Episode 2

We didn't get married

D.o widened his eyes and almost slapped her. He can't know her or she can't know him. This is the script. Did she go mad?

Jisook immediately forgot her frown and not knowing what to do she started laughing awkwardly. D.o replied with an even more awkward laugh who made everybody on set look at each other in confusion. 

"I mean-" Jisook tried to repair her mistake but she didn't know how. Her mind was blank and couldn't think of anything. She closed and D.o stopped laughing suddenly putting on a very awkward blank face.

"You know me because you are a fan of Exo?" He asks begging for her to reply with a yes which she did. 

He rolls his eyes. "Sit,"he said on a ordering tone. Jisook suddenly fell on the ground hugging her purse very tightly and hoping he is not THAT mad at her for screwing up. 

D.o widened his eyes in confusion and they made a very awkward eye contact. He blinked a few times and moved his gaze from her. "I meant you to sit on the chair," he said looking at the staff who couldn't be more confused but amused at their awkward and thoughtless behaviour. 

"Oh my god. Obviously!"Jisook rolled her eyes at the realisation of her stupidity and stood up immediately. "I'm sorry," she put on a new fake laugh and bit her lips nervously. 

D.o nodded and sat down on his chair while she did the same. A waiter came and gave their menus and they scrolled the pages not even looking at each other and forgetting they are filmed right now. 

"I'll have an orange juice!" They both said at the same time which surprised the waiter and he left immediately.

"It seems we have something in common," D.o said and smiled, perfecting his acting.

"I used to know someone who also liked orange juice but now that person is gone,"she said with a smile and D.o swallowed his spit.

"I'm sorry," he said and checked the backgrounds only so he doesn't look at her.

"A sorry won't bring her BACK,"Jisook said and accentuating the last word.

D.o acted like he didn't hear and looked after the waiter. "Where is my juice? I'm thirsty,"he sighed. 

"I have a drink in my purse. Do you want it?"Jisook asked. 

D.o nodded. Jisook opened her purse and searched for a bottle of green tea for her diet but who was drinkable. "It's for my diet but I guess it's better than nothing,"she said with a smile and handed him the green glass bottle. He took the bottle in his hand and immediately a memory of a shattered green tea bottle on the ground returned in his head. He hoped he could forget everything. Wait. Does she know something? He looked straight into her eyes and caught anything but a sparkle of kindness. 

 "Are you okay?"She touched his hand but he jumped a little at the small connection who felt like it burnt his hand. She removed her hand from his and smiled. "Probably you don't like green tea. Sorry. Sometimes I have the stupid thought that everybody likes what I like when it's not like that not even a bit." Jisook smiled and took the bottle back in her purse. 

D.o gave back an awkward almost smile. Soon the waiter came with the orange juices. They took their glasses and started drinking not knowing what else to say. The staff then started whispering stuff they have to say and D.o took the initiative.

"Are you excited to get married?" He asked.

"Yes. I hope it will train me for real marriage."

"You will be ready for marriage when you will find the one you truly love and care about," D.o replied.

"Actually marriage asks for more than love and care. The partners should be ready to make compromises and be ready to make the other happy without being selfish. When you start a marriage you need to remember you are not alone anymore and not make decisions that only you find right and not consider their feelings and decisions."

"You know quite something about marriage don't you?" He gave her a look that made her raise an eyebrow.

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Don't look like that at me. I've never been married before but I learned from my parents what commitment is like."

"My parents are happy as they have been when they got married but I still don't know anything about marriage." He admitted.

"You are still young to think about marriage. "

"But you are younger than me and know a little too much about marriage I bet."

"You win this bet. I do know a a little too much about marriage but that's because I want to be ready for it because only God knows what it's going to happen to me and my husband."

"You are very interesting," D.o smiled and she remained surprised.

"Thanks. You too are very handsome."

"Only handsome? That's the only thing good about me?"He asked teasingly.

"No no!"She said and waved her hands."There are many good things about you I bet. Things that I still don't know about."

"And cut!" The director yelled. He then walked to them. "Sorry but it was taking too long and we have a limit. But even if you started a little weird you continued very good. People will love you I'm sure."

Everybody started bowing to each other. "Great work everybody." Jisook and D.o both told the staff. 

"Let's move to the next location,"the director said and people started gathering and moving the equipment. 

Both D.o and Jisook went with their managers who drove them to their next location. The next location is the place of a fortune teller who will tell what the future couple to expect from their marriage. 

After the lights were set and the equipment was in place D.o and Jisook had a wardrobe and makeup change to make it look like they are filming in another day. 

"You two will enter togheter and you will let the girl be first so you look like a gentleman. Then you will sit on those two chairs. The medium will take your hands and tell you what she sees." The director explains to the two. They nodd.

They sit where they are supposed to and wait.

"Camera rolling and action!!!"The guy says and they both breath to calm themselves before walking in the room with Jisook in front. They took their seats.

"Annyeonghaeseyo,"they saluted the older lady with respect and she nodded.

"So what are you here for?"She asked.

"We want to know what we should expect from our future marriage," D.o said as the script indicated.  

"Of course. Give me your hands," the older lady said and took their hands in hers while closing her eyes and concentrating on their supranatural energies. "Hmm interesting." She said as she watched their pasts developing in her mind. "Oh." She said this time less positively. 

"Is there something wrong?"Jisook asked worried and looked at D.o  who shared the same worried face.

"This is a little personal. Shouldn't have looked into it." The older lady continued searching now for their future. "Oh my god!" She exclaimed with a scared face. "Your future togheter does not look good." 

"This is not what she's supposed to say," the staff started whispering. 

"You togheter are not good. You will hurt people because you cannot move on from the past. If you want happiness you shouldn't have come to this show. You should avoid each other because you two are too kind."

"What is this supposed to mean? We are not getting married for real,"Jisook asked scared.

"You should not get married if you don't want people to get hurt. You are so kind that you both really care for the persons who hurt you so much,"she continues.

"Stop camera!!" The director says and the cameras stopped.

The woman let go of their hands. 

"You are not supposed to say whatever pops into your head. We gave you a clear script," the director tells the woman annoyed. 

"I don't follow scripts. These two young people diserve to know the truth." 

"This is a show. We need to film for it or we'll lose our jobs. You say what the script says or we'll have to fire you," he says. 

While the two fight, D.o and Jisook look at each other. They are shocked of what the woman said. They definitely have history togheter. Not a romantic one.

What if everyone finds about it?