Ch 1

I Think It's a Happy Ending

Spending an evening have dinner with Ae-Ra wasn’t high on Jung-Woo’s lit of things he wants to spend his night doing. However, his bitter mood during the meal was less from the fact that he did have to have dinner with his ex-wife and more from the fact that apparently Yo-han had a girlfriend he went on overnight trips with.

 

He knew that sounded bad but it really wasn’t. Yo-han had always been by his side, his friend, his companion, the younger had always been there when he needed someone to turn to. Until now apparently. Feeling particularly vindictive after being brushed aside by his friend he took Ae-Ra to the Dream House. It went about as well as could be expected.

 

He was, however, forced to forget about his issues with Ae-Ra and Yo-han when the problem with the breach progressed further. Which did not resolve as he’d wanted it to. And of course the second dinner with Ae-Ra did absolutely nothing to help matter. In fact is only seemed to make things worse.

 

Then there was the Lily incident, how embarrassing. And here he was lying there while Yo-han rubbed ointment on his back, and he tried to supress the shivers that threatened to take over his body. To add insult to injury Yo-han was basically telling him this entire predicament was his fault. Ok to maybe that last bit was Jung-Woo over reacting because the other wasn’t on his side. Then he was staring at Yo-han’s retreating back and it vaguely registered that he had told the younger to get lost.

 

No, no, no, this was not what was supposed to happen. Yo-han was supposed to shut up and get really passive aggressive as he continued to rub the ointment on Jung-Woo’s back before he just kept running his soft hands up and down Jung-woo’s spine because he didn’t want to stop and, WHOA, where did that come from.

Jung-Woo quickly brushed the thoughts away and tried to calm down his somewhat erratic heartbeat.

 

It was a few nights later that Jung-Woo had what he ended up referring to as ‘the dream’, disregarding how cheesy it sounded.

It had started of normal, didn’t it always, just a normal dream about making bacon pancakes and some sort of horrendous colored smoothie that didn’t bare thinking about. Until he noticed the wedding band wrapped around his ring finger. He figured it was because he was seeing so much of Ae-Ra at the moment and the idea that this was something about her, for some reason, didn’t sit right with Jung-woo. But it was a dream and there was nothing he could do but add more beetroot to the smoothie and let it continue. The dream progressed as per normal, vacuuming the curtains, etcetera. If it hadn’t been for the multiple signs that there was someone dream him was sharing his life with. Small things, a sticky note signed with a love heart, two toothbrushes in the bathroom, neither side of the bed was made and Jung-Woo definitely slept on the right side not in the middle.

 

He woke up at some point to go to the bathroom. His sleep clogged mind not really up to thinking about the dream. It was when he returned to lala land that he got the real surprise.

It was early morning in the land of Jung-Woo’s unconscious mind and the sun was just starting to poke through the blinds into the bedroom. Apparently his brain had decided to be an because although he could feel some shift in the arms of dream him they wouldn’t let him see the persons face.

“You know” dream Jung-Woo smiled at the person “after the first time the idea of being married again scared me.”

. Please don’t be her.

“But you made it all better and I’ve never been happier than being with you.”

The other person laughed and Jung-Woo felt everything he knew crumble around him. The younger male in his embrace buried his face in the juncture of Jung-Woo’s neck.

“After hearing you talk about your first marriage the idea scared me.”

“I’m glad I married you” Jung-Woo whispered into the young man’s soft hair “I love you.”

He brought their joined hands up gently kissing the youngers knuckles. There it was, identical to the one dream him was wearing, was a wedding band wrapped perfectly around the slim finger of none other than Gil Yo-han.

 

Jung-Woo was left reeling after he woke up. Yo-han seemed to sense his boss was off but was brushed off when he asked what was wrong, he quickly gave up with what was probably the most put upon sigh the world had ever heard.

“One day you’ll need someone to listen and no one’s going to be there because you’ve let them all walk out” Yo-han muttered shaking his head.

“Will you walk out” Jung-Woo asked. Yo-han laughed, the same laugh the had been haunting Jung-Woo since he woke up, the same laugh that gave up the identity of the mysterious person in his dream, because there was no way Jung-Woo wouldn't recognize Yo-han’s laugh.

“You won’t be able to get rid of me by being cold and moody, I know you too well. I would’ve pissed of long ago if I didn’t want to deal with it.”

Jung-Woo’s brain short circuited. He wanted to put up with Jung-Woo. He had said that right? That he’d wanted to, not he could put up with him, he wanted to. Yo-han probably thought they would have meant the same thing anyway. But Jung-Woo couldn’t help but fixate on the tiny possibility that maybe Yo-han had meant the slight difference in wording. That the younger had noticed and meant that he wanted to put up with Jung-Woo.

 

Jung-Woo remained distracted all day the only time he was pulled out of his mind was when the object of his fascinations. Yo-han came in at one point to give him some paperwork that Jung-Woo didn’t remember the importance of. Watching the various degrees of boredom that crossed Yo-han’s face as he explained what the papers about was much more interesting.

