“Can’t we take a break?” I panted. “We’ve been dancing since we got here. Please?” I looked at her, pouting.

Evelyn rolled her eyes.

“You do know that those puppy eyes aren’t gonna work with me.”

“Ugh, fine. You’re too serious about this.” I groaned.

She walked towards the music stereo and started the music.

“Well, I’m not getting my kicked by Mr. Kim.”

She placed her hands into mine and had started the routine. I can never get used to her soft, delicate hands, making contact with mine. My heart setting off, beating fast. Blood rushing to my ears, tips getting red.

Moving gracefully, in sync with me. I’ve never felt so satisfied in my life.

Without knowing, the routine had ended.

THUD

 I turned around in alarm. But all I heard was laughter.

“You thought I broke my leg or something?” Evelyn looked at me, her beautiful smile plastered across her face.

“Yeah, no .” I unconsciously let out my breath that I was holding in and grinned.

She turned towards me. Her smile had been replaced with a frown.

Hesitant, she asked, “Can I ask you something? I want you to be honest with me.”

I looked at her, confused. But still, I nodded my head.

“Were you scared of me? Before we became dance partners?”

I looked in her eyes, and saw emotions flashing. Sadness, disappointment, and anticipation.

“I, uh, to be honest, yes, I was afraid of you.”

She looked at me, sorrow filling her eyes.

“But I was afraid of you not accepting me as a friend. I was afraid that I would be rejected because you wanted to be alone. But I understand because maybe, you didn’t trust anyone. Because rumors would fly out of people’s mouths and people would start judging you.”

I never broke eye contact with her. She was surprised but quickly hid it with a small smile on her face.

“Well, I don’t think you need to be afraid of me anymore because you’re already my friend.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year GUYSS. I know I haven't updated in a while and I want to apologize for that. But hopefully, you guys enjoy this chapter! Much love~