Chapter One: Prologue

Wish (Discontinued)

Chapter One: Prologue:

 

(Kim Ahra)

 

I opened my eyes and greeted the new morning with a smile. I was grateful that I had been given another day to celebrate. It was Monday and school officially starts. Students like me hate Mondays. Monday meant classes and classes meant school. Normally I would join my fellow students and curse the day named Monday. But somehow I was excited.

 

Yes! Yes! School’s here.

School = School days.

School days = Classes.

Classes = More time to spend with Taemin!

 

Lee Taemin, the love of my life, my reason for living and my soul mate. Ever since I studied at KPOP Academy I have met my soul mate. Lee Taemin was the one for me.

 

His bright smile, the smile that can bright up any bad day…

His brown hair that hung loose on his shoulder, that made him look so adorable…

But above all… the way he would move on the dance floor…

 

I get so excited just thinking about him. Yes, ladies and gentlemen… I have a crush on the school kingka, Lee Taemin. Oh, by the way, my name is Kim Ahra. I’m 19 years old and I live with my two older brothers, Kim Heechul and Kim Jongwoon or Yesung. My parents live far away so they bought us a small house near school so it would be more convenient for us. You could say I live a normal life… but my life is far from normal. You’ll get to know that soon enough.

 

Thinking about Taemin, I stretched my arms above my head and skipped down the stairs ad went to the kitchen to eat my breakfast. I sat down on one of the chairs and laid my head on my arms and allowed myself to day dream about my beloved Taemin.

 

“Ahra, I’ve been missing you.”

“ Oh Taemin, it’s only been two days since we last saw each other.”

“Two days without you is enough to drive me up the wall…”

 

Taemin and I were alone in our classroom. He took my hands and held them over my head while pinning me on the door with his body. Our faces were inches apart. We were so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face. I could feel my heart beat fast and my face turn red.

 

“Ahra…”

“Taemin, what are you doing?”

“I can’t control myself any longer. I have to taste your lips.”

 

Taemin leaned closer.

 

He was going to kiss me!

Finally Taemin’s going to…

 

Just as everything was well, Yesung my weird brother’s face replaced Taemin’s. I opened my eyes and startled by what I saw and fell off my chair when I saw Yesung’s face inches from mine.

 

Darn it! Oppa ruined a perfectly good dream!

I can’t even kiss my Taemin in my dreams.

 

“Oppa! Where did you come from? You almost gave me a heart attack!” I exclaimed obviously taken aback by Yesung-oppa’s head appearing.

 

I placed my hand on my chest and shook my head erasing oppa’s face from my dream. Yesung looked at me with a blank expression. I gently moved him aside and he sat back down on the seat across mine. He held his turtle Ddangkkoma in his hand and the turtle joined him in staring at me.

 

“You looked so cute day dreaming that I couldn’t help but stare at you… isn’t that right Ddangkkoma?” He told me without even looking at me and staring at his turtle instead.

 

Yesung-oppa talked to the turtle and I rolled my eyes at him. Sitting across from me is my older turtle-obsessed brother Kim Jongwoon. He’s a talented singer. He’s so good that he was nicknamed Yesung. He goes to the same school as me but he’s in college already. He’s short and has a big head the size of a melon, but don’t tell him I said that. He also has small hands. Ddangkkoma’s bigger than his hand so he usually held him with both hands. He’s a gentle person and cared for me very much, though I some times feel that he loves his pet turtle more than me. But Yesung has a “unique” personality probably because of his blood type “AB”. He doesn’t talk much but I feel his love every moment.

 

“Oppa… you can be so weird sometimes… okay most of the time. Can’t you act normal for once?” I asked him rolling my eyes.

“I’m not weird. I’m just special.” He replied shrugging his shoulders.

“Extra special.” I said with a smirk.

“Fine. I’m “extra special” but not as special as he who must not be named.” Yesung whispered to me and placing a finger on his lips.

 

He’s right. Yesung-oppa might be weird but not as much as my older brother.

 

“I know. As soon as you mention Heechul’s…”

 

I immediately covered my mouth with my hands when I mentioned oppa’s name. Yesung slapped his forehead and ran one of his hands across his face. Right on cue Heechul my oldest brother entered the kitchen with a scowl on his face. Heechul is never a morning person and took out most of the time his foul mood on everyone, everyone meant me and Yesung.