The younger seemed to find this issue particularly unimportant as he finished his explanation with a disinterested ‘well you get the idea.’

Jung-Woo took the papers in a daze, he didn’t know how he was supposed to deal with this. Thankfully nothing as terribly cliché as brushing fingers happened but the smile the Yo-han shot him as the younger left did leave Jung-Woo even more distracted than he had been before Yo-han arrived.

 

Life continued like this until Jung-Woo felt he had neglected enough and tried to pull himself together, which somehow landed him in a room with a very shirtless Yo-han. Jung-Woo had trouble forming a sentence, or any words at all as he stared at the bare expanse of skin that was Yo-han’s chest.

“Are you alright” the aforementioned shirtless secretary frowned. Jung-Woo nodded, opening and closing his mouth a few times in his best stunned mullet impression.

“You’re doing that spacey thing again” Yo-han sighed “you’ve been doing that a lot lately.”

“Have I” Jung-Woo questioned regaining some of his composure. Yo-han levelled him with a deadpan stare.

“Don’t even pretend you’ve been paying attention these past couple of day” the younger flops down into a chair “so car to talk about it yet.”

Jung-Woo ignores the question.

“Put a shirt on would you” he demands. Yo-han snorts but stands to find a shirt anyway.

“You’ve seen me without pants on before and all of a sudden your offended by my chest.”

‘No, I’m not’ Jung-Woo thought to himself ‘that’s the problem.’

 

Yo-han spent far too long, in Jung-Woo’s opinion looking for a shirt.

“So what did you come in here for?”

, I don’t actually have a reason to be here.

 

Jung-Woo managed to stutter out some bull about changing his office décor that Yo-han didn’t even pretend to look like he belived but didn’t push the matter.

Jung-Woo really needed to get a grip, fast, like yesterday fast. His first idea was obviously denial, he was just jealous because everyone had someone and he didn’t and Yo-han had always been there to help him and he was focusing on that.

Jung-Woo shot that theory down almost as quickly had he thought about he. He wasn’t stupid he knew it wasn’t that.

His second idea was that it was just a passing thing and to ignore it. Then he had come far too close to imagining his younger secretary pinned under his body and he’d had to rush off after eating to spend a suspiciously long shower.

His final and most hesitant idea was to actually tell Yo-han what he was feeling. His friend was incredibly stubborn and was continuously asking where his mind had wondered off to. And although there was probably other ways to sought this out once Jung-Woo had thought it, it wouldn’t leave his head.

 

This time he knocked on Yo-han’s door, lest the younger once again be sans an article of clothing and Jung-Woo’s brain short circuited.

“What’s up” Yo-han grinned as Jung-Woo entered the room. He was lounging on the bed, thankfully fully dressed.

“Are you busy?”

“Do I look like I’m busy” Yo-han snorted “besides, I’ve always got time for you.”

Jung-Woo gave a careful smile and sat lightly on the edge of the bed.

“Are you finally going to tell me why you been so out of it lately.”

Yo-han had sat up and crossed his legs, all trace of joking gone from his features.

“I was going to try.”

Yo-han nodded and let Jung-Woo take the time to collect his thoughts.

“Is it your ex-wife” Yo-han asked after a few minutes.

“No, no” Jung-Woo shook his head furiously “it has nothing to do with her.”

“Sorry. I just thought, because you only started behaving like this after that dinner with her.”

“It wasn’t the dinner with her” Jung-Woo sighed “it happened before that, when you left.”

Yo-han frowned.

“What happened?”

Jung-Woo turned to face him looking the younger straight in the eye.

“You left.”

 

Yo-han didn’t say anything a few moments.

“I, I’m sorry” he bowed his head “I didn’t know you wanted me there.”

“I didn’t either” Jung-Woo replied “But then you weren’t there and that was all I could think about. You’ve always been there to help me, and I guess I took that for granted and I didn’t think about why you were so important to me.”

Yo-han frowned more anticipation than confusion evident in the expression.

“I realise that this isn’t something that happens here, but I needed you to know” Jung-Woo “I am attracted to you, romantically, ually. I have feelings for you.”

Yo-han blinked, Jung-Woo wanted to jump out the floor to ceiling windows.

“Me” Yo-han questioned cocking his head slightly. Jung-Woo nodded.

“Yes.”

“That’s good”, now it was Jung-Woo’ turn to frown.

“Are you gonna leave it there, or do I have to ask you out” Yo-han grinned “because to be honest I look after so much I don’t think I could stand being responsible for the first date.”

“Oh shut up” Jung-Woo groaned dropping his head dramatically to hide the smile that had taken over his face. Yo-han sighed and tapped Jung-Woo’s chin until the older looked up.

“If I’m going to have to take you out the least you could do is kiss me.”