Bobhwan

Jinhwan Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Background

Bobby and Jinhwan had only been dating for the past few months but they already felt like an old married couple who are hopelessly in love with each other. They had matching couple outfits, cheesy nicknames (honey bunny and little duck) and they had already been talking about how many kids they wanted, where they wanted to live and if they would get a dog. Although talks of the future usually led to a few heated arguments. Bobby wanted to live in Seoul and have at least four kids whilst Jinhwan wanted to live near the coast, maybe move back to his birthplace Jeju Island and have only two or three children. But after every argument about the future they always had great make-up and this was probably the only reason they still disagree about things.

Many people thought that the two shouldn’t date as they are total opposites and a relationship between the two could only end in destruction but they complement each other and one’s weakness is the others strength. Where Bobby is loud and brash, Jinhwan is quiet and gentle. When Jinhwan needs help reaching objects from the top shelf Bobby would either hoist Jinhwan’s diminutive body up so he could reach, or he would grab the object and tease Jinhwan till he pouts and Bobby has to kiss his sulky face as repentant. When Bobby only scores a 15 on an exam Jinhwan would endlessly scold Bobby till he looked like a kicked puppy; but at the end of his lecture Jinhwan would already have a tutoring schedule planned out.

First Meeting

They both met at the tender age of 14 and 15. Jinhwan had moved to a new town and had transferred to the local school which Bobby attended. Jinhwan quickly joined the school music club as he loves music and plays the violin. Jinhwan found it hard to make friends as he had transferred during the middle of the school year and everybody already had their little cliques. But it was through the music club that Jinhwan met Yunhyeong the club president and they quickly became close friends. 

Yunhyeong constantly pestered Jinhwan to go out and be more social but he always refused. It got to the point that Jinhwan thought he was going to rip out all his hair in frustration due to the constant hounding from his close friend.

"Come on Jinan you need to stop being such a hermit and go out for once. Come to the basketball game tonight, we can get hotdogs and milkshakes whilst were there."Yunhyeong persuaded staring at Jinhwan with huge puppy dog eyes.

"Fine I'll go but you better stop annoying me with your endless pestering after tonight. And you only want to go to the game so you can check out the new player... Chanwoo I think."Jinhwan retorted, reluctantly agreeing to go to the school basketball match to save himself from going bald at the age of 15. Yunhyeong face went bright red at Jinhwan's reply and he glomped Jinhwan in happiness, nearly sending Jinhwan's petite frame to the ground. 

"Thanks you're the best friend ever." Yunhyeong exclaimed excited at the prospect that he wouldn't have to turn up to the game all by himself like some loser and could squeal over his crush with Jinhwan.

It was at the night of the basketball match that Jinhwan met his future boyfriend. Bobby was and still is the star player of the school basketball team. The ace of pretty much every sport lesson, the life of the party and pretty much that popular student who has the looks, good personality, sporting ability but crappy grades.

Jinhwan had been sat on the bleachers bored out of his mind as he hates sports and was getting increasingly more annoyed with Yunhyeong constant praises of how great Chanwoo is. So it was no surprise that once the ending buzzer was heard just after Bobby scored the winning basket; Jinhwan was out of his seat leaving Yunhyeong to his fawning and the rest of the noisy crowd. Due to the quick getaway he missed Bobby ripping his jersey of in celebration. A sight which caused many fangirls to faint from blood loss. 

Jinhwan stood outside the school gym enjoying the gentle breeze and quiet atmosphere after being in the noisy, overcrowded and boiling hot gym. He had to wait for Yunhyeong as he had hitched a ride and his house was at least a 45 minute walk away from school. A hike which un-athletic Jinhwan never wanted to do. Jinhwan wondered further into the school gardens as Yunhyeong wouldn't leave the gym for a good ten minutes of fanboying over Chanwoo. He admired the schools landscaping as he waited. The extremely breath-taking and beautiful cherry blossoms trees planted around the area made the school garden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter