Chapter 1

Keep the Faith
Please log in to read the full chapter

So my army dates might be wrong so feel free to correct me... And also this is my first ever fic focusing on two guys so please go easy on me!

Slight romance but no ...But hope you enjoy this one-shot of YunJae and let me know what you think! #YunJae4eva

October, 2015 - Army Encampment

 

It had been about five years since that fateful day and Yunho realised again with a bitter heart how much things have changed. He presently stood on stage with a smile plastered on his face despite the sun glaring into his eyes. It was what was expected of him as the MC. Yet as his eyes watched the familiar figure below sing and move around, he felt the feelings he had buried deep within threaten to burst out. So he clapped. He pretended he was fine. He acted the role even as his heart broke.

Jaejoong was below the stage performing, moving around to cater to the fans that had gathered. All the while, he avoided looking to the stage where he stood. But try as hard as he could, he could not shake off the feeling of the other man's eyes on him. It made his heart beat quicken, his palms sweaty and he cursed at himself inwardly. It had been five years. He shouldn't be feeling like this again for whatever they had...was lost.

 

November, 2008 - Seoul Olympic Stadium

 

It was the night of the MKMF and as DBSK, the two of them including Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin were required to attend. They were nominated for a few categories tonight but Jaejoong was not confident that they would win. Many of the other candidates were very strong such as Big Bang and Wonder Girls. He gave a small sigh that went unnoticed by everyone-or so he thought. He then looked up and met the eyes of Yunho who was looking at him from where he sat beside Changmin. Thinking that the other had something to say to him, Jaejoong leaned forward which forced Changmin beside him to lean back as he was talking to Junsu two seats down. To his surprise, Yunho's hand reached across Changmin's lap and grabbed hold of his hand. Instinctively Jaejoong turned his hand so it was palm up and Yunho's fingers rested on them easily as he leaned forward. "Have faith in DBSK and in us." Yunho whispered before pulling back with a small smile and releasing Jaejoong's hand, his touch lingering for a second longer than usual. Though it was brief, it was those kinds of moments that warmed Jaejoong's heart. Yunho knew him better than anyone, could tell his mood even when he tried to hide it. Prompted by his words, Jaejoong was determined to have faith. They would win tonight and things would all be fine.

Yunho saw that his words had the intended effect on Jaejoong who had perked up slightly. He knew the other would be discouraged and did not wish him to have negative thoughts all night even if the group did not win anything. As the night pressed on, Yunho found himself wishing that he was sitting next to Jaejoong and not Changmin. He had absolutely nothing against the maknae but he felt he needed the assurance of Jaejoong’s presence to keep him calm. So it was he decided to take a short break just as another group prepared to perform. He didn’t know whether or not the other man would follow him as he left his seat and walked out but hoped that he would. Upon reaching the empty hallway, Yunho let out a deep breath and leaned against the wall while running a hand through his hair. What was he doing? He had an image to uphold plus the name of DBSK. Why was he letting his emotions run away with him? Just as he decided to go back in, certain the other man wouldn’t be coming, the door opened and Yunho felt all his worries float away. Before the other could speak, Yunho stepped forward and brought his lips upon Jaejoong’s while holding his face with both hands.

Jaejoong let out a cry of surprise upon the sudden kiss but immediately gave in. His arms went around Yunho’s waist as he opened his mouth to allow Yunho’s probing tongue to enter. Their tongues and played with each other and Jaejoong felt his mind go blank like it always did when Yunho kissed him. He wanted to continue kissing him, his best friend and lover combined in one. However, breathing was necessary and the two parted lips reluctantly. Panting slightly, Jaejoong rested his forehead on Yunho’s who was staring back at him breathing heavily.
“I love you…” He whispered bringing one hand to caress Yunho’s cheek.

Yunho smirked and grabbed Jaejoong’s hand, bringing it to his lips and planting a kiss into his palm. “Not as much as I love you.” He then r

Please log in to read the full chapter