Chapter 3 Into The New World

SBS Roommate Season 2 (One shot collection)

(#NOTE- IN THIS STORY JESSICA IS STILL WORKING UNDER SM ENT.)

Sunny's pov

"Soon kyu-ya . What's wrong with you? Did you lose weight again?"

"Yes, I think I lost a little weight."

"Is this some new form of dieting or are you not feeling well? "

"Unnie , just leave me alone for now. I want to sleep."

She hesitated slightly before leaving the room. I looked at the mirror at my pale complexion. The weight loss was so apparant. It's not really my fault though, every year around this time I tend to loose weight

April 18. It was getting closer again. Every year, this month comes with a big baggage of migranes and sleepless nights. When I do finally get some sleep, the dreams haunt me. No, I don't have nightmares. But I wish I did. Nightmares would have been far better than those sweet memories that make me feel guilty and sad to the core of my heart.

A sigh escaped my trembling lips as I lay on my bed. I was back home for the 
weekend. It had been like a tradition now. For the past 3 years , each year around this time I came back home. It helped me escape reality and the empty feelings.

"Home." I whispered to myself as a tear rolled down.

ㅠ.ㅠ.ㅠ.ㅠ.ㅠ.ㅠ.ㅠ.ㅠ.ㅠ.ㅠ

"Omo , aren't you Sunny from Snsd? " A cute girl in pink cardigan asked me. I was at the grocery section of the shopping mall looking around for some snacks in my hoodie .

"Yes, I am." I replied in a soft voice.

"Wow. Eonnie , I am a fan." She squealed clasping her hands to and dropping all the snacks she had been carrying in the process.

I smiled at her reaction as she fumbled with her hands.

"Eonnie can I take a picture with you? " she asked shyly and I nodded my head back at her. "This is my lucky day. Eonnie are you here with Jessica? I think I just saw her on the 3rd floor too.But I am not rally sure. You guys are really good friends right?"

My eyes widened and it got difficult to breathe all of a sudden. Adrenaline took over my bady as I rushed towards the third floor leaving the girl in confusion. My eyes scanned each and every corner of the mall to get a glimpse of her. She was back in Korea! I frantically ran around but I couldn't find her.

I finally saw her when I glanced back at the ground floor. She was looking back at me with a stoic expression, her eyes unreadable. She looked beautiful like always. Before I could raise my hand to wave at her she put on her sunglasses, turned around and left. I ran towards the ground floor as fast as I could but when I finally stepped out she was nowhere to be seen.

The feeling of emptiness settled on my stomach again and I had lost what little appetite I had for those snacks.

I took out the extra large sunglasses from my pocket and covered my face as people started pointing at me. I stared at the sky willing my tears to go back . My phone buzzed at that moment. I hastily pulled it out from my pocket hoping it might be her but I was filled with dissapointment. Not that I didn't want a call from Ryohei oppa but at the moment I just wanted to hear her voice.

"Yes , oppa." I said trying to sound abit cheerful while walking towards my car.

"Sunny-ya . Jong ok noona just called me to say that she was thinking of having a reunion samgyeopsal party for us roommate members . She said she misses us a lot. You up for it? "

"When ? " I asked as I unlocked my car.

"Day after tomorrow " Came his prompt reply.

"There is going to be a lot of soju
right?" I asked again as I started the car.

"Yes." He replied but in a careful voice this time.

" Perfect. Just text me the address and time." I said as I ended the call and drove towards the drom.

The next morning I had a Cf shoot along with Yoona. We first headed towards the agency.

"Is the ceo free right now?" I asked the receptionist.

"He is having a short meeting. You should wait in the waiting room for a while." Came her reply.

Yoona and I did as we were told and headed towards the waiting room. Yoona opened the door and paused. Her expression turning from a smiley one to that of shock, like she had seen a ghost.

"What is it?" I asked jabbing her lightly with my elbows as I peered over her and froze on the spot too.

Jessica was sitting on the leather sofa and looking at us , calculating our moves. 
"...sica unnie. You are here?" Yoona asked ,her voice sounding dazed. We haven't seen each other for the past 3 years so this was a normal reaction. But Jessica on the other hand seemed to be cool and collected, like she had been practising her lines before talking to us.

