Chapter 4: I turned in to a...

Wish (Discontinued)

Chapter Four: Turning in to a …

 

(Leeteuk)

 

I turned over the sign of the shop to “Closed” and stretched my arms above my head. It had started to rain so I closed the shop early. My whole body was aching…well if I were human I would feel the pain. It’s one of the benefits of being an angel. You can’t feel any physical feelings.

 

What you don’t know? Let me explain then. My name is Leeteuk, the world’s most special angel. I’m the angel of wishes and this small café like shop is my shop. I’m an angel that grants wishes. I used to belong to one of the top angels and lived up there with the other top ranking angels.

 

So why am I here stuck in this shop?

 

A few centuries ago I made a tiny mistake. One of my clients made a wish I granted it and well… the result wasn’t that great.

 

How was I supposed to know that he was a total nut case and used his wish to conquer the world?

 

I gave a deep sigh and sat down on one of the tables in the shop. I was not a happy camper today. I had to grant 7 wished today, it drained most of my energy and when my energy is low, it’ll rain.

 

“You closed the shop early…” A voice next to me pointed out.

 

I didn’t need to look to know who was sitting next to me. I could tell who he is just by looking at his tall bulky body.

 

“Come on give me a break, Kangin. I served 7 customers today. I’m tired.” I said to him plopping half of my body on the table.

 

Kangin waved his hand and two bottles of been appeared in front of us. I stuck my tongue out at him and took one of the bottles.

 

“Show-off.” I told him rolling my eyes.

 

Kangin is a guardian angel and my best friend. We’ve been together for a long time and there is nothing that we don’t know about each other. Kangin never failed to rub it in my face that I have been stripped of some of my angel powers and is on probation, meaning my wings had been temporarily disabled and I can’t get out of this shop without special permission.

 

“I warned you about that guy… but no you had to grant his wish. Now you’re stuck here.” He said taking the other bottle and drank its content.

“Yeah… Yeah… Yeah… I messed up… blah… blah…” I replied nodding my head a bit annoyed.

“So, you served 7 customers today… that’s a low number for you. Why are you so tired?” Kangin asked me.

 

He had a worried expression on his face. He was right. 7 is a low number for me. I could grant wishes 10 times more than that a day. Today was an exception.

 

“I don’t understand it either. I started feeling tire right after I granted that wish from... Could it be because I granted a wish to a girl?” I told him.

“You granted a wish to a girl? That’s a first.” Kangin asked surprised at what I had just said.

“Yes. Her wish was simple though.”

“You’ve never had a girl customer before.” Kangin said to me stating the obvious.

“I know that. I couldn’t ignore her wish. The shop opened for her.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

 

I may grant the wishes but I don’t choose the customers. Just like me this shop has some powers. It chooses to open for its customers. People can see the shop only if the shop chooses them.

 

The shop may be magical but it’s not perfect.

 

Yeah… like that incident that caused me my wings.

 

“If the shop chose her then there has to be a reason. What did she look like? Was she pretty? Does she have a boyfriend? What’s her name?” Kangin asked me a little too excited.

 

Kangin’s always excited when girls are involved. In fact the main reason why most of his clients are girls is because of that attitude.

 

“Calm down Romeo. She’s a customer. She’s off-limits. She looked okay. She looked pretty average. The friend with her was kind of cute too. Too bad he’s already destined to meet his match.” I told him with a warning.

 

Kangin calmed down a bit and walked over to the counter and looked over the bottles stacked on the shelf.

 

“By the way, the reason I stopped by was because I needed some of your potions. You know the one that can change a person’s appearance. I’m low on it. Last night, the potion wore off and I turned back in to a guy just when I was about to enter all girls’ party.” Kangin said with a mischievous grin.

 

I rolled my eyes at him and walked next to him.

 

“You probably used up your stock trying to score on girls. I have one last bottle. The shop isn’t due to receive any stock for a while. Look Kangin don’t use up the potion too much. Okay?” I told him.

“Aye, aye, Captain.” Kangin said with a fake salute.

 

I turned to face the shelf and looked for the bottle that contained the potion but it was missing.

 

“That’s funny… it’s not here.” I said scratching my head.

“You didn’t happen to give it to someone by accident, didn’t you?” Kangin asked me suspiciously.

“Not that I know of… I probably misplaced it.” I replied calmly.

“So… no potion for me then?” Kangin asked a bit disappointed.

 

I shook my head no and he gave a disappointed sigh. I placed a hand on my chin and thought hard.

 

Where did I put that potion?

 

(Kim Ahra)

 

Time: 11:59pm

At home

 

I checked my alarm clock and it read a minute before midnight. I looked at the bottle in my hands and took a deep breath.

 

Is this really going to work?

 

My heart was racing and I was breathing fast. I literally jumped when the clock alarmed and read 12am. I closed my eyes and prayed that this bottle in my hands would be the answer to my problems.

 

No harm in trying right?

 

I closed my eyes and drank the contents of the bottle. It tasted like banana milk.

 

Taemin’s favorite.

 

I opened my eyes and suddenly felt dizzy. I felt like the world was spinning and I lost my balance and everything went black.

 

I dreamt a beautiful dream that night. I dreamt that I was in a room and lying on bed across from me was a guy. He didn’t wear anything on top and was only wearing black sports pants. His hair was covering his face so I couldn’t see who it was.

 

Who is this guy?

Why is he in my dream?

 

I heard someone arguing and barged in the room. A person stood in front of me blocking my view of the sleeping guy.

 

“Yah! Wake up already! We’re going to be late for class!”

 

Class?

 

It was then that I realized that I wasn’t dreaming. I immediately sat up and came face to face with the person in front of me. It was none other than Key one of Taemin’s friends and sleeping behind him was a half- Taemin.

 

What are they doing in my room?

 

“AAAAAAAHHHHH!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

 

I immediately pulled the blanket around my body.

 

“What are you… AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!” I shouted again pointing at Key.

 

Then came in Onew, Jonghyun and Minho. Onew was fully dressed, thank God! However, Minho and Jonghyun were only wearing towels around their waists. There’s still soap on Jonghyun’s hair. Taemin quickly sat up and looked at everyone with a confused expression.

 

“What’s wrong? What happened? I heard a scream.” Jonghyun asked worriedly.

 

He went to Key looked to see if he was okay then hugged him when he saw that Key wasn’t harmed.

 

“Nothing happened. This pabo just screamed all of a sudden. He almost gave me a heart attack.” Key said pointing at me.

“You would scream too if you woke up finding half guys in your room!” I told him in panic.

“Are you still half-awake? Aish! I was in the middle of eating a perfectly good fried chicken.” Onew said to me scratching his head and walked out of the room.

“I’m going back to finish showering.” Jonghyun said walking out of the room.

“I’ll go get changed.” Minho said too when he turned to leave.

“So? What’s wrong with that? We’re all guys here.” Key told shrugging his shoulders as if what I said was nothing.

 

I saw Taemin yawning and got up from his bed. I had to turn around and avoid looking at his half body. When I did that I had to look at Key’s

 

Guys?

What the hell is he talking about?

 

“Yah! Are you still asleep? What’s wrong with you?” Key asked me crossing his arms across his chest.

 

I didn’t answer I was still too shocked.

 

Why were they in my room?

 

“I swear you’re getting weirder by the minute.” Key said turning around and walked out of the room.

 

When he turned around it was then that I realized that I wasn’t in my room anymore. I stood up and then I saw my reflection on one of the mirrors on the side table.

 

No way!

There’s no way that this can be possible.

 

“What the hell happened to me?”