Mentor

Dancing to His Rhythm

 

“So?” Seunghyun collapsed on the floor, not in quite as good a shape as he had led himself to believe. The expression on Youngbae's face was grave. He hadn't really been all giggles and cotton candy before, but his hardened tough-guy expression had turned sour. It couldn't mean anything good.

“Look.” Seunghyun started out of breath and out of excuses. “I know I'm not a naturally born dancer and I know you only respect those with the calling to be a dancer above all else, but I don't want to lie to you. No, I have never dreamt of being a dancer, mainly because I give an entirely new meaning when I even try it, so it has never been an option, but I have a dream, a really serious dream that I'm passionate about. I'm ready to do anything for my dream, and on the rare occasion when I actually put my mind to something, I tend to give it my all. You might not think much of my dream, and feel I am disrespecting your calling by using it as a stepping stone to somewhere else, but my dream is no less of a dream than yours. And I have great respect for the art of dancing, I have always admired those who have the gift. Also, part of being a great actor is not to be afraid to step out of one's box, to accept great challenges and finding a way to overcome them and add the experienced gained to your repertoire. I know you don't owe me anything and I'm totally going out on a limb here, you don't need me but you are all I've got. You are my only hope. You have no reason to waste your time on me, but have you considered that you might learn something too? If you shy away from the big challenges in life, you will never grow.” he had no idea where he was going with this, he was just trying to bull his way out of this mess in which he had gotten himself. He was being honest, though. He probably should have left out those last two sentences, calling Youngbae a coward was perhaps not the best way to get him to cooperate, or to stay alive with all of his limbs intact for that matter. He had no idea what to expect, yet he didn't falter, keeping eye-contact with him while preparing his muscles to run like hell if need be.

“You calling me short?” Youngbae's eyes narrowed into tiny half-moons.

. , , . He had accidentally hit a nerve. Youngbae was short, really short. Like a cute, feisty little Chihuahua you could put in your pocket, but if you did, it would end up biting you in places no one should ever try biting. Should he just bolt right now?

“Don't faint, missy. You're white as snow.” Youngbae snorted. “You're going to need stronger nerves than that if you're going to survive my training.”.

Seunghyun sprang up.

“So...So...does that mean...” he was beside himself.

“Does that mean you'll do it?!?!” he bounced up and down, he couldn't help it.

Youngbae came at him full speed, pushing him backwards so hard that he almost tripped. He might be short, but he was strong. You could see how his muscles moved with every step and every push, lean and elegant. He could sense all the hours it had taken to get that perfect body, that perfect form, though at the moment he was too freaked out to appreciate it fully. As they approached the wall, he didn't slow down, slamming him up against it. At impact, Seunghyun could feel how all the air got knocked out of his lungs, searing pain taking its place.

As Youngbae pressed him up against the mirror, the cold surface caressing his back, he couldn't help but notice how beautiful Youngbae really was. He might act all tough, but his delicate looks gave him away. He was sure there was a sweet guy somewhere deep down inside. Pressing harder, almost to the point that it hurt, Youngbae leaned in real close, fire in his eyes. Okay, so really deep, deep down inside.

Seunghyun cleared his throat, trying to avoid looking into the two intense eyes that were staring him down. He felt as if he was looking right through him, straight into his soul. He tried to do a quick clean up, like one would do when someone showed up at one's place unannounced and there was dirty laundry all over the place. His intentions were pure. Or at least he thought they were pure. Although feeling Youngbae's rock-hard thighs pressing up against him, an impure thought or two made a break for it. He did his best to chase them down, but got distracted as he felt his warm breath on his face, he was that close.

“You're mine now.” Youngbae muttered menacingly through his teeth, not blinking once. Seunghyun took a sharp breath, swallowing what felt like a two ton anvil. He felt a growing presence in his gut, an ominous knot. Not good. He had sworn off those kinds of knots, for life. Yet he couldn't tear himself away from those eyes, left with no choice but to stare right back.

“I mean it.” Youngbae cleared his throat as he looked away, releasing him from his one man prison. “The moment I feel you are not giving it 400%, I'm done.”.

“500%!” he put his hand on his chest, as if he was making an oath.

“And you have to do everything I say. When I say everything, I mean E V E R Y T H I N G.” Youngbae was as serious as a heart attack.

“Oh, everything, huh?” he smirked, daring a wink. Youngbae's death stare erased the smirk in under a second. “Yes sir, everything, sir.” he did an army salute, clinking his heals together and everything.

“I'm so going to regret this.” Youngbae sighed, his expression softening slightly as he shook his head, rubbing his forehead. “Alright, come along, Snow White. We don't have much time. Let's grab a bite and get to it. You can kiss your weekend goodbye, that's for sure”.