"A good morning to you guys too. What do I do? I am still under SM entertainment. I have to show my face here once in a while." And she smiled, the kind that looked sarcastic. I couldn't blame her though. This rude behavior, I had been expecting it. She had all the right to be angry with us. I thought that she would shout at us or hit us if we ever met face to face. But she was here and trying to be civil.

"I've missed you." Yoona said , her eyes already misty with tears.

"You must've. I saw all those interviews you guys did back then. I am sure you guys have missed me." She replied her voice sounding a bit softer. When Yoona moved towards her she raised her hand though and continued ," But that still doesn't change things. You girls are Snsd and I am just Jessica Jung now. "

"I am sorry." Yoona spoke again, trying to control her voice.

"Stop that." Jessica shouted back. I just stood there not really knowing what to do. I had thought about all the things I would say to her when we met again but right now my mind was blank. I couldn't even think of a reply.

Jessica stood up and walked away from us. The clock on the wall seemed to be magnified all of a sudden.

Tick-tock

The sound seemed to be 1000 times louder. It reminded me of back then. How I couldn't do anything at that time either.

Tick-tock

"Yoona you talk to uncle for now. I will be back in a minute." I shouted as I ran after Jessica. I didn't have to run far though she was on the slumped on the floor against the wall of the corridor. I slowed down and stopped , then sat opposite to her.

"Why are you here?" She asked in a dead voice. "After all the trouble I went through to avoid you guys. Why are you here again?"

I just kept quiet and stared at her. I had missed her so much. Even though I had hundreds and thousands things to say to her I just sat mum.

"How have you girls been? Did you guys change the sleeping arrangements? Is our home in Japan still the same? There are so many things I wanted to talk about. But just seeing you guys it reminds me of that time. I am still angry at you guys but I am more angry at myself. We were all at fault back then. " She then paused, took a long breath and stood up. "I've missed you Sunny. I've missed my home. But I am not ready to come back yet. I... I still feel hurt whenever I think about it. I know that I was at fault too but I still get angry and feel betrayed."

And then she walked away. Again.

(×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×*×)

Jackson and Youngji were fighting again. Kang Joon was continually hooked up with his phone, smiling at the texts he received once in a while. I have a feeling that he is dating someone, maybe he met that girl from the article. Jong ok unnie was talking about her visit to her daughter's place in America .

What I mean is everybody was getting a little tipsy and everyone was on their own world. The voices around me had started to sound like bees buzzing and the only thing I could notice was the green bottle and the glass in front of me.

"What's the matter?" Ryohei oppa asked sliding in between me and Jackson to talk to me. I did notice he hadn't had anythink to drink tonight. I grinned widely at him and raised my glass as I replied," Everything is fine. The world is safe and sound. Oppa why aren't you drinking anything tonight? "

"I need to take care that you guys don't end up killing someone in your drunk state." He replied playing with the sausage in front of him.

"Aaaiii." I drawled my words as I hit him lightly with my fist. He winced in pain. Well I'd meant to hit him lightly.

"Did something happen?" He asked again, "Guy problems?"

"Aniyo~. I broke up with my last bf quite a few years ago. I don't even feel like dating anyone anymore. Guy problems have never bothered me that much . Ah!" I exclaimed out loud all of a sudden. "How could I forget about that nappun namja? My first love. He dumped me ..." My voice started to crack and I could feel the tears in my eyes. " And ... and . You know I saw Jessica today . That nappun yeoja. I couldn't say anything to her. Why is everyone so bad to me? I missed her so much and I..." I explained in between my sobs and tears.

(*Aniyo=no ,nappun namja/yeoja=bad man/girl*)

I looked around myself to see that everyone was staring at me. Jong ok unnie came up to me and hugged me. Jackson joined in and Young ji too. I think the rest joined in too because we were suddenly all closely packed and I was getting kind of crushed.

"Who was that?" Guk ju asked from somewhere within the human ball that we were, as a stinky smell spread within our group.

"Oh. I am sorry. I was trying to hold it in because the moment was getting sentimental but BAM! My fart escaped." Joon hyung oppa exclaimed and continued, " Oh , the smells really bad."

We all laughed and moved away from the group hug. It was stinking too much. These warm people that were surrounding me ,they are my family too. With them I find myself at home. I wiped my tears and laughed at their random jokes and stopped drinking for the night, not for myself but for these people who were surrounding me.

We were at Jong ok unnie's house so many of us decided to stay the night here and unnie wouldn't allow them to leave either,saying that they were all too drunk.

