Chapter 3

A Promise to Protect

Myunghee sat in her chair as the lunch bell rang. When it finished, she stood and went to the door but was caught from behind. "Quite a show you put on, new blood." Hongbin's voice was right by her ear. 

She shoved him away. "Thanks. And you know my name already. Its not new blood." She tried to exit but only slammed herself into another body. She stumbled back with an 'oof' and was caught by a chuckling Hongbin. 

"My apologies, Myunghee." He put emphasis on her name. "Why don't you hang out with a new crowd today?" 

"Uh excuse me can you get your scummy hands off my best friend?" Nara snatched her away from Hongbin and glared up at him. 

"Oh. Hello, Nara." The snide male's grin dropped as he eyes the tiny figure. Myunghee finally got to look at the person she bumped into and the first thing that she noticed was the bright red hair swept out of his sharp eyes. 

"Sorry." Was all the new stranger said. 

"See you after lunch, Myunghee. Lets go, Leo." Hongbin mumbled and led the lanky male off to be joined by four others just ahead. 

"Look who's making googly eyes." Nara teased as she nudged her best friend. 

"Oh don't be ridiculous." She rolled her eyes and found  bench to sit on. "Hongbin is the last person I'd make googly eyes at." She pulled a lunch out of her pack and sighed. "Four members of EXO in my class."

"And Hongbin's in VIXX, so is Leo." Nara informed as she pulled out her own lunch. 

"Who's Leo? The big guy with the red hair that looks like it was dyed with marker ink?" Myunghee asked as she looked over at the girl beside her. 

"Yep. He's on the soccer team. Got a voice like no others and he's really good with his body. He's assumed to be mute. No one other than VIXX has heard him speak." She explained. "He's probably the most enjoyable out of all of them." 

----------

The rest of the school day passed with little interruption from the two gangs, so in Myunghee's mind things were finally beginning to look up. 

The nighttime streets of Seoul were alive with the bustle of thrill-seeking night owls. Myunghee had her headphones in and stared up at the sky as she walked. The streetlights made it hard to see the conditions above, but they didn't seem to be too pleasant and she knew she wasn't the only one to notice. 

There was a rumble of thunder and the traffic significantly picked up, but not before it began to pour down harshly. People were scrambling for cover inside and under store awnings, but Myunghee was only concentrated on moving forward. She pulled her hood up and kept running, stopping for no one. Well, unless no one was the nuisance that was swiftly making its way toward her. 

"Hey new girl!"