Sorrow

Q.U.A.K.E.s

It was times like this that had me thinking was life really worth all the pain. I mean with my parents divorcing, my best friend dying, and going half way around the world to live in America life has showed me there is no meaning to it. So walking through those doors of my fathers childhood home made those feelings of pain sadness and sorrow increase. Walking through  those doors made me sick to my stomach also.

So to forget about the pain I thought about other things. I thought about when things first went wrong in my life. I thought about when my best friend died. That day was suppose to be our best day ever, but turned out to be my worst known nightmare. Thinking about it did stop the sickness but increased the pain.

(Flashback)

Walking outside the doors to my house I stood outside for ten minutes waiting for my fiend Hongki. Today was suppose to be the happiest day of out lives. We had just won two tickets to go to Japan for free plus they were going to take us there in a first class plan. Cool right, but sadly Hongki is late like usual. When is the kid going to learn to appear earlier at places other then his pedicure and manicure appointments.Aish that kid worries me to much.

Calling the saved number of Hongki I waited until an unfamiliar female voice answered. It sounded as though it had been crying a few minutes before I had called the number.

"Hello this is Heechul can I speak to Hongki" I paused when I heard the voice over the reliever break into a new set of tears. I wonder what the hell happened to make them cry like someone died.

"H-heechul it's me S-sohee, H-hongki got i-into an acc-cident and the d-doctor s-said he m-m-might not make i-it out a-alive"  Hearing what Sohee said made my heart stop beating. Hongki my Hongki the Hongki that just an hour ago was talking to me about how our summer at japan would be like. She must be going cazy it can't be him.

"Sohee what hospital are you in  right now" I asked all playfulness out of my voice. I had to get there soon to find out if he's going to be o.k.

"Heechul were at Bundang Jesaeng right now" Sohee said getting quieter. I rushed  inside getting the keys to my car. All I could think in my head was this was not happening was I drove to the hospital. Nearly getting into a wreck myself I arrived there in under 20 minutes. I rushed inside finding Sohee in the waiting room. Seeing  me she rushed to give me a hug crying more than I have ever seen her cry before.

"Sohee were's Hongki's mom" I asked her in confusion seeing as the only family he had wasn't here. When I asked her she also stiffened in my hug causing me to grab onto her shoulders to see what was wrong.

"Sohee what also happened to Hongki to cause this accident." I asked her turning more serious by the minutes passing.

"Hongki and his mom got into a fight the last I saw him he was going outside with a big wound on his head like someone hit him with a bat they think he had past out while driving and lost control of the car."  After hearing what she said I paused. If that really happened why wouldn't he have called me to help he knew I would have been thee in a heart beat. Something strange is truly going on here.

Suddenly the doctor came out stopping any other words to come out of my mouth.

"Are you any part of the family" The doctor asked me. He seemed somewhat familiar to me somehow.

"No were not apart of the family but were close. His mom was unable to come is there anything wrong" I said in a blur of words. The doctor smiled sadly at us. At that moment I knew what was wrong.

"I'm very sorry for your lose" was the only thing he said before leaving us. Hearing those words Sohee burst into a new set of tears and fo me everything just stopped. The world stopped spinning and my heart stopped beating causing happy Heechul to leave the face of this world. 

(Flashback End)

Then two weeks after we had the funeral my parents got a divorce and I had to move here with my dad. I let out a dry laugh. Oh the irony of my life. I thought those last thoughts before leaving the go upstairs and unpack.