The rest of the members adjusted themselves in the guest room and the living room while I headed towards Jong ok unnie's room just like before. It felt nice to be back with her. Memories flitted through my mind. When I think about it now, if at that time I hadn't joined roommate then I don't think I would have been able to overcome that moment at all. At that time there was too much confusion surrounding the dorm and the agency as a whole. So when I had heard that 'roommate' was looking for a new cast I joined in for fun and to get away from the depressing environment surrounding me. And I am glad I did.

"Sunny ,come here." Jong ok unnie said softly to me as she patted the place next to her in her bed. I went up to her and lied on the bed and rested my head on her lap. She continuosly my hair, patting me gently once in a while.

It was moment like these that always made me see her as a motherly figure. She was bad at cooking and still a child at heart but whenever I was down she stood up firmly for my shake. She was a strong woman who had been through so much and even with our age difference we connected . She didn't ask me to explain myself. She didn't say anything , she just waited patiently for me to speak.

"Jessica's birthday is coming up." I stated.

"I know. You are starting to loose weight again." She replied back softly.

" I still feel bad about her. It's been such a long time but I still feel guilty. She said we were all at fault." My voice cracked at that.

"There is nothing to feel guilty about. It was never your fault. It was not anyone's fault. It was just how things ended up. Somtimes there is no exact reason why things happen."

"I still remember the hurt look on her eyes the last time we met. She was trying so hard to put up a brave front. I keep on thinking I could've done something, anything ..." My voice was no more louder than a whisper.

"If I could I would take all your pain for myself. You are so young yet you've already been through so much. But do you know something?" She asked , her voice sounding more like a lullaby as sleep was trying to take over me.

"Hmm?" I asked .

"You are brave and you are strong. I don't think many kids these days are as frank as you. You say what is on your mind and never try to butter things up. I've always liked that about you. So , even if I can't take away your pain I know you will be able to overcome it. You will definitely find your own way. "

I drifted to sleep at that point , wondering if she was really talking about me. It was how I had viewed her all along and how I had aspired to be as a person. A smile made its way towards my lips and I slept contended.

×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×.×

"Uncle you love me don't you? "

"What's wrong with you? Why are you asking such questions all of a sudden?" The ceo aka my uncle looked at me with a slightly baffled expression. I was seated opposite to him on his office and I had a plan in my mind.

" Help me. Please "

× * × * × * × * × * × * × * × * × * × * × * × * × * × *

I was waiting for her outside her current apartment. It had taken a lot of pleading and emotional blackmail to get this address from my uncle. I was also able to get my hands on her schedule. Right now I was waiting for her to come back from a fashion magazine shoot. I don't know when but I dozed off in front of her door. Well it was probably a good thing for my image that this floor didn't have many residents .

"Sunny! Wake up. Yah~ phabo-ya wake up." Her soft hands shook my shoulders gently. "I know you love sleep but isn't this too much? How can you fall asleep on the corridor?"

How long has it been since I had been woken up by her. Not that she used to wake me up often back then. That girl was a sleep-lover too.

"5 more mintues." I replied out of habit to which she chuckled.

My eyes flew open at that. Was I hearing right? Was she giggling because of me? I stared at her with wide eyes.

"Be careful, your eyes might fall out." She replied standing up. A light smile still traced her lips but her eyes still looked cold.

"What are you doing here?" She asked opening her door and entering it. When I stood there unsure of what tobdo she asked again,"Aren't you coming in?"

"No." I replied determined to complete the task I had come here for. She turned around surprised. I then continued," At least not now, not yet."

I then hastily pulled out a handmade invitation card and gave it to her. She just stared at it like it was some sort of trap.

"April 17 , we are having a concert be there. Please." When she didn't move I reached forword for her hand and placed it there. " I will be waiting." I turned around to leave but then I turned around again to face her.

"You said you haven't forgiven us yet , you said you haven't forgiven yourself right? That you are not ready to come back. Jessica we have been apart for 3 years already. If your heart isn't ready yet then I don't think 3 more years is going to help because you still haven't tried to forgive anyone. Just be brave and take that first step from your side because we have been waiting. It was never your fault. It was not anyone's fault. It was just how things ended up. If you keep these feeling bolted up then you are the one who will suffer the most. Just let it go ." I then turned around and walked away.

×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×. ×.