 

I don’t know why but whenever we mention Heechul’s name he appears right before us with a foul mood. Heechul, my oldest brother is a narcissistic, hot-tempered diva who has a unique fashion sense and just a weird person. He looks feminine, more feminine than me and is usually mistaken for a girl. He used to have short hair but he grew it long and dyed it blond when he graduated from college last year. Now he goes to the same school with me as a teacher.

 

Though Heechul-oppa may look like a sweet princess, he is far form being sweet. He’s usually in a foul mood hence, Yesung-oppa and I try our best not to mention his name and just call him oppa or hyung. This morning I messed up and mentioned his name by accident.

 

Note to self: Be prepared for the worst.

 

Heechul-oppa walked to the refrigerator ignoring us completely and took out a cartoon of orange juice. He took out a glass from one of the cabinets and poured himself some juice. When he saw that the carton was empty he cursed and threw the cartoon on the floor stomping it flat with his foot. The poor carton didn’t have a chance.

 

Here we go… another round of oppa’s tantrum.

Brace yourself.

 

“Yah! Why isn’t there any juice? Who was supposed to buy the groceries?” He shouted at us totally pissed off.

 

He shouted at us some more and lectured us about being responsible, etc. I felt my ears were about to pop because of his shouting. I looked at Yesung-oppa helplessly but he couldn’t stop oppa. When Heechul started to complain about his turtle, Yesung finally opened his mouth.

 

“Uh… hyung… you were supposed to buy them. Sunday’s your turn to but the groceries, remember?” Yesung stuttered a bit scared of Heechul-oppa’s reaction.

 

Yesung-oppa was stuttering but Heechul heard him and calmed down. He cursed again and finally sat down with us. He crossed his arms across his chest and smiled at us.

 

“Mianhe. I forgot. Why don’t we have breakfast at Chi-Han?” Heechul said realizing that he had over reacted.

 

Did I mention the two sides of my weird oppa? First there’s the grouchy ill-mannered dive Heenim and the other is the sweet fun loving Angel Chullie. I’ve been suspecting for years that there must be something wrong with my brothers. I swear, I must be the only normal person in the family.

 

The mention of Chi-Han made my heart race. It made me forget everything that I was thinking. I stood up from the seat and screamed from the top of my lungs surprising my brothers.

 

“Chincha? (Really), oppa? We’re having breakfast at Chi-Han?” I asked excitedly.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you? Yes we’re eating there. Isn’t that your favorite restaurant?” Heechul-oppa said looking at me strangely.

“Yes! Yes! Thank you oppa! I’ll get dressed right away!”I said while hugging Heechul-oppa tightly jumping up and down.

 

“Yah! Do you want to die? No hugging!”He said pushing me away.

 

I was so excited that I had forgotten that I had hugged the wrong brother. Yesung-oppa didn’t mind me hugging him but with Heechul-oppa it’s the complete opposite. Heechul-oppa hated any physical contact but I was so happy I couldn’t help it. Heechul-oppa’s foul mood returned and Evil Heenim appeared once again.

 

With no time to spare, I quickly ran out of the kitchen leaving Yesung-oppa with Evil Heenim who started kicking the table cursing.

 

Mianhe Yesung-oppa but I have to get dressed. You’re probably wondering what’s gotten me all excited. You see, Chi-Han was the place where my beloved Taemin was working part time as a waiter. He worked there everyday before and after school.

 

How do I know that? Well countless hours stalking him helped a lot. I know I sound like a creepy ert but… when you like someone as much as I like Taemin, you’ll understand.

 

Since, it’s pretty early Taemin is bound to be working. Maybe this time I could finally tell him how I feel about him. Come on, this is the 21st Century. A girl confessing to a guy is normal and I’m a normal girl who’s obsessed with the school kingka, Lee Taemin.

 

While taking a bath I hummed a tune about a girl falling for a guy. I was so happy! After taking a bath, brushing my teeth and putting on my uniform I looked at myself in the mirror and gave myself a thumbs-up sign.

 

Perfect!

Kim Ahra, you’re the most beautiful girl in the universe.

Taemin will fall for you.

 

I kept telling myself that over and over again trying to build up the courage in my heart. I’m going to confess to Taemin today and there’s nothing that could stop me.

 

“Ahra! We’re leaving now!” Heechul-oppa shouted from downstairs.

“Wait for me!” I shouted back.

 

I grabbed my things and ran down the stairs. My brothers were just entering Heechul-oppa’s car. I opened the backseat and together we drove to Chi-Han.

 

Taemin darling… just you wait! I’m coming