Chapter 4

A Promise to Protect

A groan of dismay pealed past her thin lips as she kept walking without stopping. She recognized Chen's voice calling out to her and was in no mood to deal with the rest of his group. 'Just get one more block and you'll be home.' Myunghee told herself as she kept walking. 

 

The rain suddenly stopped above her as a shadow fell across her vision. "Its awfully rude to ignore someone while they're trying to talk to you." A voice that was deeper than Chen's, but not Chanyeol's, sounded by her ear and she turned to see the same dark boy with the puppy eyes that was staring at her in class earlier. What had his friends called him? Kai? 

 

"Mianhae, but I didn't hear you." She said stubbornly and tried to keep walking, but Kai was in front of her again. Wasn't he just behind her? She would have seen him move around, wouldn't she?

 

"You groaned when Chen called out to you. Don't lie, miss. That's just as rude." Kai's full lips twisted into a smirk as he stood in her way. Were all these boys nothing more than stubborn and snarky?

 

"Kai-yah, be nice! You can't scare her away, since you want to talk about being rude." Myunghee turned to see a shorter boy with big doe eyes and heart-shaped lips standing at the front of the group. She didn't recognize his face. 

 

"Please. My old chihuahua is scarier than him. If you'll excuse me boys, I need to go. I'll see some of you in class tomorrow I guess." She turned to walk away before Kai's hand caught her arm. 

 

"Why don't you spend a little time with us? We don't bite." Kai chuckled lowly and started to pull her back toward his group of friends. While the girl was strong, she was far too weak to break away from Kai. 

 

"Hungry?" The boy she recognized as Chanyeol asked. The group began walking, Myunghee ended up in the middle. She started to grab for her phone in an attempt to call Nara, but it wasn't in her pockets like it was prior to running into EXO. She looked up to see a tall, feminine faced male playing around with her device. 

 

"Yah! My phone! Give it back!" She called and tried to get it back, but the boy just laughed. 

 

"What's the matter? Afraid I'm gonna see something I shouldn't?" The pink haired boy had some weird tattoo of a bunch of circles on his collarbone, but Myunghee tried not to stare for too long. "Whatcha hiding, new girl? Yadong?" At that comment, the rest of the boys started laughing. Kai snatched it back and handed it to her. 

 

"Really Luhan? Don't be childish." He said as Myunghee stuffed the phone back in her pocket. The pink-haired one, presumably Luhan, cast a cold glare at his friend before moving on to talk to the one Myunghee recognized as Xiumin from her class. 

 

After a long walk, they finally arrived at a low-set pool house that reeked of alcohol and body odor. The extremely tall, sharp eyed and oldest male of the group, who she'd been informed went by Kris, opened the door for her. "Ladies first, Myunghee." He showed a gummy smile and swept her inside. 

 

"Hey new blood, long time no see!" Oh boy...