The auditorium was filled with people. This was a charity event for an orphanage so it wasn't actually a very huge event. The first rows were filled with children and the rows that followed was for the vips. I had given Jessica a ticket for the Vip section and she should have been here by now. I kept my finger crossed and hoped that she would come.

It was almost midnight and we were backstage changing our outfit. We only had 1 song left. I hadn't told the rest of them about inviting Jessica and my other plan. It seems that my nervousness was apparant.

"What is it? Why do you look so nervous?", Taeyeon asked me.

Oh my god they were going to kill me for doing this.

The Mc's voice boomed exactly at that time,"So are you guys enjoying yourself." The screamimg of the audience answered the question. "Now for the next song our girls are going to perform their very first debut song 'Into the new world.' "

The audience cheered loudly at that.

Confusion infiltrated the backstage as we hadn't practised this song. While everybody looked at one another I looked at the floor trying to avoid eyecontact with anyone.

"What is he talking about? We haven't practised this song." Tiffany stated .

"What is this all of a sudden?" Hyoyeon asked to no one in particular.

"We can do it if it's the ballad version." Su young added.

And then the intro for our debut song started, the original version.

" What do we do now?" Yuri asked with widened eyes.

The intro lasts for about 25 seconds and now we had 20 seconds left.

"Somebody has to take Jessica's part." Taeyeon replied trying to maintain a cool head but the panic could be seen clearly.

15 secs left.

"Yah Sunny what sort of direction was that in your hand-drawn map. I couldn't reach the auditorium at all. And a man offered to help me but he ended up sending me here. " We all turned towards the source to see a fuming Jessica. As soon as all of our attention was focused on her , her expressions took a 180° turn. Her eyes filmed with tears and she smiled at us which was close to a crying face.

10 secs left.

"Sica.!"

"Unnie!"

"Jessica."

Everybody shouted at once and rushed towards her but she held her hand up and asked."What are you doing here? Why aren't you guys on the stage yet?"

5 secs left.

All of us stared at one another. After 3 years we were finally together.

Uncle might kill me for this stunt I pulled off but that was something to worry about later.

Well we were never going to be the same Girl's Generation as when we debuted. Jessica wouldn't be joining us again. Things had changed a lot after all.

But we all knew that in our heart we are together forever.

And from now onwards we would have a new bond between us. Hopefully something stronger than before.

I caught Jessica's eyes and she smiled widely at me. I then screamed ,"Let's do this."

0 sec left.

Taeyeon entered the stage singing her part," Jeonhae jugo shipeo seulpeun shigani
Da heuteojin hueya deullijiman"

Seohyun entered the stage next , "Nuneul gamgo neukkyeo bwa umjigineun maeum
Neoreul hyanghan nae nunbicheul"

Jessica followed after her. "Teukbyeolhan gijeogeul gidariji ma
Nunapeseon uriye geochin gireun "

The crowd went dead silent for approximately 3 secs and then they cheered the loudest we had heard tonight.

The rest of us joined in simultaneously after that.

Jessica later thanked me saying that this was her best birthday ever. She got to return home after all. Even though she ended her contract with Sm entertainment we are able to keep in touch now. Our friendship somehow survived this ordeal and all of us have decided to move on from the past.

We are learning to forgive and forget .

We are entering a new world.

= + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = +

Behind the scenes

Ryohei's pov

"Oppa thankyou very much for finding Jessica on time. Well you were almost late but I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will treat you to really delicious food someday." Her voice sounded really happy .

Even though we were talking through the phone and I couldn't see her I knew she was smiling giddily right now. I hadn't really wanted to mislead people around but because of this she was smiling right now. On the stage she looked the brightest today , her smile the widest and in the end that's all that matters.

O.o o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

A/n

(So I listen to SNSd but I am not really a huge fan so I don't know what exactly happened in the above oneshot either. I just love Sunny. If you guys have watched the video about Sunny talking about Jessica in her radio show then you will understand how I ended up writing this. If you haven't watched it I suggest you watch it ,it's only 1 min long but really heart warming.

I hope they can be together again,someday , somehow.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lpKncEpcMo     <----- that is the link of the video I am talking about.  I couldn't find the shorter link but this one is also only 4 minutes. Sunny expresses her feelings after listening to the Roy Kim's "Home".

Btw does the link work? I don't really understand how asian fanfics work. Still a rookie here T.T

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed it and that's it for the one shot collection. Thankyou for going through these stories. 

*90 degree bow.*